Home

Windows 8 Editions Announced

Ferc Kast

Which Windows 8 Edition will you get?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Windows 8 Edition will you get?

• Windows 8
    • Windows 8 Pro
    • Windows RT (i.e. getting 1+ ARM-based Windows 8 devices)
    • Undecided yet
    • None; I'm sticking with my current OS.

Yesterday, the Windows 8 editions were officially announced. :haw: This time, similar to Windows XP, there will be 3 main editions: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows RT (pre-installed on ARM-based devices). Which edition(s) will you get? See the below link for more details on which features will be included in each edition.

Link: Click here

I'll end up getting a laptop with Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT on a tablet... I hope some really good ones are released before Uni starts next yeah... I at least want to get myself a new Windows 8 laptop before uni starts in 2013...

As for my main desktop at home... yeah, since I'll have a Windows 8 laptop and tablet, it only seems natural for me to upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro too to take full advantage of having all three devices as Windows 8 systems.

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the bump and DP, but I thought that some here would find this interesting.

MS is going to offer an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro to just about anyone in the US, including you crazy XP users, for $40. Note that Windows 8 Pro is the top-of-the-line version of Windows 8, equivalent to the ultimate versions of Vista and 7, making this a hell of a bargain that I'll probably be taking advantage of. This is download-only (but you can make your own disk); the disk version will be $70.

MS could very well make a similar offer outside of the US as well, so those of you who do not reside in the Great Republic Experiment might be able to get in on this, too.

Which edition(s) will you get?

Pro, because that's how I roll.

Sorry about the bump and DP, but I thought that some here would find this interesting.

MS is going to offer an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro to just about anyone in the US, including you crazy XP users, for $40. Note that Windows 8 Pro is the top-of-the-line version of Windows 8, equivalent to the ultimate versions of Vista and 7, making this a hell of a bargain that I'll probably be taking advantage of. This is download-only (but you can make your own disk); the disk version will be $70.

MS could very well make a similar offer outside of the US as well, so those of you who do not reside in the Great Republic Experiment might be able to get in on this, too.

Hnn, I doubt such a promo will come to NZ, but if it does, I'll probably jump on. But whether I'll actually start using 8 then remains undecided. I'll have to check it's general compatibility with existing software and whatnot.

Archived