Home

Best class for K1/TSL continuation?

Weavel

I was wondering what class story gives the best conclusion to the KotOR/TSL/TOR:R storylines? I know there are chuncks of the story available to all the classes, but in terms of feeling like a continuation, which would be the best?

What mav said, b/c I think that one was meant to be played first of all of the stories, based on what I have seen thus far. Without going into spoilers, though, all of them at least touch on the one thing tynig SWTOR in with the kotor games, which was probably the intent as a focal point drawing all the class storylines together. That's about as far as I can go without risking spoilers. Or talking out of my arse becuse I have not played it either, only kept apprised of the whole revan thing.

It'll be the Jedi Knight. One of the last JK companions is a big tie to the Revan novel, as is the final JK boss fight. Won't spoil either, but those facts alone make it a major tie. Plus Drew K. wrote most of the JK story himself, so it has the commonality of the writer.

Every class gets some interaction with the KotOR stuff via the mid-30s flashpoint chains(Taral V/Maelstrom Prison for Reps, Boarding Party/The Foundry for Imps) though. But JK ties strongest.

I am playing the Jedi Knight and it is very interesting as I have played, modded and helped restore KoTOR and KoTOR II for years now and this makes a lot of sense and is a lot of fun. I also collected a lot of pictures and lore about all of the planets from old now long gone sources and it is great to see how well they are following the lore in making the planets tho i have only seen three so far.

Also, the Consular encounters holocron holograms on Coruscant of various Jedi from KotOR and even earlier. Nomi Sunrider(here Nima-Da-Boda due to the Sunrider naming controversy) Arca Jeth from "Tales of the Jedi", Vandar Tokare from KotOR, and a few randoms are in it. I saw it when a friend did it, it made my squeeeee.

Also, the Consular encounters holocron holograms on Coruscant of various Jedi from KotOR and even earlier. Nomi Sunrider(here Nima-Da-Boda due to the Sunrider naming controversy) Arca Jeth from "Tales of the Jedi", Vandar Tokare from KotOR, and a few randoms are in it. I saw it when a friend did it, it made my squeeeee.

Seriously? Im gonna try the consular then. :xp:

If SWTOR were a single player RPG, it would be the Jedi Knight class story. Not that I have played every class story to completion, but it is the most central to the overall story and has a lot of tie backs to KotOR.

Yes like the emperor....[sith Warrior becomes emperors wrath]

Sith Warrior spoiler...

Not only that but the feeling I got was that the events of the Sith Warrior storyline take place after the events of the Jedi Knight story...

Jedi Knight spoiler...

...since there was mention of a Jedi Knight that attacked the Emperor.

The game has dozens of mentions of other classes' companions and various events that could help place them in a timeline. TOR's tvtropes page has a few mentions(JK companion Doc once dated Agent companion Kaliyo, Smuggler companion Risha is childhood friends with SW companion Vette). I'd love to see someone compile these little bits of info to approximate as close to a timeline as we can get. Plus the already mentioned one of the SW story's ending taking place after the JK story ending.

I wonder if they are setting it up so your own two characters face each other? Your Jedi Knight vs your Sith Warrior? Looks to me like that is what they are building towards.

If the republic and empire storylines both eventually fight Malgus, how do they determine which side defeated him? They can't BOTH have happened...or is that flashpoint an optional one?

I thought the flashpoints with Revan were consecutive? The republic rescued him, he is killed at the foundry later by the imperials.

I wonder if they are setting it up so your own two characters face each other? Your Jedi Knight vs your Sith Warrior? Looks to me like that is what they are building towards.

Most likely not.

If the republic and empire storylines both eventually fight Malgus, how do they determine which side defeated him? They can't BOTH have happened...or is that flashpoint an optional one?

This is one of the things that confuses me too.

I thought the flashpoints with Revan were consecutive? The republic rescued him, he is killed at the foundry later by the imperials.

Yes, this is true, however we don't know his true fate at the end of The Foundry. There's a good chance he'll return when more story content is made for the game.

I imagine a canon story for each flashpoint will be determined later, like the canon stuff decided for each KotOR and Jedi Academy. As is, Wookieepedia already assumes all Rep class decisions are Light and all Imp class decisions are Dark(even though I think Agent works just as well as Light, like my own Light side Agent).

The Rep Revan stuff comes before the Empire Revan stuff, and Revan doesn't die. Apparently he vanishes in a flash of light similar to Rakatan teleportation technology, leaving Revan to survive to fight another day.

Most likely not.

Eh? Why not?

All I know is that the SW becomes the new "Emperor's Wrath" and that the emperor informs him/her what happened vs the Jedi Knight. Seems logical to me for this reason, and maybe even a little concern over the whereabouts of the SW's predecessor "Wrath".

Still, I'm open to suggestions where else this matter could go.

This is one of the things that confuses me too.

Any ideas how they'll reconcile it?

Not sure if there is any truth to the wookieepedia page's claim that Malgus "escaped to unknown regions". Still it looks like this isn't the last we've heard from him, either.

Yes, this is true, however we don't know his true fate at the end of The Foundry. There's a good chance he'll return when more story content is made for the game.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
*cough*spoilertags*cough*I just think we're cutting awfully close for those who don't know yet!

One could wish. I can see where you might say that. It is possible Revan snatched knowledge of the "avatar" ability from Emperor Vitiate and is now on the lamb. Certainly would make sense, pressing on Vitiate's mental undercurrent to survive, as the novel said. Who knows what else Revan could have learned over 300 years?

Or Revan actually died and the future content is of him as a force ghost. Simple enough.

Only time will tell.

I imagine a canon story for each flashpoint will be determined later, like the canon stuff decided for each KotOR and Jedi Academy.

Even so the contradiction still exists unless they decide the canonecity of the imperial storylines all stop on Ilum, since the JK *has* to initially stop the emperor. Or they make the False Emperor flashpoint an optional operation for both; last I checked it's a requirement for all classes on both sides.

As is, Wookieepedia already assumes all Rep class decisions are Light and all Imp class decisions are Dark(even though I think Agent works just as well as Light, like my own Light side Agent).

Fatal alliance seemed to go on this for the imp. agent Ula Vii in their story as well actually. Most interesting perspective of that whole story actually. Well, IMO anyways.

The Rep Revan stuff comes before the Empire Revan stuff, and Revan doesn't die. Apparently he vanishes in a flash of light similar to Rakatan teleportation technology, leaving Revan to survive to fight another day.

See above, last spoilertagged reply to Lynk for another possiblity or two.

I've seen videos in the Revan novel spoiler thread down in the KOTOR regions. :D Similar to Emperor Vitiate's avatar if I do say so myself, hint hint.

Eh? Why not?

All I know is that the SW becomes the new "Emperor's Wrath" and that the emperor informs him/her what happened vs the Jedi Knight. Seems logical to me for this reason, and maybe even a little concern over the whereabouts of the SW's predecessor "Wrath".

Still, I'm open to suggestions where else this matter could go.

Think about the kind of game this is, an MMO. They're not going to face one of your own characters with another characters. If this was a single player game on the style of The Force Unleashed where you played two characters on both side of the fence, it would be possible and has happened in similar games where player characters actually do face off at the end. But with TOR, it's never going to happen simply because it's an MMO and the investment people have in their characters would piss A LOT of people off having their two characters fight each other.

Even before that, they'll never have any of your characters meet each other to begin with.

Archived