Home

Buying SWTOR

darth-ackbar

Hey everyone, I'm totally new to swtor and mmo's in general so bare with me :)

So my friend has been playing tor for a while now but he want's to sell his account. I said I'd buy it off him but we were wondering first is this even possible, can you buy the game from a friend and do you have to use his account or your own. Please help, I really want this game.

PS: Sorry if this has been asked before, if so could someone direct me there.

Star Wars: The Old Republic/FAQ -- Can I purchase the Game for other people?

Yes; however, only one official Game Product Registration Code can be applied per Star Wars: The Old Republic account. You cannot have multiple Product Registration Codes applied to a single account.

Star Wars: The Old Republic/FAQ

By the sound of it, you would have to use his account. That said you would need to change the billing information, email address and password to protect yourself. Personally, I would just buy the game and play it, or get a friend to invite you to the 7 free days trail to see if you like it first.

Friends Trail

Ok, thanks. Just out of interest really, if you buy the account from someone else, do you have to use their characters or can you delete them and start fresh?

You can start fresh OR play with your friends characters. You can have 8 characters on each server. You dont have to delete your friends characters, but you can if you want.

Archived