Home

Mysterious Object Falls From the Sky

Scorge

Read this article.

Some say its a meteor, but maybe its an alien. This happened not far from where I lived. So I wanted to make a thread so you guys can be aware of this. Hmm, but one question is, "Why would an alien come to Connecticut [if it is an alien] why not other places? If it was glowing green and about the size of a whale...It might as well be an alien. This might be a warning to the human race....

(Reason I put this here because it might as well be a serious topic, moderators please move if this is not in the correct forum, Thank You!)

• 9 months later...

sorry for the necro bump :p

just wanted to say something.. Aliens do exist, it is a mathematical impossibility for them not to, i mean we are in existence and we live in a universe that has billions and trillions of galaxies each with trillions and trillions of star systems and each lets say each star system has 4-9 planets in, of course some may not have any and some might have far more and for only one planet to support life in one of the younger solar systems, logic dictates there has to be other planets out there that also support intelligent life. Not saying there are galactic civilisations out there, but it could very much vary from cavemen types to space travelling types.

maybe some beings have stumbled across our back water planet and peaked in, maybe not, no one truly knows, but i do not believe in abductions, especially those cases in the deep south of the usa, out of all humans on the planet, why would a superior race want a local uneducated hick compared to a world leader, a great artist, scientist or writer? would be a ridiculous thing to do surely. And they wouldn't need to take a random person away to experiment, if they are that superior, they would be able t gather any intel with out being noticed.

also, if they did come here, they wouldn't be interested in us, we are relatively unevolved and would be in the stone ages compared to their level of science and technlogy (think of star trek and advanced species only contacting species who learn how to travel faster than light etc).. if they wanted anything from this planet, it would be the most evolved life on this planet, which would be both bacteria and cockroaches.. because they have both evolved to survive almost anything..

and perhaps the reason we all feel alone in the universe is because we are not technologically and mentally evolved enough to be out there and proving whether we are or not.

anyway, rather deep, but there are my 2 cents, as they say.

@Xavier

I think you are right in that it's quite possible that there's life somewhere out there, the fact that we're here is a good sign it's possible elsewhere.

I personally put no stock in the aliens among us theories.

It's a pity that we're so far off proper space flight. Maybe many centuries down the line we'll get out there and start expanding our knowledge of our surroundings.

just wanted to say something.. Aliens do exist, it is a mathematical impossibility for them not to, i mean we are in existence and we live in a universe that has billions and trillions of galaxies each with trillions and trillions of star systems and each lets say each star system has 4-9 planets in, of course some may not have any and some might have far more and for only one planet to support life in one of the younger solar systems, logic dictates there has to be other planets out there that also support intelligent life. Not saying there are galactic civilisations out there, but it could very much vary from cavemen types to space travelling types.

maybe some beings have stumbled across our back water planet and peaked in, maybe not, no one truly knows, but i do not believe in abductions, especially those cases in the deep south of the usa, out of all humans on the planet, why would a superior race want a local uneducated hick compared to a world leader, a great artist, scientist or writer? would be a ridiculous thing to do surely. And they wouldn't need to take a random person away to experiment, if they are that superior, they would be able t gather any intel with out being noticed.

also, if they did come here, they wouldn't be interested in us, we are relatively unevolved and would be in the stone ages compared to their level of science and technlogy (think of star trek and advanced species only contacting species who learn how to travel faster than light etc).. if they wanted anything from this planet, it would be the most evolved life on this planet, which would be both bacteria and cockroaches.. because they have both evolved to survive almost anything..

and perhaps the reason we all feel alone in the universe is because we are not technologically and mentally evolved enough to be out there and proving whether we are or not.

Once again, you reveal what a prejudiced person you are. :roleyess:

Keep going, genius...

Shows how much you know about the subject. First off, we study less advanced civilizations all the time. We study primates. If we were sufficiently advanced, we would enjoy studying another society to see if their advancement mirrors ours. Not to mention, WE are the most advanced species on the planet. We don't adapt to our environment, we adapt our environment to us. We constantly evolve intellectually. We've evolved to the point where our machines can do the exploration for us.

And your crack about the south... well... A number of people who have seen, or been abducted by(or rather, claim to be, as we cannot be sure), aliens come from "intellectual" areas as well. Think about it. If you want to study a species with as little impact as possible, you do not go and step in the ant hill, you collect the ants from the outer edges...

why would a superior race want a local uneducated hick compared to a world leader,

George-Bush-who-claimed-t-006.jpg

I would rather go with a hick from the deep south. :xp:

You are the one that needs to travel and figure out what you are talking about. You have no clue about the south outside of hick reality shows and other fictional media.

*dusts off and wafts in*

...Sees it's threadcromancy...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

1429754-1253930_this_thread_again_super_super.jpg

<snip>

I like how he dismisses abductions on the one hand, but on the other presumes all sorts of things about what aliens think, as if wide sampling has never occurred to presumably more intelligent extra terrestrials.

tumblr_lgfap9JxHk1qehfnho1_500.jpg

5)????????

6) PROFIT!

Keep it real, yo!!!

/thread

You are the one that needs to travel and figure out what you are talking about. You have no clue about the south outside of hick reality shows and other fictional media.

But it's so much easier to make assumptions without leaving the comfort of the interweb.

Seriously... I grew up in the south. I've even been to some places where you are more likely to find a Jaguar on mud tires than a TV, cell phone, or any device connected with the internet. And quite frankly the people there are intelligent, but maybe not book educated. Education prepares you for the city. It looks good on a resume. It doesn't do much good out where people don't check your history. It doesn't mean you'll be a better hunter.

logic dictates there has to be other planets out there that also support intelligent life.

That depends entirely on what would be classed as 'intelligent' life. Personally, I'm not convinced that there's enough of it on this planet, let alone out there.

Perhaps a knowledge of human anatomy? And if they are the dumb, uneducated hicks of your example, it would give 'them' a good escape clause. No-one would take them seriously. Abduct and experiment on a Professor, author or world leader, however, and people might start paying attention when they claim to have been abducted.

This planet is screaming for attention. With all the radio waves and satellites we project into space I certainly wouldn't be surprised if our neighbours came to investigate who was making the racket.

And I wouldn't use Star Trek as a basis for comparison with real-life extra terrestrials. It's a nice idea, but the assumption that whatever is out there is benevolent is frankly a little naive.

And I wouldn't use Star Trek as a basis for comparison with real-life extra terrestrials. It's a nice idea, but the assumption that whatever is out there is benevolent is frankly a little naive.

What? I would think the other sufficiently advanced beings would be benevolent just like the Europeans when they came to the New World... Oh wait....

Archived