Home

REQUEST:SITH STALKER conversion possible ?

Riven Fall

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taken a closer look at that model, and I can assure you that it IS possible to convert it to TSL. It's not easy, but possible.

I'm planning to make such conversion when I will have more free time (and when I'll finish some other stuff I'm currently working on). Can't say when it will happen (if will happen at all, plans are a fragile things).

However, i can suggest you to contact reapper on this; he seems to be able to put custom character models in game.

• 3 weeks later...

its going to be a while I discover an error there is two texture maps on the stih stalker armor I tried using the two maps in the kotor 2 game didnt work I'm going to see if I can combine the two into one texture map unless you guys know a way to use two textures maps on one model? if not its cool

yeah I got that part thanks but here is where I am confuse what do you call the other texture part for example: I call the main texture PMBH15 and assign the .uti to 15 now what do you call the other texture part????? and how do you assign it the other texture to the .uti????

For models like this I recommend use disguise items. This way texture variation in *.uti will not matter (it will affect only icon number) so you can name your textures any way you want.

You'll need to make a new entry in appearance.2da (value for all model* columns will be your model name; tex* should be ****) and add a disguise property to the *.uti for this to work.

hey deadman I'm not sure how to use the appearance.2da I tried to use do what you said but sadly it didnt work for me can you explain it in details? this is where I get lost I open up kotor tools and open up appearance.2da right...and insert a new row put the columns name "pmbhm" thats the armor I'm replacing ok now what do I call the string ref?? and the name of row race? and then there is something call "model type"

Model type tells the game engine if this character have full body+head model (like Sion, Nihilus, etc.) or body and head are separate models. For this model you should use set it to F (full model, B is for separate models).

Stingref - leave it just ****. I have no idea what it realyy does.

Race - put your model name here (just like in model* columns).

BTW, you can just copy a line from any fullmodel character and edit it with your values. For example, copy Nihilus line and replace N_DarthNihilus (in all columns where it is) to your model name. That should work just fine.

Anyway, when you'll complete weighting the model you can send it to me and I'll help you with getting it in game and setting up the installer.

great!! so here is wip its not complete yet but just to show you where I"m at but yeah deadman I will send it to you once I am finish with the weighting I spotted some errors as you can see four places the stomach, Rarm, knees and the neck

stalker.jpg

but this is goood nearly done.....hey deadman once your done with this model and you got it in the game can you show me how you did it like the hole process of the installer or give me a link on how to's of appearance.2da how to make it work thanks!!!!!:thmbup1:

yeah I got that part thanks but here is where I am confuse what do you call the other texture part for example: I call the main texture PMBH15 and assign the .uti to 15 now what do you call the other texture part????? and how do you assign it the other texture to the .uti????

It has to be one texture if you intend to have multiple reskins of the model.

one russian guy was converting JA stormtroopers into kotor and they were awesome :) but cause it's forbidden he never gave em to anyone or released.

i guess someone should make a nice detailed tutorial and we can do something by ourselves :) you know if you own both games and what'nat :)

No I don't think so. It only applies to assets being ported betwen both kotors, and the model itself is community made anyway, it would just be like making a new model and using it in both kotors, not porting because you made it yourself.

Anyway, lets move off the porting topic, bit of a dodgy subject :)

thanks darth-ackbar :thmbup1: couldnt say it better myself actually I'm almost done guys....hey Shaggoth I can make it for both k1 and k2, kotor 1 does have better story but kotor 2 has better force powers and titles for your character like "sith lord" or "jedi master" but anyhow shaggoth if you give me your email I can send you a nice detailed tutorial on how to put custom armor models in game....:p:p

one russian guy was converting JA stormtroopers into kotor and they were awesome

Nice to see you too, mate! It was a long time, eh?

wait, isn't this porting?

It's porting, but it IS legal, 'cause model was originally made by another modmaker.

you give me your email I can send you a nice detailed tutorial on how to put custom armor models in game....

I suggest you to post tutorial here on forums.

I can post tutorial here?? coooool!!!! I didnt know if I could post tutorials here when I finish the model I'll post tutorial here its really easy but long thou...oh this is going to be great!!

Yep. Just post it in Holowan Labs, and then someone will add it to the appropriate Tutorial section.

Is the model animated in the same way it would be in JK:JA, or does it use the same animations as other models in TSL?

Archived