Home

reopen LucasCast Discussion

Kuuki

quick question, how many people actually visit these forums a day anyway??

According to Widestat -

Lucasforums.com's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is #244,097. This domain registered on 2001-08-05. It reaches roughly 1,846 unique users each day. Visitors to it view 2.7 unique pages each day on average. Estimated daily time on site 01:35 seconds.

Well,

again, unless I am misunderstanding your post mimartin, I can't make a new thread in LucasCast forum because its locked.

However, I'm not sure if that demo-graphical information that Astor posted, ~1.8k users DOES seem quite a bit, imho.

But at any rate, why I wanted the LucasCast forum to be reopened is because between the experience that I learned with helping out the Cast and also helping to run another forum (more like dedicated clan forum) with their own thing (getting to the point)

That other forum ran for many months at a time it's own Internet Radio server, and before then members from there we're members of yet another Internet Radio server (before splitting off).

Needless to say, I ran by some things with Groovy, and I'm sorry if I'm getting a little 'antsy'; That's basically because, not only do I believe it could be done, but; I'm absolutely sure that I can do it.

Sure, there is money involved, but I believe I can cover the initial costs (like the software licenses IE: Virtual DJ, Virtual Audio Cable).

And then there is the hosting of the Radio itself.

shoutcheap.com DOES have their basic fees listed on their front page, but after an email to them I got a set of two different pages:

http://www.shoutcheap.com/shoutcast/shoutcast-96kbps-plans/

http://www.shoutcheap.com/shoutcast/shoutcast-128kbps-plans/

Honestly, I'm more used to the 96kbps stuff, and naturally with the listed plans; We can have a plan that is more easier to manage (financial wise) given the amount of users/listeners. And tbh, 96k vs 128k even if there is a noticable difference, its still a bit acceptable, even with the audience that I used to have.

When it comes to the server itself, they automatically have whats called an 'auto DJ' that can play items on a preset playlist; SO, when using that, we could have the old broadcasts of LucasCast running on a playlist during the NON-live casts.

But to bring back to Virtual DJ, this is the software that I have gone to known and love, considering that's what I've used to run my OWN shows for the other forum.

Like I mentioned that's a pre-investment that I can front myself, and I can teach other LC 'DJs' to use and I'll share that license.

As for Virtual Audio Cable, thats a bit of software that REALLY needs to be explored, but however doing some research in utilizing virtual audio device drivers (that the program should provide), I could 'tie-in' either TeamSpeak3 or Skype calls into Virtual DJ that can broadcast a potential LIVE show of LucasCast.

*SHRUG*

Well, there you guys go. I put my info in...

I suppose its with you guys with the backstage access to the forum to discuss now :/

[edit]As of right now with just going with JUST the radio itself and the old LC files, I can run a 25 listener max for a little over $10 (after taxes I assume), given if I can get the FTP info again to re-download the casts and to upload them to the radio server.

...as a test[/edit]

Archived