Home

KOTOR III

christos200

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...eeeeeeh... it's okay, but there's a better game which you can find more about here...

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=730

...and here... http://www.starwarsmmo.net/

^^ This.

Coming from first-hand experience and with some skepticism going in.. I have to say that ToR is a bit unique and far from the typical MMO experience.

In all honesty, there's very little "MMO" involved.. a few flashpoints and areas, but nothing that's game/story dependent. It's probably one of the largest and longest single-player Star Wars games I've ever played (and it's a blast!) :lol:

Sure there's a subscription price.. but even if you just paid for one month or 6, you would get your money's worth. ;)

With 8 classes, 3 tiers (or random) skillset trees PER CLASS.. there's (near) endless re-playability. Even the class stories differ... so it's not like firing up KotOR and playing the same story just with a different playstyle.

If anyone has any questions about ToR as far as SP/MMO elements or the game in general, pop a question in the links that Lynk posted. I'd bet half of the naysayers would be pleasantly surprised if you gave it a chance.. (I did).

Coming from first-hand experience and with some skepticism going in.. I have to say that ToR is a bit unique and far from the typical MMO experience.
I concur, I was highly skeptical going in as a matter of fact I did not want to play it at all. Lynk talked me into because of the forum. I wanted KotOR 3, not some stupid game I had to pay a monthly charge for the pleasure to 500 Revan Jrs.

384 hours into the game and I’m sold (264 hours of those are with one character). While the Trooper has some of the same quest as the Smuggler, the class quest are different enough to make up for it. My Imp Agent, while having similar playing style as my smuggler isn't totally different quest. So around $60.00 for the game and $15.00 doesn’t seem like a bad when I consider KotOR took me about 30 hours on my first playthrough. I almost feel like I have bought 8 different games, so I'm not upset about the continued cost.

Also haven't seen any Revan Jrs running around. :xp:

PS: thanks Lynk :xp:

I went in to tOR with an open mind and full of excitement, and I'm no stranger to monthly fee's... but I've never been so disappointed in a game in my life, I've not had one single minute of fun, it is lifeless, watered down poop, and I wouldn't play it again even if it was free to play. I fear it will have longevity based on the name alone, so I think games that could of been (other than K III)will not be made

Edit: This is merely my Opinion, and unwavering, I do not need to lower my standards/expectations, nor group up more :)

I went in to tOR with an open mind and full of excitement, and I'm no stranger to monthly fee's... but I've never been so disappointed in a game in my life, I've not had one single minute of fun, it is lifeless, watered down poop, and I wouldn't play it again even if it was free to play. I fear it will have longevity based on the name alone, so I think games that could of been (other than K III)will not be made

Edit: This is merely my Opinion, and unwavering, I do not need to lower my standards/expectations, nor group up more :)

I couldn't agree more. I played the BETA I realize it's a little different then the released version, But not that much.

It was like a reskined version of Guild Wars. Don't get me wrong. I like Guild Wars, but it was free monthly at least. I won't pay $15 a month for recycled materials.

Recycled materials? Not really sure I understand that, I haven't seen any recycled materials in TOR and like I wrote I'm almost 400 hours into it.

Way I figure it, I have played TOR for round 60 days now (not including the beta). 60.00 (game price) + 15.00 =$75.00 (the first 30 days comes with the game. 75/384=.20 per hour... Tell me what entertainment you can get for 20 cents per hour? Sounds pretty cheap to me...

Why must people continue to tempt and tease with KOTOR III?

The videos look nice, and the dubbing of Atton Rand almost fooled me. The menu especially is a nice rendition, but it seems like more of the same stuff we've seen over the last 8 years since TSL came out. KOTOR III, as much as I hate to admit it, is not going to happen. :( It might be time to move on.

Why must people continue to tempt and tease with KOTOR III?

The videos look nice, and the dubbing of Atton Rand almost fooled me. The menu especially is a nice rendition, but it seems like more of the same stuff we've seen over the last 8 years since TSL came out. KOTOR III, as much as I hate to admit it, is not going to happen. :( It might be time to move on.

Well, that may be true, but some people work on massive content mods (i know this isn't the place for that) that could be the equivilant of kotor 3 (all the modules will be reused, but its about the story)

Since this is from the developers of Force unleash...

This could be for the Force Unleash 3 with a more RPG element to it.

Even if this game is based between kotor2 and TOR...it won't be centered around Revan. It would be a new story with possible reference to kotor2 characters except Exile.

This could also be for a New Jedi Outcast/academy (Kyle) game.

Hm. Maybe with what little tidbits were there by Obsidian, Lucas decided to beat the dead horse one more time for profits. Again. :p

Good job Logan23! Your mod is causing their ego to inflate and they are determined to beat you to the punch by making a new game before you get done making your mod! :devsmoke: Perhaps maybe it's a call to Holowan labs for an employment opportunity.

NARF!

Archived