Home

which one?

if i can only afford one game, should i buy TFU or TFU2? also, i dont have any consoles, just a PC. i heard TFU for PC is an obvious port and therefore kind of choppy, so is it even worth it at all? ive heard mixed reports about the game. some love it, some hate it. i appreciate yalls answers, thanks.

TFU, definitely. It's a console port, but the only "problem" there is is the lack of mouse support in the menus, so you must use the keyboard to navigate it. Otherwise, it's easily playable. I have a Xbox 360 controller and I much prefer the keyboard + mouse to play the game. The PC version is the Ultimate Sith Edition, and as such it comes with all DLC (levels and costumes) available.

TFU2 is short, doesn't have all the DLC like the console version, and it lacks some graphical features that are present in the console versions too. It's a bit more optimized for the PC, but it lacks too much in comparison to the console version to be worthy.

Get yourself a PS3 or Xbox 360 and buy them both on your new console, because the PC versions are clearly broken by default. I have no idea why so many people keep playing them on PC.

Where is the PC version of the first game broken? It's not optimized, but that doesn't make it broken. And since it supports keyboard+mouse (which I prefer) and higher resolutions, I'd say the PC version is better than the consoles.

Well the first one was the better game. But it was also a bad port with many bugs. They didn't even bother to add the mouse to the menus. That should tell you something.

The second one was a better port, with better optimization... but the game it self is worse than the first.

Still I'd say get the first one, update it, download the patch and enjoy. It should work fine.

if i can only afford one game, should i buy TFU or TFU2?

Get yourself a PS3 or Xbox 360 and buy them both on your new console, because the PC versions are clearly broken by default. I have no idea why so many people keep playing them on PC.

Wow, thanks man. Really, really helpful.

@alexrd ive heard that in TFU theres a lot of commands that pop up on the screen telling you to push certain buttons to accomplish objectives for certain situations. that sound to me like it would detract from the feeling of control i had over in-game action. how do you feel about that? does it make it seem like you have less control because there are certain actions you can only perform in certain situations?

Well, would you really buy a sequel first? You'd be all screwed up story wise. Get the first one, then the second

Yes, that's a good reason, too. In fact, it irks me when some people start playing a franchise, Star Wars or not, from the second (or third) game on. It's just wrong. :p

Yes, that's a good reason, too. In fact, it irks me when some people start playing a franchise, Star Wars or not, from the second (or third) game on. It's just wrong. :p

Right, I had a friend who started on the Kotor series with the second game and I told him he would be absolutely clueless on it, needless to say he sadly gave up on it quickly

• 2 weeks later...
@alexrd ive heard that in TFU theres a lot of commands that pop up on the screen telling you to push certain buttons to accomplish objectives for certain situations. that sound to me like it would detract from the feeling of control i had over in-game action. how do you feel about that? does it make it seem like you have less control because there are certain actions you can only perform in certain situations?

That only happens on boss fights when your enemy's health bar is almost empty. It's just to end the fight with a "cool" finish move.

You really don't need to play the first to get it.

Well, actually you do. The first game is where the main characters are introduced.

And on the PC, it's far superior...

Unfortunately, it's not true. The PC version doesn't have reflections nor wet clothes effects, which are present on the console version.

Well, I could follow the story just fine without having known them before. So it's not really that confusing.

I meant TFU2 compared to TFU. It got just too many quirks for it to beat it's sequel. I realise this is due to technical failure, but the rest of the game itself isn't good enough to compensate for this... IMO.

It got just too many quirks for it to beat it's sequel.

It's not as optimized as the sequel, yes. But it's more about menu navigation than anything else. Then again, I've read that there is a bug on the last level that makes the PC version of TFUII impossible to finish.

• 3 weeks later...

High resolution and memory are the keys to unlock both games and have two perfectly enjoyable experiences. The second is said to be too short. Therefore it ought to be played more sparingly. Either of these games I haven´t played, but if I were to make an estimate, I would say the first is worth more for its experimental value, both in terms of game hacking and combat scenarios.

The second seems to be more of adventure, a chronicle to follow and has visual segments that are most impressive.

Archived