Home

GL says Han NEVER shot first

ChAiNz.2da

George Lucas Now Says That Han NEVER Shot First As He Shoves Star Wars 3D Down Your Throat

The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't....

Source

AV Club Source (a little more substance)

Original Hollywood Reporter 5 questions (with even more GL BS, CGI Yoda anyone?)

I'm calling BS. ;)

Added some more source links in the OP.

If you look at Blade Runner, it’s been cut sixteen ways from Sunday and there are all kinds of different versions of it. Star Wars, there’s basically one version — it just keeps getting improved a little bit as we move forward....

Again. I'm calling BS. ;)

Lucas is such a liar. I swear; it's getting harder and harder not to hate this guy, though I'm beginning to think that that's exactly what he wants.

In other news, GL is retiring. That's right; no more Star Wars movies -AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! (cue whining about criticism and fan edits) :crybaby:

Never mind that he's been saying that there will be no sequel trilogy all along, but hey; it might get more people to rush out and see TPM (The Polished Manure) in 3-D. Also, if you don't go see Red Tails, you're a racist.

George Lucas: World's Greatest Troll. :dozey:

No sequel trilogy ≠ no more movies

Which is why I said Star Wars movies.

Whatever Lucas makes will likely suck, regardless. He's become the cinematic kiss of death.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. Greedo still dies either way.

The original scene showed a ruthless, "shoot first and ask questions later" side of Han's character. That one little change undermines him considerably, which is why people are so ticked off by it.

It was a stupid decision and Lucas is just too pompous to admit it, so he continues to tinker with it instead of changing it back.

Then what's the point for you to mention the sequels?

What other Star Wars films would he likely make?

That's a matter of opinion.

You're right; it is. emo-emot-smug.gif

Really, though, my only gripe with GL now is his steadfast refusal to release a Blu-Ray edition of the unaltered OT on one hand, and whining about fans editing his films on the other. He can't seem to grasp that if he acquiesced to the former, fans would have that much less incentive to do the latter. Instead, he insists on being obstinate and childish about the matter.

As far as I'm concerned, he can continue to make his soulless schlock if he wants to, and I'll, quite simply, continue to ignore it, like I should've done, but failed to do, with the PT. I haven't seen Indy 4 and I most likely never will. It's the historical revisionism that ticks me off.

What other Star Wars films would he likely make?

Spin-offs, anything else... The "episodes" are part of the Skywalker story. There is no story beyond that. But Star Wars has a big galaxy, full of other tales.

He can't seem to grasp that if he acquiesced to the former, fans would have that much less incentive to do the latter.

If that was true there would only be restorations, and not fan edits. Besides, if he was really affected by fan edits, he would have forbidden them long ago.

pictures etc.

I think a part of growing up is realizing that when George Lucas doesn't necessarily get his way all of the time (Original Trilogy), his movies are incredible. When he does get his way (Prequels), they suck.

So, essentially, the worst thing about Star Wars is George Lucas.

Again. I'm calling BS. ;)

Blade Runner has a number of cuts, however Ridley Scott doesn't try to keep people from seeing the admittedly poor theatrical cut. George on the other hand acts like a stupid little child, and only wants people seeing whatever cut he happens to have cobbled together at the moment. Also like a child he insists that the films are "MINE MINE MINE!!", and that he can do whatever he wants with them. Discounting the fact that film making is a collaborative process, and effectively standing on the shoulders of many talented people. He's become a moron who doesn't understand the charm of his own films, and insists on continually diluting them with pointless bull****.

Archived