Home

making your own saber style

Khyridan

Is there a chance to find a mod that allows saber staff and dual sabers to use all of the moves in their single-blade forms? (cartwheels, katas and so on). In other words is there a mod able to erase the limitations that dual sabers and saber staff impose over their corresponding singlebladestyles? if yes, where could I find it?

If such mod doesn't exist, is there someone good hearted that could do it for me? I'd really like to do it myself but I'm not familiar with this code and, sadly, I have too little time for it...

Thank you in advance

Khyridan

Is there a chance to find a mod that allows saber staff and dual sabers to use all of the moves in their single-blade forms? (cartwheels, katas and so on). In other words is there a mod able to erase the limitations that dual sabers and saber staff impose over their corresponding singlebladestyles? if yes, where could I find it?

If such mod doesn't exist, is there someone good hearted that could do it for me? I'd really like to do it myself but I'm not familiar with this code and, sadly, I have too little time for it...

Thank you in advance

Khyridan

i dont believe what youre asking for is possible.

im guessing what you mean is that you want, for example, to be able to use the force to spin your single lightsaber around you, when you have dual sabers enabled but only one of them is active? or if you have a saber staff but only one side of it is open, you want to be able to perform the staff kata?

im not sure thats possible, but what IS possible is a simple animation change that would allow you to use dual saber animations when you only have a single saber enabled. for example, when you only have a single saber, the animation change would allow your kata to throw the saber and have it spin around you, like the dual kata.

the thing is, you would have to choose one or the other: staff or dual. that way, if you changed the single saber kata to a staff kata animation, then whenever you have dual sabers and you "put one away" so youre only using a single saber, you would perform staff katas with that single saber.

i dont believe its possible to do what youre asking, because that would require changing the single saber animations to dual for dual sabers, and to staff for saber staffs. what is possible is changing the single saber animations to one or the other.

the most i could do in the way of a mod is make two separate pk3s for you, one of them changing single saber animations to staff animations, and the other changing single saber animation to dual animations. you would have to pick one at a time to use though, they wouldnt work together.

actually I expressed myself really bad, sorry for the confusion, I reformulate my sentences:

when I use the saber staff and switch off one blades I automatically use single blade medium/yellow style. On the other hand, when I have dual sabers and switch one of them off I automatically use single blade fast/blue style. All of this is fine with me, I don’t want to use staff style or dual style on a single blade! My only problem is that the medium/yellow style resulting from turning of one of the staff’s blades and the fast/blue style resulting from turning of one of the two sabers lack of katas, cartwheels and special moves.

For example, if you use yellow style with a single saber you get to perform a nice kata hoding attack1+attack2 or you get to perform a cartwheel pushing jump+left+attack1, on the other hand, the same yellow style, when applied on the staff with one of the blades off doesn’t give you the chance to perform anything of it.

In other words, both the yellow style on the staff and blue style on the dual sabers haven't their special moves enabled, I think that the solution of the problem is inside the .dll files: “jamp6gamex86.dll”, “cgamex86.dll” and “uix86.dll”. I think so because I found a mod that alters the styles of the single saber, this mod allows the player that chooses the single saber to cycle through 5 different styles, namely: fast, tavion, medium, dessan and strong styles.

This particular mod had, inside the .pk3 file its own .dll files so I realized that the configuration of the different styles and the moves that are enabled must be inside these files that I can’t access. I think that the description and the coding of each style is inside the .dll files and there you can find the option to enable all of the moves that are missing from the medium style once it’s applied as secondary style on a staff.

Thank you again for listening to me

Cheers

Khyridan

hmm, well i dont know much about editing .dll files, sorry. but i do know that its possible to make

"a mod that alters the styles of the single saber, this mod allows the player that chooses the single saber to cycle through 5 different styles, namely: fast, tavion, medium, dessan and strong styles"
just by editing the .sab files in the assets.

so if thats possible, im sure there are simple ways of modifying the assets to get the effect you want. i, however, do not know how exactly to do what youre asking.

if it DOES require a change to the .dll, i cant help you, sorry. if it requires a code change, it wont be possible for singleplayer, because we only have the multiplayer source code.

sorry i couldnt be of more help, but there are a lot of knowledgable people on these forums who know a lot more than i do. im sure someone will help you out.

What you posted I already know... I have already tried and belive me, it doesn't work:

"//done in both cgame and game (BG code)

kataMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they press both attack buttons at the same time (see list below for valid values)

lungeAtkMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they crouch+fwd+attack (see list below for valid values)

jumpAtkUpMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they jump+attack (see list below for valid values)

jumpAtkFwdMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they jump+fwd+attack (see list below for valid values)

jumpAtkBackMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they jump+back+attack (see list below for valid values)

jumpAtkRightMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they jump+rightattack (see list below for valid values)

jumpAtkLeftMove 0 - if set, player will execute this move when they jump+left+attack (see list below for valid values)

//NOTE: these "move" fields refer to saber moves that are defined in code. Set to LS_NONE to have the normal move removed, set to one of the following values to override the current move

..."

doesn't work when I turn off one blade of the staff: I still can't use the medium/yellow style kata even if I introduce the line "kataMove LS_A2_SPECIAL" inside the dual_1.sab, dual_2.sab, dual_3.sab, dual_4.sab and dual_5.sab files of the ext_data/saber folder

moreover as there is not any "two sabers .sab file" I can't input anything inside a simple .sab file to enable the missing moves in the blue/fast style obtained from turning off one saber of the dual sabers...

I have seen that mods that try to change styles' cycling and enable new stances always has new .dll files inside their .pk3 packs and I think the solution might be inside of these .dll files.

sorry man, but if I'm posting is because the answer is not as simple as you might think... I know that doing a code mod would allow to use the changes just in the multyplayer games but at least something is something :D

thank you anyway for your help. Do you know someone that could help me with this problem?

cheers

Khyridan

• 2 weeks later...
usually you gotta wait a while, some people frequent these forums every few weeks, some even months. you gotta be patient if you want good help.

my only other suggestion is to visit filefront forums. they get a little more traffic than LF; thyere a little busier, but you can probably find the same people there.

Thank you man, I did it :D ( but nothing came up :( yet)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As far as i understand you want what sometimes duel wielding and staf wielding npc's do.I have seen duel wielding npc's attack and altattack like a single fast style.I even think that they hold both lightsabers in the right hand when they do that.But with all single blade styles i take it?It would be awesome.:thmbup1:

Archived