Home

Who is Stronger?

EdwardPatton

Sith or Jedi? People always say sith, but IMO that doesn't make sense. The Sith's downfall is there arrogance, betrayal, and emotions. If you can trigger their emotions you can kill them. Also, as time goes by Jedi's become stronger (EG: Yoda) and as time goes by for the Sith they become weaker (EG: Malagus). Well that is just me I'm not smart about Star Wars; I just wanted to hear you guys opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

"In My Opinion" it depends on the user. Sith rely on raw emotion to gain greater strength, that is some of the reason Malgus killed his Twi Lek "partner", so he could always call on the emotion of the loss of his beloved. But raw emotion is only a path to the Dark side, it has it's limit. Once a force user was able to center themselves, and gain control over themselves and their emotions, they became powerful and could control that power. Palpatine may have been a loose cannon at the beginning, but like his Master, he learned to control his emotions and became more powerful because of it.

This is kind of off the reservation here, but in X-Men First Class, when Magneto was learning to use his powers, he was asked to turn a satellite dish a long way away, just by concentrating. When he tried using his raw emotions to turn it, he failed, because he couldn't fully control his gift. Once Professor X "taught" him how to control his emotions, he had little trouble turning the dish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Jedi would be very powerful if they did not squander others. Their ranks were replete with people who used their power to assert themselves only inasmuch as it defended their interests. They never took advantage of their powers as they should have. The acquisition of Anakin was a smart move, but the choice not to free his mother was a rather naked display of their cowardice. With their combined effort, Qui Gon and Obi Wan could have freed Anakin and his mother without endangering their lives. This is central to why the Jedi Order fell. They could not consilidate enough power.

Now the Sith are a different story. In one respect they are admirable, in another they are to be treated with caution. The extol the kind of darwinian virtues I respect, at the same time they are dishonest. My associates and I made a deal with the Exchange to eliminate the Exile, not the Sith, because we were afraid of being considered disposable once the task had been complete. If the Sith could be truthful in their ways, we would have struck a bargain with them.

In the end, both Jedi and Sith had to fall, even Vader and the Emperor, because one could not foster the courage to truly assert themselves and the other could not surpass their inherently two faced character.

Neither really is stronger by nature. Yoda puts it well in ESB when he says the dark side is not stronger, only a quicker and easier path. Another good illustration comes from the TFU novelization, during Starkiller's fight with Shaak Ti; when the former boasts about the "inexhaustible" strength of the dark side, the latter replies that "light [and] dark [are] just directions" (the meaning being that he is powerful simply because he strong in and well-trained, not specifically because he uses the dark side). It really has more to do with the development of the individual than anything else.

Indeed. I did not align myself with either Jedi or Sith; I chose my own path. I was unsuccessful because I lacked the resources the Exile did, but the truth remains that had I had more at my disposal, the encounter would have turned out in my favor.

• 2 weeks later...

The Human "Sith" are greater than the native Sith, but that is because they are stronger in numbers.

The Jedi are few in numbers and rely on self-control for everything and they don't care who they let in aslong as they have high midichlorian count, just look at lil Ani. They sensed fear in him and still took him in and trained him, and what did that get them?

The two Sith groups combined greatly outnumber the Jedi, even the clone troopers of the 501st took out a generation of Jedi so imagine a couple of force adept sith fighting side by side with the clones.

The Sith are the stronger ones.

• 1 month later...

The Jedi are few in numbers and rely on self-control for everything and they don't care who they let in aslong as they have high midichlorian count, just look at lil Ani. They sensed fear in him and still took him in and trained him, and what did that get them?

The council allowed Anakin to be trained because members of the council believed that he was the embodiment of the prophecy of the one who would bring balance to the force. He didn't meet any of the other criteria for Jedi training, but the blind belief that he was the chosen one made him a shoe in

The Sith have greater strength and power, but the Jedi understand more about the power they use. And it's not always a high midichlorian count - Zayne Carrick, for example.

I don't think you can say a group was more powerful, you have to look at it on a person by person basis. Not all Jedi had the power that Master Yoda had, so you cannot lump Yoda in with a jedi from the AgriCorps, the same way you cannot lump in a powerful Sith like Darth Plagueis and someone who in comparison was a pee-on like Count Dooku. You can compare the strongest of the Jedi to the strongest of the Sith, but comparing the whole group doesn't work

• 1 year later...

Archived