Home

Star Wars: The Darkness Within

"It's only a few kilometers away. At the most, I'm expecting an entire base. At the least, a small outpost. I think a specific person is blocking out the signal - most definitely a Dark Jedi, but I'm not sure."

"Fine, lets go see what it is, and if possible, eliminate it."

Corsail holstered the blaster he was holding and followed Varik out of the outpost. He looked over at his speeder and remembered the destroyed engine.

"My speeders engine is completely fried, which one are we taking?"

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hey Avriela, do you have a minute?"

Avriela looked back at Light and nodded. "Of course. What's bothering you?"

Zarev turned to look at Per'dra while Light and Avriela spoke. "I would like to talk to you once we have a free moment." He said quietly as Varik and Corsail left and went out by the speeders. "It concerns Corsail."

"My speeder's engine is completely fried, which one are we taking?"

"Then we take Light's.", Varik said. "Thankfully, he left the 'keys' in the ignition."

He jumped in the driver seat, and motioned for Corsail to sit in the passenger seat. He turned on the engines and started up the landspeeder. It then took off, as he drove in the direction of the signal jammer.

"The sooner we get this done, the sooner Zarev and Per'dra could do whatever the hell they're trying to do.", he said aloud, shaking his head. "I just want to get out of here. I want to do something, not sit around all day."

Light walked over and quickly and quietly said

"I wouldn't suggest going somewhere practically alone with Corsail. Unpredictable at the best of times, and he's made it clear he doesn't like you."

In a louder voice he spoke at a more normal pace,

"Just wondering if you need any supplies, for the journey ahead."

"The sooner we get this done, the sooner Zarev and Per'dra could do whatever the hell they're trying to do.", he said aloud, shaking his head. "I just want to get out of here. I want to do something, not sit around all day."

Corsail almost decided to jab at Varik about how jedi were supposed to have patience, but insted, he just remained silent.

"Well, thats whats going to happen, if Zarev decides he wants to wait for Kif to heal."

As they drove on something occurred to him, "We should stop here, if there is an enemy ahead we don't want to alert him by driving up with this loud speeder, wouldn't you agree?"

Per'dra sighed. "I hate it when I have an idea that sounds sensible, but turns out terrible. Zarev? I'm sorry I wasted so much time, both yours and mine, but what else can I do? If it turns out that someone IS monitoring us, I want to get to the bottom of it fast so that we're not under surveillance anymore."

"Well, thats whats going to happen, if Zarev decides he wants to wait for Kif to heal."

"We should stop here, if there is an enemy ahead we don't want to alert him by driving up with this loud speeder, wouldn't you agree?"

"Good point. The enemy is about a few hundred meters away.", Varik replied.

He ignited his lightsaber to be a light as he navigated his way through the canyon, loosing his footing as he fell down a slope onto another crevice.

"I don't like this planet. Too much canyon. Reminds me of Korriban.", Varik said to himself. "What do you think we'll find?", he asked Corsail.

Balmorra

Republic HQ

"I hate it when I have an idea that sounds sensible, but turns out terrible. Zarev? I'm sorry I wasted so much time, both yours and mine, but what else can I do? If it turns out that someone IS monitoring us, I want to get to the bottom of it fast so that we're not under surveillance anymore."

Zarev gently smiled. "You didn't waste anyone's time. It was a good thought and your not alone, I want whatever or whoever is monitoring us to be stopped at all costs."

"I wouldn't suggest going somewhere practically alone with Corsail. Unpredictable at the best of times, and he's made it clear he doesn't like you."

Avriela smiled. "Thank you for the advice, but in my time on the run I've run into many people who don't like me. I will take your advice to heart though and make sure I'm not alone with Corsail."

"Just wondering if you need any supplies, for the journey ahead."

The former sith caught onto what he was doing and nodded. "I could use a few ration bars and a spare power cell for my lightsaber. It looks like my current one is starting to fail.

Balmorra

Canyons

Among the canyons of Balmorra, a man wearing a dark cloak watched and waited as his targets got closer and closer to him. His face was blank, there was no expression, no typical sith sneer on his face. It was as if his mind had been wiped of everything except his current objective.

Kill the interlopers, make sure Voleran made it to the Master.

He looked down at the detonator in his hands and for a brief moment his old personality surfaced, his hands shook as he tried to reassurt his control over his body only for it too fade after only a moment.

Darth Sevairis, the newest member of the Dark Council pressed the switch and watched as a large explosion sent a large amount of rocks sliding down the rock face towards the two intruders.

Stop...Make it stop! His old personality screamed at him as he ignited his lightsaber and prepared to finish the two off if they survived. This is my body, not yours!

"I don't like this planet. Too much canyon. Reminds me of Korriban.", Varik said to himself. "What do you think we'll find?".

"I have no idea, but I..." he took a short pause, then continued, "I feel something very dark nearby, I'm not sure what it is.

Corsail looked around at the canyon walls, trying find anyone that might be watching them, but even with Varik's lightsaber ignighted it was still almost impossible to see much of anything.

"Maybe we should have-" A large explosion high on the canyon walls sent boulders and hundreds of rock fragments down towards them.

"Look out!" he shouted as the rockslide came crashing towards them.

"That's pretty sensible of you."

Light smiled at his own words' double meaning.

"I'll make sure to get those for you."

Light felt a tingling sensation, but the disturbance in the Force could only be from Varik and Corsail's little journey. He hoped they were okay silently before flicking his wrist in a small wave to Avriela and turning to walk over to Zarev and Per'dra.

• 3 weeks later...

"Look out!"

Varik looked up to see a massive rockslide tumbling toward them.

"MOVE!!", Varik shouted as he pushed Corsail out of the way.

He tried to duck and move out of the way, but the rockslide was already there - crushing him and sending him down into the lower depths of the canyon. After a few minutes passed he tried moving the rocks with the Force, but he was too constricted and too weakened to do anything effective.

"Corsail, help. I'm being crushed down here.", he said through the comm.

"MOVE!!"

Corsail used Variks push as a force of momentum to thrust himself as far as he could. He escaped the main force of the rockslide, however a few rock slabs smashed against his shoulders. The impact from rocks sent him smashing into the dirt.

He let out a groan of pain and tried to stand up. "My bones feel liked there cracked. You alright?" Just then he realised that Varik wasn't with him.

He quickly turned around to look at the huge pile of rocks behind him.

Was he crushed? He wondered.

"Corsail, help. I'm being crushed down here."

Corsail was surprised by the sudden noise his comlink gave off. He quickly snatched it up and answered. "Varik? Hold on i'll dig you out." The thought crossed his mind that he could let Varik die, but he dismissed the thought and instead, started digging away at the huge rock pile.

He grabbed his fathers lightsaber from his pouch and activated unleashing its yellow blade. He used it to slash through the rocks, making them crumble away into little pieces.

"I can't believe i'm doing this." He mumbled to himself as he slashed away at the rock pile.

Balmorran Canyons

Darth Sevairis watched the rocks rolled down the hill. He felt nothing as one of the targets pushed the other out of the way, only to end up trapped beneath the rocks. He ignited his crinsom lightsaber as the other one ignited a yellow lightsaber and began slashing at the rocks.

He was about to force leap down when his legs suddenly buckled slightly as his former personality tried once again to assert itself. I AM SITH! YOU CANNOT CONTROL ME!!!

THIS BODY IS MINE!

A voice in the Dark Council members head whispered back at him. You were sith...now you are but a puppet. Perhaps if you finish your task you will finally know the freedom of death but not before.

Sevaris's body suddenly relaxed for a moment as the other personality took control back away from him.

Now...Kill them.

Sevairis launched himself into the air and landed on a small outcropping before jumping again and landing on the top of a boulder before finally landing a few feet away from the one wielding a yellow lightsaber. His rasied his lightsaber in a defensive stance and unleashed a stream of lightning at Corsail.

"This...must...not..." He whispered painfully as he tried once again to take control only to fail once again.

Balmorra

Republic HQ

Zarev looked up sharply as he suddenly felt a dark presence...and he could also feel the emotions of Corsail and Varik. They were clearly fighting with...something or someone.

He turned to look at Per'dra. "We have a problem. It feels as if Corsail and Varik ran into trouble. This darkness that I feel...something feels wrong. As if the darkness itself is being tainted by something else."

He looked at Avriela and Light. "I'm positive, they're going to need help."

Corsail felt him coming and spun around to face his enemy, however he wasn't expecting a blue arc of lightning heading towards him. Caught off guard, the force of the lightning sent him stumbling backwards, tripping over the rocks.

"Arghh!" he cried out in pain as the lightning burned through his skin. In pain, Corsail tried desperately to use his lightsaber stop the incoming waves of crackling death. Catching hold of the arc, he redirected it into the cayon walls.

With his free hand he snapped one of his blasters from out of its holster and fired three rapid shots towards the deadly sith lord.

He knew his blasters probably wouldn't do any damage, but he had to do something to interrupt the siths endless assault.

Balmorra

Canyons

Sevairis's lightsaber dropped down and easily deflected the blaster bolts being fired at him but was forced to stop hitting Corsail with force lightning. He quickly force jumped backward and grabbed Corsail through the force and slamming him repeatedly into one of the canyon walls.

"Make...Make it stop!" He whispered painfully as he felt the other presence within his mind suddenly lose most of it's hold only to return a moment later at full strength.

No. You will serve for the rest of your life. the voice whispered back.

Balmorra

Outside Republic HQ

"Are all of us going? Someone should stay with Kif, right? And we still need to pick up the supplies that everyone needs, though that may wait until we take care of the disturbance."

Zarev looked over at Kif and nodded. "I'll stay with Kif but I don't think that only one of us should stay here. I've been feeling something...odd from some of the troops stationed here. Almost like...you may find this odd but It feels almost as if there's someone else with them in their heads."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I could be wrong though."

The sound of a speeder starting up and quickly taking off made Zarev look up in surprise. Also, Avriela was nowhere to be seen.

"I think one of us just took matters into her own hands. Avriela is gone, and one of the speeders just took off."

Balmorra

En route to Canyons

Avriela was planning on what she was going to do even as she rode towards where she could sense Corsail, Varik and the dark presence was. The dark presence she was feeling was strong...very strong. She could sense both Corsail and Varik were still alive but if they were fighting something this strong than it was a good bet that they wouldn't be alive for long.

Hold on Vaik...I'm on my way. And Corsail, if we survive this you better be grateful that I saved your paranoid backside.

She could tell that she was getting closer, the canyons were just ahead. She could also see strange flashes of blue and red light ahead.

Most likely lighting and blaster bolts...she thought.

Corsail had one moment of relief from the barrage of lightning, but before he could make a move he was picked up through the force and thrusted into the canyon wall. He flew through the air and smashed into the rocks, and before he even hit the ground he was thrown at another wall, and another, and another.

Corsail smashed into the ground, still clinging to his fathers lightsaber. In pain, Corsail stood up on one knee. His chest felt like it was caved in, and he could barely breathe. The sith looked half distracted with himself, but he knew that he didn't stand a chance alone.

Focusing on the rocks that were trapping Varik, Corsail summoning all his strength projected a rippling force wave that smashed into the rock pile.

Completely drained, Corsail collapsed to the ground unconscious.

Corsail's force wave cut through the rocks, making an opening large enough for Varik to focus his energy on. He amplified the Force through his leg, and repeatedly Force kicked the rocks until they flew in a massive arc a couple dozen meters away. Getting up, he held his head as he felt lightheaded, and stumbled onto the ground - using his hand to keep him from falling onto the ground. Shaking his head, he pushed his hand until he stood upright, and then grabbed his lightsabers from his belt - igniting them and holding them in the traditional Jar'Kai stance.

"You must face judgement for all of the blood you have spilled. Surrender, and I will consider letting you live.", Varik said.

Republic HQ

"I'll stay with you, or go after Avriela. If something is going on with the Republic troops, and there is an odd presence trying to speak to their minds, I'll try and see if I can sense it again."

Zarev was about to respond when suddenly a red light began to blink and his jedi senses began to scream danger! at him. He ignited his lightsaber just as the door opened and a small squadron of republic troops staggered in. One of them in the back was holding his head and was trying to speak.

Kill them my puppets...Make it so they never interfere with my plans again.

The majority of the troopers pulled their rifles off their back and aimed them at the group, but two of them in the back including the one that was holding his head hit the ground with a thud.

The lead trooper's hand was shaking violently. "N-No...Don't....Don't make us..." He whispered painfully as his finger hovered above the trigger for just a moment before it hit it and blaster bolts began to cut through the air.

Zarev's lightsaber instantly moved in front of Per'dra to block the first of the shots even as he twisted his body to the right to avoid the shots being fired at him.

"Light! Protect Kif! Per'dra! Try to disable them only! I think something is...controlling them somehow!"

Balmorra

Canyons

"You must face judgement for all of the blood you have spilled. Surrender, and I will consider letting you live.",

Sevairis raised his lightsaber and brought it down in a defensive stance even as he tried to speak without the voice in his head taking control again. "Please...Kill me...he gasped as his body fought the intruder for control only to lose once again. "Has...me." he whispered as his body relaxed once again as he lost total control.

Bad idea. The voice whispered to him as Sevairis's body stretched out his hand and a massive amount of lightning began to form in it.

The sound of a speeder quickly approaching didn't register on Sevairis's mind until it was nearly right on top of him. The dark cloaked figure who was driving the speeder force lept into the air and unleashed a narrow stream of lightning that shocked Sevairis for a moment as the back end of the still active speeder came close to taking off his head but he managed to barely move out of the way.

Avriela pulled her hood off and ignited her double bladed lightsaber as she landed next to Varik and looked down at Corsail then at Varik.

"I'm here to help." She said as she gathered the force around her and dropped into an offensive stance next to Varik.

Per'dra raised both of her hands and then lowered them slowly, projecting a stasis field around the hostile Republic troops with the Force. All of them froze, moving not a single muscle, as its currents held them bound. "Now, then," the Jedi said firmly but kindly. "None of you can speak, being in stasis, but I know that all of you can hear me. It seems as if someone is trying to control you through the Force, manipulating your minds. Who is it? Think the answer if you can, because I'll be able to sense it. I am a Jedi, here to serve."

Republic HQ

"None of you can speak, being in stasis, but I know that all of you can hear me. It seems as if someone is trying to control you through the Force, manipulating your minds. Who is it? Think the answer if you can, because I'll be able to sense it. I am a Jedi, here to serve."

No...I must not be revealed! Not yet. I have hoped to use you and your men to spread my influence to the rest of Balmorra, but it appears I won't be able to. Die my puppets, die.

The group of republic troops behind the lead trooper suddenly began to blink rapidly. The eyes of all of them began to turn red as blood vessels began to rupture.

No... The lead trooper thought to himself. The jedi...needs to know whats...happening! He thought urgently.

No. You will not reveal me!

This...This is my mind! The trooper thought back as he briefly took back control of his mind even as his blood vessels began to rupture.

A man! he thought rapidly. A dark cloaked man! He came to Balmorra weeks ago...did something to my squad! Infected us with some sort of force affliction! Took over our minds and forced us to spread whatever it was to the others!

His vision was quickly turning red and he knew that he was going to die any moment. He brought up the mental image of the man that he and his squad had seen that night. A tall man...wearing a black cloaked robe. A man with force powers that he had never before seen. A man with a silver lightsaber hilt.

You fool! Do you realize what you have done?!

Y-Yes...I've given them a fighting chance. the trooper thought as his eyes closed for the last time.

Balmorra

Canyons

Sevairis looked at the new combatant and shook his head rapidly as his gathered a massive amount of force lightninig in his hand and launched it at Varik and Avriela even as he reignited his lightsaber and threw it in a spinning arc at the two of them.

Varik barely had time to block the lightning with his lightsabers, when he saw Sevaris throw his saber in an arc - heading toward Avirela. Noticing his distraction and his focus in the lightsaber in the air - Varik put his lightsabers on his belt, and ran in a massive sprint towards Sevaris - leaping and tackling him. Although he didn't knock him to the ground, he used his momentum to swing behind him and put his arm around his neck. He dug his knee into the back of his leg and got him in a chokehold.

"Now, I shall ask you again, surrender, or you will die.", Varik said, temporarily putting a hold on the fight.

Balmorra

Canyons

Avriela saw the lightsaber coming at her and quickly ducked out of the way as Varik tackled Sevairis, the tackle disrupted Sevairis's concentration and the lightsaber hit the ground.

Sevairis couldn't move for a moment as Varik managed to get him into a chokehold. But that didn't last for more then a minute as he managed to get one of his hand's free and grabbed Varik's arm around his neck and in short order began to crush the bones in his arm.

"Stop...Stop me..." He whispered. "C-Can't control...He has...everything." he gasped as his mind fought the other presence wthin his mind for control again.

Archived