Home

Force Unleashed 3 Not dead after all?

justin8821

I hope this is true. The 3rd game needs to be more like the first one. This is a grain of salt news so hopefully more news will come from E3

I agree. I was disappointed in the 2nd game. The storyline wasn't great and their challenge mode wasn't constructed very well. They needed to model that more like how Rocksteady Studios did the Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

This was a screen cap from Sams offical facebook page. The last we heard of the game that is was scrapped last year. Seems like thats not the case.

Nothing new there. He had already said in the past that the only solution is to write LucasArts about the game. And if people need to write about it to LucasArts, that's because they are not considering making it in the near future.

Nothing new there. He had already said in the past that the only solution is to write LucasArts about the game. And if people need to write about it to LucasArts, that's because they are not considering making it in the near future.

Pretty much what I was thinking. He just sounds like someone looking for a job. Besides he's an actor. He needs to make some buzz around himself from time to time.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed III would probably have Starkiller facing off against the Dark Apprentice, who appears to be canon (Vader told the DA to intervene if needed, but since Vader's life wasn't in danger, he remained cloaked and withdrew)

I'm guessing Boba Fett somehow manages to cause a distraction that causes Vader to escape and Starkiller gets sidetracked by the Dark Apprentice, who probably kills Kota, and maybe Juno, causing Starkiller to duel the DA to the death, and they probably end up killing each other

I really hope they keep the Rage/Fury meter, that was a fun tactic

• 2 weeks later...

The Dark Apprentice's existence is definitely canon. We've had this discussion before, where I spelled out that it is the only logical opinion. And yes, I would love for him to the the villain in the third installment.

And yes, I feel a third installment is a necessity. We have Vader in captivity, and Starkiller's very existence, especially him being a part of the Rebel Alliance, will become problematic by the time of A New Hope. If we don't get a third game, I hope that at least Del Ray or Dark Horse would develop a story in written form simply for closure; but that avenue would not have as much impact as a new game would.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see how the events of the third installment of this series unfold. I personally would like to know what fate is in store for Kota. He expressed an unusual wish for Vader to be executed. Vader will invariably escape and I can imagine Starkiller and Kota going against him together. One will perish by Vader´s hand, most likely Kota and somehow Starkiller will either dissappear or die in yet another heoric attempt.

Whatever they decide, they have to plan this new venture carefully. A rush job has never become any great Star Wars game.

• 4 weeks later...

With the announcement of 1313, its hard to see TFU3 being made anytime soon. While I'm not the biggest fan of the TFU games, I would like to see the story brought to a conclusion. My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....

I just hope they don't completely scrap it like they did the KOTOR series. The story has taken a turn which could set up an interesting conclusion. TFU has spawned some pretty likable characters and I would like to see what they end up doing with them.

My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....

Agreed. In fact, the only major complaint I have with the second game is just the lack of features on the PC version when compared to the consoles.

The last thing on your list there is precisely why there needs to be a third installment. The story needs to be resolved. (And before you say you can write it off as uncanonical, while it is true that an individual is certainly free to do this, the game is still accepted as canon and therefore needs a resolution in some form, whether it be a new game, a comic, etc.)

Gonna disagree about the gameplay, however: I thought these games were very fun to play. Agreed about the crappy story and characters, though.

Meh, I could take it or leave it. It is kinda-sorta like an expanded gameplay version of Jedi Knight. It has its fun points and its flaws.

Dip**** anime gameplay,

Curious if I may go off topic for the moment, I've always wanted to ask: What exactly is your chief criticism about anime?

• 2 weeks later...
With the announcement of 1313, its hard to see TFU3 being made anytime soon. While I'm not the biggest fan of the TFU games, I would like to see the story brought to a conclusion. My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....

I just hope they don't completely scrap it like they did the KOTOR series. The story has taken a turn which could set up an interesting conclusion. TFU has spawned some pretty likable characters and I would like to see what they end up doing with them.

as soon as 1313 was announced, the chance for a TFU3 went farther adn farther down the tubes. Now that they have opened up a new game, as well as continued development on The Old Republic, i doubt TFU3 will ever see the light of day. Don't get me wrong, i am hoping like hell that they bring Starkillers story to a close, but i hope the same thing about Republic Commando 2, and the likelihood of that, is next to nil

Leave it to LucasArts these days to develop a decent stand-alone game, whose protagonist dies in the end, leaving no possibilities for sequels, and then go and make a sequel (which, in my opinion, was pretty great gameplay-wise) with the most ridiculous excuse for bringing a dead character back from the dead, and leave us with an unresolved cliffhanger ending with no intention of ever tying up the loose ends. That's LucasArts these days.

Why the hell don't they simply release more DLC to keep the story going? Even light side (canonical) DLC would be pretty cool.

They are working on another project besides 1313. I believe it to be Battlefront III, but it could very well be TFU III aswell.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know there is a second project? That would be great news. You'd think the folks at Lucasarts are the only people in the community who don't know of the demand for SWBF3...

Archived