Home

Vidya Steals and Deals!

ChAiNz.2da

Heya gang!

GOG was having a pretty decent B1G1F sale and I realized we don't really have a place to post such stuff (and it's not really worth a thread of it's own). So.... if you happen to stumble upon a decent deal for vidya (games, movies, gear, etc.) Feel free to use this as your home :)

Of course, I realize this could be opening an invite to spammy-mcspam-spam posts, so:

• don't go all ape. Sensible deals but don't go and just repeat Steam's or GOG's weeklies unless they're pretty special.

• Obvious spam-bots/trolls will be killed by fire as usual.

• If the thread starts to be abused, it too will die by fire. :xp:

• Links to deals and if possible, when the deal ends.

• No Affiliate links to deals. Thread isn't here for you to profit off of.

• For this particular thread, don't worry about the double-posting rule. Some deals may not come til weeks apart and there may be no other posts between notices. ;)

Now, bring on the goods!

For all you D&D fans.. GOG is having a B1G1F sale. $9.99 gets you some pretty sweet choices. Plus a bonus copy of Temple of Elemental Evil. Ends Monday, Feb. 27th (2012)

http://www.gog.com/en/news/buy_one_get_one_free_all_dandd_games_on_sale_for_a_whole_week

It's really nothing super-special.. however one of the choices is Planescape:Torment. If you have never played it, spend 10 bucks. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The latest Humble Bundle is THQ, strangely. It's a pretty good deal though. For a minimum pledge of $1 you get Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor. If you pay over the average (at the time of writing, just under $6) you also get Saints Row The Third. Steam and Windows only. Additionally, there are some soundtracks included that you can download directly (and you can get by themselves for any pledge between $0.01 and $0.99). Giftable Steam keys available as well (cheap Xmas present!).

http://www.humblebundle.com/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Amazon is having a major sale atm - a "Digital Game Mayhem".

Some goodsorts over at NeoGaf have compiled a list of sale items. They also have the item sale periods (what manner of strange magicks they used to obtain this information, I have no idea, but I sure am thankful for it).

Some interesting deals include:

Batman Arkham GOTY Pack: $11.49

Borderlands 1 + 2: $19.99

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition: $7.50

LEGO Lord of the Rings: $7.49

Mass Effect 3: $5.99; Digital Deluxe Edition: $8.99

Sid Meier's Civilization V: $7.49; Gold Edition: $12.49

Tomb Raider: $19.99

+Many, many more.

Already got Mark of the Ninja for $3.74. Got my eye on Dark Souls, Metro 2033, and Tomb Raider.

Courtesy of his venerableness, Sir Sabre for alerting me to this development.

• 7 months later...
Didn't seem to be free for me, I checked it out minutes after J7's post and it was "only" half off. Does Steam do regional sales or something?

It was weird in that it listed it as 50% discount but it was free; you could just click install game next to it. Did yours have a price next to it? I'm UK Steam.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

if you don't already know, the Steam summer sale is going on right now. if you don't know what it is, well, lets just say that sales are happening like mad. yesterday, i spotted Skyrim with all the expansions for $20!! there's plenty of other things that are on sale, and the sales change on a daily basis.

my grab bag so far:

Sleeping Dogs +DLC - $8

FEAR +Exp Packs - $5

Halo: Spartan Assault - $2.50

RAGE - $5

Worms Reloaded GotY - $5

crossing my fingers for a sale on Watch Dogs and the new Wolfenstein game. :D

I grabbed Skullgirls today on Steam and I'm keeping an eye on Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. There was a chance for it to be a Community's Choice yesterday, which would have put it at a price of 5€ as opposed to the current 11.99€, but no luck.

Other than that, I'm open to recommendations on individual games, or bundles, especially if the multiplayer is good. :)

Archived