Home

Whats your opinoin on SWTOR in relation to the kotor series?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Books: entertaining. Only Deceived and Revan have had any bearing whatsoever on the game as best I can determine.

Fatal Alliance has yet to bear any significance. None of the characters from it have solidly shown up in the game.

Gaming wise, can't comment. Have not played.

Story wise...neutral: it's a continuation if ever so minor about the sith emperor. That is about the only direct relation...and maybe one or two other characters. Keeping spoilerifics to a minimum, I don't think this is the last we've heard from Emperor Vitiate. Still a Work In Progress. Other than the ancient tyrant's connection to the KOTOR games, and apparently a few references (or so I am told) and some familiar character names there is no other connections.

What I don't like is the fact that it is an MMO you have to pay subscriptions to, but we've been through this before. Basically I believe when you buy a game, that should be all, save for DLC. But ce' le vie, this is what it is. So if they are determined to keep working on it and adding to it, I'm fine with that. They're listening to what we the fans are saying, and have been saying. Well, some of us.

I hear the complaint that "it doesn't revolutionize MMO gameplay". Just so long as it plays SOMETHING resembling KOTOR games and actually feels like Star Wars, I don't have much problem there as this will be my first MMO anyways. And probably the last. What it does do is add more storylines and voiced dialogue than any other has to date.

SWTOR is probably the reason this forum is beginning to come back a little.

I like that I'll be able to connect with some friends over long distances, and maybe get to "cyber hangout" with some people here.

To sum it up, I could take it or leave it. I'll take it for a time when I am able. But it's expensive, and it will be expensive to get to that point.

TOR is excellently awesome and fun.

In relation to the KotOR series? No relation...TOR is better,..by leaps and bounds.

KotOR is a 7 year old game that you can play through in 3 days. So why try to equate it?

3 days!? I can do it in 9hrs.

What?

Must... not... reply...

Whynot? Go 'head.

I have no clue about comic books and novels and whatnot..so I'm not commenting on all that. I was just talking about the games..

Oh,..ok...well then there ya go! :) 10 or 12 hrs..

I don't know playthrough time...but you get my point. TOR's an MMO so it's huge.

was in the "we must have KotOR III!" camp... now I don't give a rats about KotOR III cause TOR is awesome

I agree.

Well, I wasn't ever in that camp, so I never gave a rat's. But I did enjoy the games as they were..having only discovered them two years ago.

Other than the ancient tyrant's connection to the KOTOR games, and apparently a few references (or so I am told) and some familiar character names there is no other connections.

They HAD to put refrences to the old games in because it was demanded by... oh, uh, nevermind. They did do a really good job of ignoring TSL though...and patting themselves on the back for the original KotOR.:rolleyes:

I was in the "we must have KotOR III!" camp... now I don't give a rats about KotOR III cause TOR is awesome :carms:

Ditto.

I was no way in hell I'll play a MMO camp, but I'm glad someone talked me into it.

Still not a fan of MMOs, but I am a fan of TOR. One of the big things to me when comparing it to KotOR and TSL is I don't have to play as a Jedi. I can be a hawt, green, female Han Solo.

Big deal.

:carms:

e:

I'm only interested in the books. So far I think they've been pretty good.

"The moment passed and the universe began to move again, though everything seemed to be happening in slow motion."

"Revan's head snapped to the side, shock and horror emanating from him even though his mask hid his expression."

"The moment passed and the universe began to move again, though everything seemed to be happening in slow motion."

"Revan's head snapped to the side, shock and horror emanating from him even though his mask hid his expression."

That's worse than Spike's poetry from Buffy the Vampire Slayer... and the poetry was supposed to be bad.

Archived