Home

What is your vidya style on your first playthrough of a game?

mimartin

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vidya style on your first playthrough of a game?

• Slow and deliberate (trying to figure the game out and see everything)
    • Fast , fast and faster
    • The pace that best fits the story.
    • Let’s see how this works
    • Just play and have fun.

Do you poke around and try to find everything?

Do you power through it so you can be finished before everyone else?

Do you try to figure the game out, what triggers what?

Do you role play it, become the character?

Do you just play it to relax and take a moment to forget real life?

Asking because I just finished 10 days and 10 hours play time in TOR. Not sure I have ever spent that much time playing one character in one playthrough. Also don’t know if I ever had that much fun playing something that completely goes against my normal first playthrough playing style. I usually just concentrate on getting the main story line done. Too impatient to set back and enjoy the ride, so I power through. Not to finish before others, but to see what happens. Deal with the details in the 2nd and/or 3rd playthrough.

Horribly, Dreadfully, Painfully slow and extensive.

It's why my Skyrim game, I'm still on the "first" character (that I didn't ragequit) for well over 300+ hours now ;)

It's why I'm still on the 2nd planet for both my ToR characters... and why every time I start Fallout 3.. I know it's going to be well over 70+ hours :xp:

It's probably why I enjoy sandbox games moreso than FPS as I'm far too curious (slow) to be effective in that genre. Gawdz forbid I started a MW or CoD game. I'd be too busy exploring the emtpy buildings (and getting sniped/headshotted 40x) rather than shooting someone. :lol:

In all honesty.. I seriously doubt I could pull off enjoying a game any faster than Mass Effect or Fallout (tame in comparison to all the other FPS-ish combatwise games out there).

I'm a completionist at heart, so yes, my first playthrough usually goes quite slowly as I want to know, see and do everything the game has to offer. Like Chainz, this is quite obvious when playing a game lik TOR, where I really want to do all quests, when other players would just abandon them.

I by no means did all the quest in TOR, I haven't done but a few of the flashpoints and heroic mission, but I'm fairly sure I got most of the side quest and bonus mission. Would have love to do the flashpoints and heroic too, but it just wasn't possible with my PC. I got killed every time I tried a Heroic plus 2 with her. I could sneak into the area, but just couldn't do the quest solo.

I was surprised when I asked questions about the bonus missions that the speedy players did not do all the planet bonus missions. :)

I tend to take things super slow. I always do my best not to miss anything and when I do it irritates the crap out of me. My goal is to get through the story collecting all the items ( if any ) and earning all achievements possible while I enjoying the storyline. If something is too difficult though I'll skip over it first play through and probably never come back for even though I mean to.

I remember my first datacron..... I like my playthrough by playing and getting the best armor as possible and look like a Jedi Master/Sith Lord, as right now im a lv 31 Sith Juggernaut, Lord Salvik. I love the armor im curently wearing, I will post new pics of my character with cool armor in my Social Group. And back to topic, Im not really much of an explorer, I usually hate that. But I kill everything I see and continue with my story. (Love my new companion, Jaesa Willsamms)

It generally depends of the game. If it's a long game, I will only try to find everything on the second playthrough. If it's a small or simple game, I'll complete it on the first. But in both cases I just play and have fun, so that gets my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dreadfully slow, I try to do all the sidequests humanly possible (and not possible), so I end up getting sick of the game and moving to another for a while. That's why in mass effect I have almost 26 hours and I've only done Noveria and most of Feros... \m/ but I also get sort of lazy so sometimes I'll skip a bunch of sidequests just to keep going through the game and progress. That's also why I haven't completed many games.... and I sometimes end up making multiple players and get to a certain point and stop... So if I were to vote a second time, I would say "Just to have fun and forget real life for a moment" because isn't that ultimately why most of us play games? Forget real life for a minute and relax, enjoy the story? For me, going slow is part of that just enjoying the game. Well anyways, that was my rant. Sorry if you read the whole thing and wasted your time, meh. :/

I'm a completionist at heart, so yes, my first playthrough usually goes quite slowly as I want to know, see and do everything the game has to offer. Like Chainz, this is quite obvious when playing a game lik TOR, where I really want to do all quests, when other players would just abandon them.

Ditto. I like doing all the quests, and I like to explore every nook and cranny. (Although I have found that if I *do* complete all the quests, I'm sometimes at a higher level than I should be for the next phase which can be disappointing if it makes things too easy.)

But I have to say the artwork in TOR is brilliant, and the background NPCs are so amusing to watch. Think I spent nearly half an hour in one part of the game just looking at stuff and 'people' watching. :) My second TOR character is progressing faster than my first, but I'm still finding things that I missed first time around.

Archived