Home

RIP Whitney Houston

mimartin

Sparkle (2012)

Synopsis: "Three sisters form a successful singing group and must deal with the fallout of fame and drugs."

Err...awkward.

My memory of Whitney will always be the crappy summer job that I had the year that The Bodyguard came out. The owner insisted on having the radio tuned to top 40 during business hours and this station played that goddamn song 17 times per hour. One day I snapped and called the station and begged the dj to make it stop. That's the day I learned that radio djs don't get to choose what they play.

LDR has took my American-hating role :@ (Nah, i'm jus' playin' :) )

A couple lit a candle in remembrance of Whitney, and went to bed, forgetting the candle was lit. The candle burnt their house down.

Oh bitter irony.

But still, R.I.P Whitney

It would only be ironic if Mss. Houston had died in a house fire. She didn't. So it's not ironic, just unfortunate.

It would only be ironic if Mss. Houston had died in a house fire. She didn't. So it's not ironic, just unfortunate.

irony

• A condition in which one seems to be mocked by fate or the facts

Sounds okay to me. The 'exact opposite outcome' meaning is just one of the many meanings of the diverse gentleman that is irony.

Sparkle (2012)

Synopsis: "Three sisters form a successful singing group and must deal with the fallout of fame and drugs."

Err...awkward.

My memory of Whitney will always be the crappy summer job that I had the year that The Bodyguard came out. The owner insisted on having the radio tuned to top 40 during business hours and this station played that goddamn song 17 times per hour. One day I snapped and called the station and begged the dj to make it stop. That's the day I learned that radio djs don't get to choose what they play.

Payola is why I quit listening to the radio when I was a teenager. The crap they were pushing was just awful.

Payola is why I quit listening to the radio when I was a teenager. The crap they were pushing was just awful.
This was my sophomore year in high school. I gave up commercial radio in college and agree with you wholly (except I would argue that "awful" is too generous).

Yea I stopped listening to the top 40 in 1993, when Rock was ousted by Grunge, there's only so many Unwashed depressed tramps with minimal musicality you can listen to before you become one yourself.

But anyway, RIP Whitney, talented singer who made bad life choices.

Archived