Bioware Banned me for what??

Xarwarz

Suggestions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Suggestions

• Reslove with EA/BIOWARE
    • Resolve with Lawyer

ISSUE RESOLVED---ACCOUNT REACTIVATED

We have now completed our investigation into your complaint. After reviewing your case, we can see that your concerns are valid and justified. We will take great care to ensure that this does not occur again in the future. As a goodwill gesture, we have added 2 days of complementary game time to your account.

Thank you for your diligence in bringing this matter to our attention. As a valued customer, your feedback is very important to us.

Yours sincerely,

Robin

Star Wars: The Old Republic Terms of Service

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well too all who believed me thanks for input

---------------------------------------------------------------

So i go to log into tor today and i noticed at the top of the launcher it say account closed. So i check my email and i find this letter. I was like WTF are they talking about violation of selling accounts and other stuff.

Note: had i really done this i wouldn't be on her letting everyone know but i paid money for the disk. Been playing since it came out i have all characters on one server 3 more on another. Spent long hours leveling up and now all that is deleted cause they accuse me of what ever there talking about.

Need advice on how this can be resolved

Dear Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your account for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We wish to notify you that you have carried out a serious violation of our Terms of Service and upon a full investigation of your account we have determined that your character has carried out the following violation:

Intention to buy, sell, or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) an Account or game characters, items, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by BioWare or our licensors without first obtaining our express written permission.

Due to the nature of this violation of our Terms of Service we are left with no option other than to close your account. We are permanently closing your account with immediate effect.

Please note that your account will no longer be billed and we have removed your credit card information.

Should you wish to review our Terms of Service they can be found here

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

If you feel you have received this ‘account closure’ notice in error, please contact us at swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com.

Sincerely,

Star Wars: The Old Republic Terms of Service

Simply contact bioware-email and see if there is a way to get hold of customer support and see if they have a phone number for this. It never hurts to drop during the conversation tangent while you are trying to find out this stuff--mention you have an uncle who is a lawyer,..

It's a mistake and they just need to fix it

I would try with BioWare first, then if that didn't work, then may go with a lawyer. Most likely I would just quit playing BioWare/EA games after asking for my money back.

Yea id like money back.. while it angers me but as long as mass effect is under the bioware logo i cant quit playing that one.

Simply contact bioware-email and see if there is a way to get hold of customer support and see if they have a phone number for this. It never hurts to drop during the conversation tangent while you are trying to find out this stuff--mention you have an uncle who is a lawyer,..

It's a mistake and they just need to fix it

Yea need to talk to someone directly to explain it clearly.

Was your account hacked? I imagine when the credit sites steal accounts, they do the WoW methodology and clean the account out and then make level 1s to send credit spam. Was your account password changed or anything? They could've banned just to be safe, with you contacting after to get it restored.

Or maybe I'm misinterpreting their wording in their e-mail to you. Either way, contact them, find out what exactly they found in your account, and show them it was a misunderstanding.

*edit*

And by the way, you can't lawyer up for any of this. Read the TOS/EULA. They're allowed to ban you at any time. Nothing they did violates the law. So the poll seems a tad strong.

*edit*

And by the way, you can't lawyer up for any of this. Read the TOS/EULA. They're allowed to ban you at any time. Nothing they did violates the law. So the poll seems a tad strong.

That and most lawyers would cost at bit more than buying a new copy of the game and making a new account.

Sue them for every single penny they've got, or settle on the condition that they make a KOTOR III....just kidding

But seriously email Bioware explaining your end of the situation - seems like the matter hasn't been fully investigated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was trying to make a modding platform for TOR? Could the two be related?

Id never try to mod an online game... i have more sense than that it was a thought as all... bioware may support modding in the distant future

It's great that your account was reactivated, but...

Id never try to mod an online game... i have more sense than that it was a thought as all... bioware may support modding in the distant future

You did create a thread here titled 'TOR Extraction Tool' (which we have deleted as a precaution), that provided a link to a tool for extracting and reading the files, and also provided a list explaining the various file types. And before you say 'I didn't create either of them', that's irrelevant - you shared links to and explained how to access files which, under the terms of the game's EULA, aren't meant to be accessed - obviously that wasn't the reason your account was banned if it's been reactivated, but be mindful of the risk of posting about such things in future.

The extraction tool sounds interesting. People had one for SWG to read/listen to the TRE files(and modify if they wanted, which I once did with combat music for the heck of it). I'd love to be able to listen to some of the TOR music not on the OSTs that are in the game files.

But that's neither here nor there, and gets off the subject at hand. :p

Archived