Home

Force Unleashed 3 Not dead after all?

justin8821

I believe it was Gamespot or IGN. I'll have to find the link.

Still, the press release of the game corroborates that when they say: "We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing (...)".

You'd think the folks at Lucasarts are the only people in the community who don't know of the demand for SWBF3...

Well, they are aware of the demand. So much so that they were already making it until it was cancelled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, much longer. I liked the game itself. It had a bunch of new, interesting droids to fight, characters that we didn't expect, but even though they had a small part, they were still significant to the people that cared (obviously Yoda and the Fett). But more variety in the levels, and more of them. Yes the first one had Felucia twice, and Raxus Prime twice, but they were different mood to the world, and different ways the world reacted to your presence. If i can spend half a Star Wars game on Cato Neimoidia, i am being left wanting.

Just to be honest on this.

I think lucas lost out, when he didn't pay attention to what the ppl wanted to see in the Star Wars, an even Indiana Jones & other games, movies, series etc.

Id love to see a TFU3.

As it did leave the story hanging in the balance.

But Lucas has done this to himself, an so we get disney, which has done many yrs of animated movies, amongst other things taking over.

in regards to disney games, majority of them centered are centered towards kids 2yrs an older.

Are we sure we really want them working on a game that does have medium violence, an tinkerbell easter eggs.

They don't. Disney is not very good on the videogame department. Besides, their plans for LucasArts is to do mobile and social games.

I heard that about Disneys plans, mobile games and little crap like that. Not exactly my choice of platforms to take star wars, but i guess that is where the money is.

Has Disney put out any decent games? There was some hype about epic mickey when it came out, but i haven't heard of anything else.

I guess hopes and dreams don't pay to have games made.

• 2 weeks later...

TFU has some things in common with JK, but I don't really think it's adequate to say it's the same, anymore than Battlefront is similar to JK, or Republic Commando is similar.

Throwing people around with the Force in TFU/2 kind of reminds me of throwing people around with the Force in JK2/JKA but that's about it. Force Unleashed games to me feel a lot more scripted (and not just the QTE sequences), even though the primary "fun" in it are the destructable environments. Whereas JK has always been an FPS series with detailed melee combat (and let's face it, TFU's melee combat is pretty basic in comparison, though some might disagree when it comes to the Wii versions).

As far as the whole portable thing goes, I don't see why they can't port a game to the PC. I mean, you can play it on your laptop, right? But I'm not too thrilled about the dumbed down games that appear on smartphones and stuff (with the controls taking up half the screen, or looking like a flash game). Granted, there are tons of such games now and they've improved over the years, but still. Imagine a smart phone game where you wipe your fingers across the screen constantly to swing your lightsaber. Kinda fun for 5 minutes, but not worth an entire multi-hour campaign. The other type of game you're likely to see is a Super Star Wars type of trilogy with the buttons on the physical screen stuff. The PS Vita and the 3DS are still limited by the touch screen/ps2 style controller gameplay, which might work okay for TFU style games, so I could see that, but they don't work as well for FPS games, unless you do auto-aim and stuff like that.

The need to come up with some other options. The gaming market has moved steadily towards console gaming and towards a younger demographic in one area and the casual gamer market in another. There's still some in the middle, so I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Hopefully they throw us a bone before too long, though. There's money to be made off us, while we still have some.

• 1 month later...
I heard that about Disneys plans, mobile games and little crap like that. Not exactly my choice of platforms to take star wars, but i guess that is where the money is.

Has Disney put out any decent games? There was some hype about epic mickey when it came out, but i haven't heard of anything else.

I guess hopes and dreams don't pay to have games made.

Kingdom Hearts is a prime example of the potential that lies with Disney. Square Enix worked along side them, so from that we can assume many decent games will be released IF they work with the right companies.

"We're likely to focus more on social and mobile than we are on console. We'll look opportunistically at console, mostly likely at licensing rather than publishing. But we think that given the nature of these characters and how well known they are and the storytelling that they lend themselves quite nicely as they've already demonstrated to the other platforms."

– Bob Iger. Chairman & CEO, The Walt Disney Company

Source (Page 16)

Kingdom Hearts is a prime example of the potential that lies with Disney. Square Enix worked along side them, so from that we can assume many decent games will be released IF they work with the right companies.

I will agree with Square Enix, Hitman Absolution is amazing, and a completely innovative and different styled game than those before it. I applaud Square Enix for where they took Hitman, and i would be excited to see what they could do with something like Star Wars. However, Disney doesn't have to use them. they could do it all in house, and remove outside creativity from the process. It will be interesting to see what happens, but i guess no one can really say what will happen with any games, including 1313, until we see what Disney is capable of with an franchise like Star Wars. But like many giant corporations, they are capable of incalculable good, and unfathomable evil.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont see the tfu3 happening anytime soon at all,with 1313 being lucas arts next big thing.and i have to say from what im seeing online the pics&trailers look sick indeed:)ilove the whole idea of exploring the underbelly of the republic capital.this game looks at last truly dark&interesting....but realy do hope they think of atleat attempting a 3rd tfu,as i really injoyed the 1st two although the 1st was much better.something else i wish they would have done with the two games and pray the y do if they make a 3rd one is have a mode where you have proxy change into anyone character you choses to fight one on one with harder settings as your choice.

Well, like I've been saying, the biggest problem with The Force Unleashed II is that it leaves a giant whole in the continuity that needs to be resolved, preferably with a third game. But now with what's happening with The Clone Wars, and will most likely be continued with the new films and TV show, Star Wars canon is probably about to be torn to shreds anyway.

• 5 months later...

Archived