Home

What was the worse video game ending for a game you have played?

mimartin

63 members have voted

1. 1. What was the worse video game ending for a game you have played?

• Diablo
    • Fable
    • Fallout 3
    • Halo 2
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Neverwinter Nights 2
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords
    • Super Mario Brothers
    • Wet
    • Dragon Age 2
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • Crysis: Warhead
    • Doom 3

It seems that some people around the internet have decided that Mass Effect 3 has the worse ending ever for a video game. So I believe we need to test that theory with a completely unscientific poll question.

I’m not the game connoisseur like some of you so my list may be incomplete, so reply (but don’t vote) and I will add your suggestion to the list (at least until we get the max entries).

Diablo

Fable

Fallout 3

Halo 2

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Neverwinter Nights 2

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Super Mario Brothers

Wet

Remember this isn't the worse video game, this is the worse ending, made even worse because the game was good up to that point.

I'm going to hold off voting for now, since I haven't finished ME3, but if I were to vote right now it would be for Neverwinter Nights 2... also I actually liked the ending to both Fallout 3 and TSL.

Reminder use spoilers tags when discussing plot items especially when dealing with Mass Effect 3's ending.

You can only vote for one. Decided not to make the poll public, I don't want to know who hates my favorite game ending. :)

Added: Dragon Age 2 - I was one of the few that liked the game, but the ending was terrible IMO.

Added: Deus Ex: Human Revolution per skype request

KotOR II was awesome, and I was satisfied with its ending (oh yes, I said it). Can't judge ME3's ending, but even if it is that bad, I think there are quite a few endings in gaming history that are worse. From the choices given, I picked Neverwinter Nights 2. Gotta be honest, haven't played half of the games on this list, but you can't deny the cheap ending to an otherwise decent game. I think I would've included Dragon Age 2's ending as well, then again, maybe it doesn't deserve to be named among these otherwise great games.

Also, mim, we need a "best ending to a video game" next. :p

Also, mim, we need a "best ending to a video game" next. :p

You will have to give me a list because my list starts and ends with ME1. I'm not even sure it is the game that makes the ending for me or the music, but Faunts' M4, Pt2 was perfect for Mass Effect.

it was a better story at any rate.

Overall, I agree. The ending was obviously rushed though.

The way Psycho gets a "super gun" to take down the "big red alien" was far too alike Nomad taking down a similar looking "big blue alien" with a similar looking "super gun".

Also, Psycho's commentary throughout the boss fight is a massive pile of Wisconsin.

Like Miltiades, I was also satisfied with TSL's ending (the long talk with Kreia worked just fine IMO).

The worst ending that that I've seen was of a little known game called Darkstar One. After the obligatory "saving the universe by killing the evil aliens", you're still flying your old rustbucket and the "girl of your dreams" runs off with another guy. :D

But from the choices above - Dragon Age 2.

I can't believe that many people are voting for KOTOR II, I hope LucasArts realizes it needs a sequel... please! :(

Why would you sequel something that has the worse ending?:xp:

Also IMO there are many worse endings than KOTOR II, the TSL is one of my favorite games of all times. Warts and all...

Well, only have played 3 of the games on this list (TSL/ME2/ME3). Probably have to say TSL, mostly b/c of the anti-climactic feel it induced and had expected more from it than I got. Mass Effect sequels benefited from no real expectations on my part.

Mass Effect 3 by far it has depressed me to my core I cannot stomach another playthrough right now. 99% of this game is epic but the end is one of the worst ever in any game or movie...

ME2 had a great ending with lots of possibilties IMO

Those who put TSL but haven't played ME3 be prepared to change your vote...

Archived