Home

Let's Kill Something as a Guild.

I know I am late to the party, but I'd like to try something like this. My Jedi Knight is only in the low 20's though. Does that put me out this go around? I just finished Taris and was about to hit Nar Shaddaa.

If nothing else, I'd like to do some of the Taris group missions with a couple people...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prime you can definitely make the first two, provided they are not already dead and I will personally walk you in to the one on Nar Shaddaa if you want to give it a try. It is in the bonus area, so the regular mobs in that area are around 30, but if you stay a little behind me I can get you in with no problem.

After that it would be difficult without a speeder.

Right now Prime's toon is lv23... which means he'll only be able to do the first two world bosses on Coruscant and Taris. He'd never be able to do the ones on Tatooine which is lv30 and on Nar Shaddaa which is lv32 (remember, we're doing the Tatooine one before the Nar Shaddaa one).

The reason for this is because, as you said, it takes a hell of a lot of effort to get people to these points in the game if they haven't already been there... and the second point is that once they get there, the person will be too low a level to really do anything.

All of their attacks will miss and a single aoe will most likely take them out.

So yeah, when it comes down to it, there's going to have to be limits placed, not only for those practical concerns but also because I'd rather not spoil worlds for some folks who haven't made it to those worlds through the natural progression of their toons quest line...

...unless they REALLY want to go I guess. If you really want to try and take your toon as far as possible we can try, but it'll be extremely difficult with no speeder points and being completely out-levelled by everything around you to the point where one or two shots and you're down no matter what you do.

...unless they REALLY want to go I guess. If you really want to try and take your toon as far as possible we can try, but it'll be extremely difficult with no speeder points and being completely out-levelled by everything around you to the point where one or two shots and you're down no matter what you do.

Thus the I said if he really wanted to try it. :) I just figured he could be more of a spectator there because not only is it a level 30 area, but it is also a Heroic area. If he really wants to go I will walk him in. I believe all of the pads are open on Nar Shadda and it is an area that most people never see unless the go kill the World Boss or remember to go back to Nar Shadda after completing the main planet quest once they reach 30 to do the bonus quest. Brem only saw it when you, mav, Jeff and Kus took her to kill the WB, Manta went there long after 30 for a companion quest, my agent has never been there, so Leyn’a, my 4th forth toon to reach that level, is the only one that went back to do the bonus mission and that was only because we went back to do mine and your class/companion quests and I saw the quest with Manta.

However Prime, Lynk is right, you fight you die, but I would still be happy to get you (and anyone else) there if you wanted to go and watch. Everything but the world boss is a one or two hits for me in that area and I do have a way to stealth you for 15 seconds while I walk you past stuff and if something happen and you do die, I have no cooldowns on my out of combat resurrect. So getting you in would not be a problem, but you would be there as a spectator.

Alright here is the battle plan. (subject to change)

1. Couscant –SD-0 --Level 18 – Area :Old Galactic Market (around 2553, 999). If anyone hasn’t seen this one, they are most likely still on the starter world.

2. Taris – Subject Alpha – Level 18 – Area: Brell Sidiment (around -430, 790)

3. Tatooine – Trapjaw – Level 30 – Area: The Dune Sea (around -1772, 410) If you get there before us and you see something suspicions to click on…don’t. :xp:

4. Nar Shaddaa – Battledrooid R4-GL Level 32 –Area: High Security Lockdown (2040, -1570)

5. Alderaan – Ulgo Siegebreaker—Level 35 – Area: No clue **will find out tonight** (300,-200)

6. Quesh – Rogue Cartel Warbot – Level 38 – Same area as the Republic Port (300,200)

7. Hoth – Snowblind – Level 44 (400, 1100)

8. Hoth – Gargath – Level 49 Area: Gargaths Watch (-2000, 500)

9. Belsavis _ The Primal Destroyer –Level 50 (this may be a tad out of our reach).

Not really sure how many we will get to, but if you have a speeder, been to that planet , are level appropriate and have the time, we can at get past number 6 with little difficulty. The main problem will be time and if the bosses have already been killed. 7, 8, and definitely 9 will be pushing it with the number of people we have at the appropriate level now.

We will definitely do this again and pick a time that will be better for those that couldn’t make it today. Picked this time because it was good for Mitiades, Lynk and I since we were the first three involved. May be make it next time in two phases; phase one for lower levels and the higher levels that want to go and phase 2: for those just after the speeder achievement.

Also thinking about doing a datacron run, where we get everyone all the datacrons, they missed or couldn’t find up to their level planet. It may make it easier to go with Lynk (Lynk the person and not the toon) who has already gotten them all. I could also take brem to provide heals for the mobs running around. Let me know if this interests anyone. Also once we get enough to 50 we have to do the level 50 +10 datacron as guild. Lynk, Mav, Jeff and I have it, but we can take one of our alts.

I would like to thank everyone that showed up, it was exactly what I wanted and for those that didn’t I hope you can come next time. So start leveling so you can join for them all.

Mav taught me too well; here are my pics, but I don't have names on them.

picture.php?albumid=686&pictureid=9094

picture.php?albumid=686&pictureid=9093

picture.php?albumid=686&pictureid=9092

Prime anytime you want to do them, just yell. Mav says any level 50 could tank those two, so Brem would go. Hopefully Lynk is around because I would feel better about your toon's safety with a real Tank or perhaps we could talk Miltiades or Mav into Tanking for us.

But yeah, we will do it again soon if enough people are interested. Also not going to speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure Lynk or I would go 90% of the time if you catch us on and free, so just yell (pretty sure the others would too, but don't want to volunterer anyone, but Lynk).

Personally I would like to see us do something as a guild at least once a month, but that could just be me.

Thanks for organising this, Mim. I had a blast!

And I think the pictures are fine. My only complaint is that my toon obviously needs to go on a diet and quit listening to Corso Riggs when she asks, "Do I look fat in this?" He's obviously lying when he tells her 'no'. :)

Thanks for organising this, Mim. I had a blast!

Most of the thanks should go to Lynk. I came up with the idea, but was waiting for input before setting a date/time, Lynk was the one that had me just pick a time. I also came up with the idea of putting alts at the location so we didn't waste a trip, but it was Lynk that organized who to put where and got Mitiades to put a toon at a Hoth WB in case we got there. Thank you Mitiades.

Also thanks to Lynk, Jeff and Mav for coming and more important helping me get Brem to 50 and beyond. Without Lynk and Mav especially, she either would not be a healer or level 50 still stuck in a class quest on Tatooine. :xp:

I’m so disorganized I forgot the punch and cookies. :D Maybe next time...

Well if anyone has any ideas on something we can do as a group besides WBs, post them and I'm more than willing to go and help in any way possible. Also everyone get to 50 and we have more options on what we can do as a group. :)

Oh hey, Hawkeye, glad you made it here. And I agree, more of this! :D

Well I was going to ask Lynk to post the photos on Twilight, but figured it be quicker to visit here. I just wish the reg was quicker then 20 minutes.:headbump

Overall I think we could do WB twice a month at the same time we had set up for the last one, such as once a forthnight, Once as Carpets and then we do the next one as Meatbags to give it rotation.

There are Heroic areas... Which we could set up days on certain days of the week. But kinda of more relaxed if three out of five online turn up kinda of set up. It would be nice to have some team mates to work with, Maybe open it up if there are slots to other helps gets new members?

Problem on the Meatbag side is the lack of Tanks and Healers, everyone is pretty much DPS. I'm guessing I'm going to have to respec my Agent to a healer, but not doing that until I finish the story section. Right now my agent has been setting on Hoth forever....I hate Hoth. Have a story ops Thursday, but after that I will get back to work on her. I don't think we want to tackle even the mid-leveled boss without either a healer or a tank. The only Tank listed in the guild other than DP is my Sith Inquisitor Assassin and even she is DPS right now. Also don't think I can heal and tank at the same time.:xp:

Jeff's a Powertech tank and Mav's a Sorceror healer on the IMB side. Their toons are mid-30s at the moment.[/QUOte] Missed Jeff's, but the IM thread is wrong about Mav's then... Should have known not to trust it....:xp:

Healing is boring as ****, I don't know how you do it.

- :data:

Heal with more gusto, yah! *cracks whip*

@Mav try going through 99.999% of the game solo as a healer with a tank companion...

One of my favorite things about being a healer is the praise....:xp: In Ops the only time I remember someone publicly praising me was during the puzzle phase (usual people use whisper to say thanks for some unknown reason). Every time I healed someone during the puzzle I would draw aggro from everyone and end up getting stun. Well I forgot my place and we wiped. Next time they told me to just worry about the puzzle and maybe throw out heal here and there if necessary. Well I finished the puzzle and hit Angelic with a huge heal with about 1% or 2% health. Seijin yelled great save, but it really wasn’t. It was just luck that I finished the puzzle fast enough, because I wasn’t going to screw it up for a second time. So about the only time I get praise is when I make a mistake. Healers also get yelled at when they do everything right. Someone stands in lava or AOE and then blames the healer for dying. Sorry if you are not the Tank, move because when a huge AOE is happening I’m moving and then I’m going to be throwing the big stuff at the tank, you can move just like me….

Don’t even get me started about the guy running through and standing in the lava. Yes, your armor is great on your main toon, maybe the best in the game, but that does not protect your under equipped alt from lava. Get your butt on the rocks with everyone else because I’m throwing out a AOE heal for the group and then hitting the tank with a big one before the boss starts pounding on him/her again. Then if you are still alive, I will hit you with a heal, if not then tough, I’m not using in combat revive on you just so you can do the same thing when we move to the next rock.

Sorry for the vent, but DPS could make things so much easier on healers just by not being stupid and taking unnecessary damage. Yes, your companion healer was better than me, but it may have something to do with them only healing you and not 7 more people at the same time. Oh, and we know, I may not be able to describe what the boss looks like, but I can tell you who ran through the lava or stood there in AOE, when someone takes a lot of damage fast we know. I stop what I’m doing and hit them with a heal as I quickly get that person in my sights while hitting the next heal trying to see if I can stun whatever is damaging the person. So we know…

Jeff's too lazy to update it :p
I would update that thread if I could, but I don't want the responsibility that comes with being capable of updating that thread :xp:

@Mav try going through 99.999% of the game solo as a healer with a tank companion...
There is a reason my alt is leveling with Jeff and Kus.

- :data:

Archived