Home

KOTOR III

christos200

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because it's LucasArts doesn't necessarily mean it's a Star Wars RPG, but we can hope. As long as it's not a Indiana Jones RPG I will probably be very excited about it.

I'll have to agree. I'm hoping its starwars, if it is it's probobly their way of shutting up the fans who wanted a star wars rpg (kotor 3) and it would shut me up for a while hehe :)

EDIT: The videos say kotor 3...

:rofl: This cracked me up.

But realistically, man, I think 80% of this forum's community has spoke up in friends saying ME WANTZ KOTOR III. It doesn't change anything. Give up.

Why should everyone sway to your P.O.V just because you think holding out for, or keeping hope alive for a KIII is ridiculous? Is it ridiculous for those of us here who are still wanting a Battlefront 3 or a Jedi Knight 4? Either way I more or less will be holding out (without choice in the matter) until something comes along for the 360.

Well it is not that we are discussing KOTOR, which is fine but rather the discussion of a sequel that is 7 years old. Don't get me wrong, I still wish for a KOTOR III too...but the dead horse has been beaten pretty hard over the years, might be time to bury it.

Jedi Knight 3 aka Academy is older than KOTOR yet some of us are still wanting a sequel today. I don't see the problem with wanting a new game even if it's not likely to happen so maybe we should just live and let live eh, or have you already visited the JK forum and told them to stifle their desires for a sequel? :roleyess:

Struck a nerve did I? You don't need to get your panties in a bunch just because someone's opinion stifles your wet dreams.

If you'll read my previous posts...none of my wording was hostile, or even negative. I expressed my own desire for a KOTOR III, but followed it with my opinion that it might be time to bury a dead topic.

Struck a nerve did I? You don't need to get your panties in a bunch just because someone's opinion stifles your wet dreams.

If you'll read my previous posts...none of my wording was hostile, or even negative. I expressed my own desire for a KOTOR III, but followed it with my opinion that it might be time to bury a dead topic.

An opinion is one thing, but basically saying "shut up, we're tired of hearing all of the KOTOR III lust" is another and a few posters have basically said just that.

If you like SWTOR then great good for you and everyone else who enjoys it, but as I see it there is nothing wrong with discussing the possibility of a KIII. And for the record if this new "it's dead so we should bury it now" mentality is catching then we might as well close some of the SW & non Star Wars-related LA sub-forums since there are plenty who post desires of a new "Sam & Max" game and what-not, unless you've already paid them a visit and told them to shut up more-or-less.

The ones in the first post, though thats proboly fake :) oh well, wont stop me hoping

It looks like a fallout mod, or rather someone just playing around with it. At least I think it's fallout - I've never played.

Oh, and on the topic, I'd love to see just about any new single-player SW title for the next-gen systems. Is it just me or has it been like 10 years? TFU is the only one I can think of. I thought it was fun, but really forgettable.

Maybe you should lurk in silence a while longer, see how we handle discourse here.

Well, I'm not sure that one's post count has anything to do with one's ability to engage in respectful discourse. I think it has more to do with things such as one's patience, experience, and willingness to learn from others. I have amounts of all those, though not as much I would like. Also, apparently not as much as you would expect to see.

"shut up, we're tired of hearing all of the KOTOR III lust"

I never said that...I'm not sure why you chose to place those words in quotation marks. I'll admit, re-reading my previous posts now I do see a bit of passive aggressiveness in my statements. I apologize, my critique of continued discussion on this matter (possible KOTOR III) was not intended to insult. Rather, I was more leaning towards playing the devil's advocate, and expressing my point that a KOTOR III is not in the works (as far as I know, which obviously, is not absolute) and as such continued discussion of it is moot. Again, I can only stress that it was an opinion and in none of my previous posts did I declare it to be an absolute necessity that discussion of KOTOR III must cease.

As I indicated in my previous posts, I would like to see a KOTOR III. The fact that a KOTOR III was never allowed to be finished baffles me, and I still question the justification for not continuing to pursue it even after the original project was started and then cancelled. Obviously, the market is there and has continued to be there. Here we are 7 years after the release of KOTOR II and still plenty of people (not just limited to this forum) would be willing to support development of such a game. My university roommate still gives me a "haha sucks for you fag" any time I bring up the topic of what a travesty not continuing the storylines of both games is to me, and many others.

If you like SWTOR then great good for you and everyone else who enjoys it, but as I see it there is nothing wrong with discussing the possibility of a KIII. And for the record if this new "it's dead so we should bury it now" mentality is catching then we might as well close some of the SW & non Star Wars-related LA sub-forums since there are plenty who post desires of a new "Sam & Max" game and what-not, unless you've already paid them a visit and told them to shut up more-or-less.

I am assuming this was mainly directed towards me Blix. As a matter of fact, I do not play SWTOR. I refuse to simply because it is hailed as a pseudo-KOTOR III without actually being so. Might be a mistake on my part, because for all the frustration I might have for it being such a poor continuation of the series (in my opinion) it does seem from the experience of others to be an enjoyable game.

As far as closing down forums and telling people to shut up, again I never said that. But to go back to my devil's advocate opinion of before (and like I said in my first post on this thread) there is no recent news of a KOTOR III except for the videos in the OP and the article linked a few posts ago (at least, I have not seen any; though I would love to be wrong, because KOTOR III would be awesome). The videos are nice, and certainly are a cool concept of what KOTOR III could be, but they appear to me to be the work of a modder and not a demo of a product being created by a commercial video game developer. As for the article, again I hope it is true. However, I've seen, as I'm sure all of us have, at least half a dozen articles since 2005 with similar information; which on original speculation were a good sign of a new KOTOR game but turned out to be either simply rumor, or were early inklings of what would become games such as TFU, TFU 2, SWTOR and others. I'm not trying to say that the article should be discredited simply for that fact, but I guess I'm saying that unless something concrete arises..why get our hopes up only to be dashed again? Maybe I'm just bitter. Kudos to you guys if you can still keep positive thoughts about KOTOR III after all this time. :rolleyes: ..hmm... I guess after writing that whole rant to justify myself, I only succeeded in exposing my own jealously.

I never said that...I'm not sure why you chose to place those words in quotation marks. I'll admit, re-reading my previous posts now I do see a bit of passive aggressiveness in my statements. I apologize, my critique of continued discussion on this matter (possible KOTOR III) was not intended to insult. Rather, I was more leaning towards playing the devil's advocate, and expressing my point that a KOTOR III is not in the works (as far as I know, which obviously, is not absolute) and as such continued discussion of it is moot. Again, I can only stress that it was an opinion and in none of my previous posts did I declare it to be an absolute necessity that discussion of KOTOR III must cease.

Unfortunately, it appears as though you're not seeing the larger picture when you're reading your previous statements. I'll be honest, I haven't been involved with this topic, yet the way you present yourself seems to be that you think your opinion is superior to everyone else who has posted here and that you think they're foolish for continuing the discussion of the possibility of KotOR III, so in essence, what he "quoted" from you was basically how a lot of people see your previous posts.

My university roommate still gives me a "haha sucks for you fag" any time I bring up the topic of what a travesty not continuing the storylines of both games is to me, and many others.

No offense, but it sounds as though you need a better friend...

I am assuming this was mainly directed towards me Blix. As a matter of fact, I do not play SWTOR. I refuse to simply because it is hailed as a pseudo-KOTOR III without actually being so. Might be a mistake on my part, because for all the frustration I might have for it being such a poor continuation of the series (in my opinion) it does seem from the experience of others to be an enjoyable game.

To be honest, I don't think anyone who plays TOR to be even a relative of KotOR, the only thing really in it that relates is Satele Shan, HK-47 and a temporary appearance by Revan. (Although the appearance of Revan baffles me, due to how many years has passed since Revan disappeared into the Unknown Regions, despite how they went about explaining it, I still don't think it should be possible :p ) I will admit that I do enjoy the game, but I don't see it as what you say it s.

Ziost, it certainly was not my intention to put myself on a pedestal above others. I'm really trying to extend an olive branch here. I spoke out of turn. It is my opinion that a KOTOR III will not happen, and that to keep discussing it at this time is pointless. Not foolish as you thought I indicated, which might seem like I'm splitting hairs to save myself, but I do not consider those who still actively hope for a KOTOR III to be fools. I think they are wrong, but I do not think they are unintelligent. Again though, its an opinion, everyone has one and I don't expect anyone here to change just because it is what I say. I'm just one individual who has played KOTOR games and enjoyed them thoroughly. I'm not an expert, I do not work for LA, or any company which has been or might ever be involved with production or development of any KOTOR game.

To your second point, yea my friend and I have an odd relationship. I consider him to be like a brother. Although we often rip on each other to the extreme.

On your third point, yea you got me. SWTOR is not a sequel to KOTOR, but when I said pseudo-KOTOR III I meant it in the context that because of SWTOR's mere existence, I think it further supports the idea that a KOTOR III will not happen. So for all intents and purposes, this is the closest thing we will get to a KOTOR III. Again, its what I think. But, leaving 300 years in between KOTOR I and II and TOR does leave a nice buffer for the possibility of a game in the interim, who knows?

Ziost hit the nail on the head perfectly, and don't feel bad Consular you are not being singled out here there others here who I was referring to as well (you know who you are ;) ) I do agree that the majority of the comments that the KIII nay-sayers have made makes it seem like their opinion is law and we're stupid for even questioning it and for not just "giving up". Simply, we're allowed to keep hope alive for a KOTOR III, you're allowed to say otherwise. However; the vast majority of us who are pro-III already know everything that the nay-sayers have been saying; "give up", "it's never gonna happen", "just settle for SWTOR", etc, etc. What baffles me is that instead of simply stating an opinion or in fact just leaving the discussion to those who want a KIII altogether instead of lurking in to stir up the hornet's nest so-to-speak. As far as I see it if you are satisfied with TOR and don't care if a III ever sees the light of day then you really don't need to be in an active thread discussing the possibility of said sequel. I don't care if this is a public forum, we have enough issues with trolls and internet-tough guys elsewhere that it should be common sense if it's not a topic I that I am going to positively contribute to then just gtfo and leave it out.

Sort of off-topic, my friend informed me that it took almost 10 years for Crimson Empire to finally see completion - sure it's a comic book and some people might look at it like it's not as important as a videogame or a movie but that's what makes it so important; ten whole years and a new volume is finally released. We don't know how these devs or producers think, it took the US a long time to get Final Fantasy III which was released straight to the Nintendo DS. I wonder what prompted SEnix to decide to just remake the game for a new console and release it internationally, when they could have worked on other projects instead? Who knows, 5, maybe 10 years from now we'll see a remake of KOTOR I & II along with anticpated III (even if it is just an interlude to TOR), which judging by K1's game of the year and cult status I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a remake so easily.

Ziost hit the nail on the head perfectly, and don't feel bad Consular you are not being singled out here there others here who I was referring to as well (you know who you are ;) ) I do agree that the majority of the comments that the KIII nay-sayers have made makes it seem like their opinion is law and we're stupid for even questioning it and for not just "giving up". Simply, we're allowed to keep hope alive for a KOTOR III, you're allowed to say otherwise. However; the vast majority of us who are pro-III already know everything that the nay-sayers have been saying; "give up", "it's never gonna happen", "just settle for SWTOR", etc, etc. What baffles me is that instead of simply stating an opinion or in fact just leaving the discussion to those who want a KIII altogether instead of lurking in to stir up the hornet's nest so-to-speak. As far as I see it if you are satisfied with TOR and don't care if a III ever sees the light of day then you really don't need to be in an active thread discussing the possibility of said sequel. I don't care if this is a public forum, we have enough issues with trolls and internet-tough guys elsewhere that it should be common sense if it's not a topic I that I am going to positively contribute to then just gtfo and leave it out.

Sort of off-topic, my friend informed me that it took almost 10 years for Crimson Empire to finally see completion - sure it's a comic book and some people might look at it like it's not as important as a videogame or a movie but that's what makes it so important; ten whole years and a new volume is finally released. We don't know how these devs or producers think, it took the US a long time to get Final Fantasy III which was released straight to the Nintendo DS. I wonder what prompted SEnix to decide to just remake the game for a new console and release it internationally, when they could have worked on other projects instead? Who knows, 5, maybe 10 years from now we'll see a remake of KOTOR I & II along with anticpated III (even if it is just an interlude to TOR), which judging by K1's game of the year and cult status I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a remake so easily.

If it takes 10 or even 20 years for KOTOR III to come out, I wouldn't mind. I love this series.

Guys! This could be it! I don't know about you but we've been asking for so long this could be it:

http://sillegamer.com/2011/09/28/lucasarts-working-on-knights-of-the-old-republic-3-psm3-november-2011/

Spread the Word!!!!!

I've heard about this myself but it could any number of games, most probably a jedi knight or battlefront sequel.

I think maybe someone struck one of your nerves, have a look round on LF and it might come to your attention that people here don't flame everyone for no apparent reason. Your entitled to your opinion just as much as everyone else is but you don't need to get all aggressive, unless you want the fast road to being banned.

However, reading your recent posts consular, it seems that you've decided to be a bit more courteous, so I don't mean to be mean but maybe you need to think through what you're saying before you say it.

You are correct. Basically what happened is I made a dick comment, and people here called me on it.

It's ok, I've done it myself before without even meaning to. It just pi***s people off when people just come on the forums to greif everyone.

Anyway, to get back onto topic, has anyone heard anything else about this game christos brought up? It looks quite interesting.

Even if anything did ever actually appear, LucasArt's lawyers would nuke it into oblivion in a heartbeat.

I agree. While the videos might look very cool at first, I don't think it'll be successful. Especially if there are only two to three people behind it. And they can't release anything legally with content that is owned by someone else, aka the whole star wars universe.

Guys! This could be it! I don't know about you but we've been asking for so long this could be it:

http://sillegamer.com/2011/09/28/lucasarts-working-on-knights-of-the-old-republic-3-psm3-november-2011/

Since this is from the developers of Force unleash...

This could be for the Force Unleash 3 with a more RPG element to it.

This could also be for a New Jedi Outcast/academy (Kyle) game.

Don't get me wrong, but the source states that it's an 'open-world RPG'. And the games genres (Force Unleashed and JK-series) are Action-Adventure and First/Third person shooter. If they continue one of these series (which would be pretty dope ;)), they wouldn't go away from Action to RPG.

On a side-note: Has anyone thought of the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG?

Fastmaniac

Archived