Home

Jake Lloyd: Star Wars made my life "a living hell"

Lynk Former

HE PLAYED an iconic role in one of the biggest movie franchises of all time.

Jake Lloyd had the world at his feet and should have been the envy of every child in the world after playing Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace when he was eight years old.

Instead, the Star Wars actor quit the film industry after his childhood was turned into a "living hell".

The 22-year-old became so haunted by the movie he vowed never to act again and he has stayed true to his word.

"Other children were really mean to me," he said.

"They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad."

Jake recalls how busy his young life became and at one point he was doing around 60 interviews a day.

"My entire school life was really a living hell - and I had to do up to 60 interviews a day."

Lloyd felt so much anger towards the George Lucas directed film that he destroyed all of his Star Wars memorabilia, and only reprised his role as Anakin for five video games.

The youngster decided to take early retirement from acting as he was no longer able to fit in at school.

"i've learned to hate it when the cameras are pointed at me," he told a magazine.

Jake, whose mother is an entertainment agent, admitted in an interview Scifitv.com that he doesn't like watching the film anymore and he blames George Lucas for that.

"When you have something like that there's a lot of expectations for it to meet the standards of the public and I don't think George did that.

"For me to go back and watch it now would be kind of creepy."

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/jake-lloyd-who-played-anakin-skywalker-in-star-wars-the-phantom-menace-quit-film-industry-after-life-made-living-hell/story-e6frewyr-1226291297398

Now_this_is_podracing.jpg

Some part of me feels for him, cause we all know what he's talking about when he criticises TPM... but another part of me feels like he's being a douche cause he could've easily used TPM to get a good acting career happening since he was still very young and had room to grow into something else entirely.

He blew his chance and it's his own fault, not GL's and not TPM's... now he's just trying to make a bit of cash from newspapers by bitching about it.

Actually, it's the newspaper who's trying to make some cash over made up controversy. The "journalist" took quotes of various interviews and put them of context. Typical tabloid.

Here's the

he gave and which the article quotes.

And here's a more recent

with him.

This is what happens to me in school, just because I love and mod star wars games doesn't mean they could mess around with me.

If they f****** touch me in school, i'll beat the **** out of them. I know what this kid is feeling. But why did they make fun of him? He was acting in one of the best movies in the world. Hes famous, i'd like to see them become famous as this kid was. P.S: Damn! 60 interviews a day? Give this kid a break.

Yeah I think he is being a douche. I understand the complaints about not fitting in at school but after a few years that would have passed, and he could have a decent career on his hands if he had stuck with it. Instead of threw it away.

From his Facebook page:

The Sun is claiming I gave them an interview recently that I did not. The quotes in the article do not accurately reflect my feelings for the time I spent on Star Wars or the time I spent in high school. I feel very fortunate to be part of the Star Wars family and always have.

Then again, I don't get how anyone believes in tabloids.

Half of me feels for him but for the most part "pfffft!" Honestly lightsaber humming and TPM quotes are nothing compared to being called "homo" or "queer" on a daily basis and bullied into self-harm or suicide.

I'm not sure how much I believe him or the paper.

In similar suit to Macaulay Culkin, he got out when the getting was good at the onset of adult life. So many kid stars are washed up or become God only knows what by age 18.

I do have to say this, though, I am halfway wondering if he isn't a sociopath.

Maybe he didn't get out of childhood stardom so unscathed after all. :indif:

• 1 month later...

Archived