Home

The Secret of Monkey Island: SE Official Soundtrack

Rum Rogers

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I should be starting a new thread so similar to the "Monkey 2: SE Official Soundtrack". If not, I apologize.

I've extracted from the MI:SE Collection DVD the official soundtrack for Monkey1, merged all files into one and put it on Youtube.

What I've found pretty notable is the way some tracks terminate to suit a real soundtrack instead of simple game rips: for example, the Scummbar song ends with a transition which (as far as I know) is never heard in-game, and with some claps and pirate noises.

Thought it was worth sharing :)

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
I think you should respect Jesse's wishes and just remove it anyway. Fans should buy the soundtrack if they really want it.

Sure thing. If Jesse wants me to remove it, I will do that at once. Just waiting for an answer ("I'm not thrilled" is different from "please remove it").

No, I shouldn't have said anything. I don't want to become the Music Police. That's the job for our Business Affairs folks. So, I'm not making a decision one way or the other on it. I don't want to interfere with your community here. In fact, I'm going to just fade back into the ether ....

going ....

going ........

You may interfere whenever you want, it's your own work I've been sharing and as a loyal fan and owner of various legitimate copies of the game I'd take those videos away if you ever change your mind :) kudos to you and come back soon, it's a pleasure for us to have you here :) cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Why? I mean, every single track is available on Youtube, I just put them all together! I would have removed it immediately if Jesse asked for it, but he didn't seem to mind that much. Of course if you give me a good reason I'm going to take it away!

I'm all ears :)

I really don't see any issues with having soundtracks on YouTube. Practically every game ever has its soundtrack on there nowadays, and it actually probably does more good for games and their composers than anything else because it exposes people to soundtracks they might otherwise have never heard — people share YouTube videos all the time.

I personally often preview albums on YouTube before buying them, and if I can't preview an album I won't buy it. It's not convenient nor does it produce a high-quality file if you try to rip music from YouTube, so that's hardly a concern.

it's not that you just made a playlist, you re-uploaded a new video file.

Yep, that's exactly what I did.

I never said I made a playlist, with "I put them all together" I meant to say I created a single video file which included the whole soundtrack!

Nothing to be ashamed of, I think. I own lots of MI copies and LEC games in general, I spent a lot of money with my passion for adventure games and I really don't see what's wrong with sharing good music with people who either already own legitimate copies of the game or don't (in this second case, would my sharing affect in any way their decision not to buy the game? don't think so).

Archived