Home

Star Wars: The Darkness Within

"All right."

Zarev looked at Per'dra as she turned and headed for the crew quarters and caught her eye for a moment as she turned to look at him before continuing on to her quarters.

He turned to look at Light and smiled sheepishly. "Excuse me, I need to talk to her." He muttered as he turned and ran after her.

"Per'dra! Per'dra, may I have a word with you?" He asked carefully.

Tython

Rise

Satele Shan rose to her feet. Her eyes had a blank, vacant look in them. Without looking she grabbed her double-bladed lightsaber and headed for the Temple's docking bay which would take her to her small personal shuttle.

The others await you. Join them aboard the Courageous and rid me of these pests forever.

Despite a few inquiring looks as she passed through the temple, she arrived aboard the Republic capital ship and spoke softly.

"Set course for Voss. The Master has summoned us."

Dromund Kaas

Rise

"Set Course for Voss. Best possible speed. We have been summoned."

Darth Marr of the Dark council looked ahead through the forward viewer as the Sith Harrower class dreadnaught Starblaze engaged it's hyperdrive. "Alert all stations that we expect to encounter limited resistance once we arrive. Failure to destroy the resistance will not be tolerated."

"Yes, my lord."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light caught a glance of the look in Zarev's eyes, and, while he couldn't tell if it was due to the force or his own intuition, he knew.

"Don't miss a chance to be together."

Light sent the message telepathically to the new pair, unsure of how the others would react, knowing what they may about the Jedi. But, personal attachment had been the reason Light had left the Order, and he admired their ability to find one another through all of the craziness that had been occurring.

"Come Corsail. We could go over some force techniques if you want. To either help you block out your enemies, or to channel it into offensive or defensive tools. And I think you might need a weapon for the coming battle..."

Light began to walk towards the workbench, curious what tools he might have to work with.

[OOC] Now might be a good time for a time skip,eh?[/OOC]

"Come Corsail. We could go over some force techniques if you want. To either help you block out your enemies, or to channel it into offensive or defensive tools. And I think you might need a weapon for the coming battle..."

Corsail followed Light over to the workbench interested. Force techniques.. Training, yes, that is what he wanted. it had been on his mind for awhile, but he hadn't the time nor did he really know how to bring it up before. He felt like it was an extremely awkward subject for him, all things considered.

Corsail halted, "Uh, hey Light.. I've been meaning to ask you something.."

((Time skip will be upcoming soon. Possibly after Light and Corsail post and MrsFicwriter posts.))

"Of course. What's on your mind?"

Zarev was about to respond but he was quickly losing the courage he had managed to briefly summon. He was about to change the topic of the conversation he was about to bring up but he could hear Light's thoughts in his head.

"Don't miss a chance to be together."

Zarev took a deep breath. Light was right. It could be their last chance to be together.

"Per'dra...We could possibly be going to our deaths within the next day." He said softly as he gently took her hands as they approached the crew quarters.

"I don't want to risk dying before telling you how much you mean to me and how much I love you." He said softly as he bowed his head towards her. "I...I'm not that good at this sort of things." He said as his face turned red. "I just want to let you know how much you mean to me."

((Time to arrive at Voss. The one day time-skip is over.))

Republic Vessel Shan

Entering Voss Orbit

Zarev slowly opened his eyes and smiled at the sleeping form of Per'dra next to him. He couldn't help but smile despite the fact that if the Jedi council knew what he and Per'dra had done they would most likely be kicked out of the order but he didn't care. He had found someone that he loved and all that mattered to him was making sure she was safe.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked softly enough that she would be able to hear him if she was awake, but not loud enough to disturb her if she was still sleeping.

Shan Bridge

Vlalkor couldn't help but be a bit suspicious as he looked at the amount of Comn traffic coming and going from Voss. He paused for a moment as he tried to identify the various signals.

Imperial...and Republic? This can't be good. He thought as the Shan dropped out of Hyperspace. His eyes widened in shock as he saw the charred aft section of a Sith Harrower class dreadnaught drift past the bridge view-port.

"Aw...Kark." He muttered as he took in the situation. There were three Sith Harrower class dreadnaughts and two Republic heavy battle cruisers surrounding Voss, they were firing at any vessel approaching the planet. Approaching Voss were two Republic battle cruisers and a small group of Republic Destroyers that were taking heavy fire. Further out were two heavily damaged Sith war ships and a larger Sith Dreadnaught who's bridge had been destroyed that looked as if they had seen much better days.

They must have knocked out those dreadnaughts earlier and waited for the Republic battle group.

A console beeped indicating incoming decrypted transmissions.

"- Is Lord Gel of the Sith Empire to the Dark Council! My troops and acolytes turned on me! I can sense something here, something far stronger then I have ever encountered before! Requesting any and all nearby forces to be redirected to Voss! Something is controlling the vast majority of the population and is setting them against us!"

"- Jedi Master Lelkan to the Jedi High Council. There is some sort of Dark-Side entity here on Voss. Something far stronger then we have ever encountered before. It's attempting to take control of our forces here! I have managed to keep it from corrupting my Padawan but I don't know how much longer we can hold out! The native Voss seem to have gone mad, they are marching on both our Embassy and the Sith Embassy. Not sure how much longer we can hold out!"

"Attention to any Vessel's approaching Voss, this is Voss Orbital Control. We are under attack by an unknown entity which appears to have taken control of the vessels surrounding the planet. Requesting assistance from any vessels in the area!"

"This is Captain Veka of the Republic vessel Hope's Star. We're being fired on by Republic and Imperial Warships! Requesting assistance from any loyal Republic Vessel!"

"-Arth Kellis to any Imperial vessels. We have been attacked by a joint force of Republic and Imperial vessel. Our Battle force has taken severe losses. Requesting assistance and instructions."

Vlalkor hit the intercom button. "Looks like we're expected." He said as his voice echoed through the ship. "Whatever this thing is it looks as if it's been getting ready for us, the whole planet seems to be in a state of chaos."

He looked down at the consoles as they began beeping again. "Incoming transmission from the ships surrounding Voss. Putting it through."

"This is Satele Shan, formally of the Jedi High Council. Republic Vessel Shan: If you do not submit you will be destroyed. You have interfered in affairs that you cannot comprehend. We know what you have done to interfere with the Master's plan. I offer you a choice. Surrender yourself to us or die."

It has control of the Grand Master of the Jedi Council. This isn't good.

"This is Darth Marr, formally the leader head of the Dark Council. This being's mind remembers the traitor that I now sense on your ship. She will make a fine vessel for the master. I suggest that you power down your vessel and prepare to become one with the Master."

Seriously? The head of the Dark Council?! How far does this thing's reach extend?!

He heard the sound of footsteps coming up and saw the former sith Avriela approach and sit down in the co-plot's seat.

"So...this thing has control of two of the most influential people in the Republic and the Sith?"

"Looks that way. Got any suggestions?"

"Yeah. Stay alive until we can get to Voss."

Varik stood with his arms crossed in the main hold, his eyebrows furrowed at the holographic display in front of him. Three Sith Harrower-class dreadnaughts and two Republic Valor-class cruisers formed a makeshift blockade of Voss, firing upon any ship that was heading toward the planet. Further off was a Sith battle group, which had all but been destroyed, and a smaller Republic group, headed by the Hope's Star.

Karking hell. How are we supposed to get through that? They're expecting us. A direct hit from any of their turbolasers will turn this ship into dust.

He groaned, rubbing his face with his hands. He looked back at the display, the Sith battle group had been completely decimated. Then it hit him. He paused, and zoomed in at the Republic battle group. Four Thantra-class corvettes - one heavily damaged, and several freighters and interceptors littered throughout it. Compared to the Sith battle group, it was relatively unscathed. But it wouldn't be for long. He knew what he had to do.

Varik marched out of the room and into the cockpit.

"Vlalkor I have a plan but you're not going to like it. We're going to use the Republic battle group as cover to get to the planet.", he paused. "It's our only option."

He didn't much like the idea of sending Republic soldiers to their deaths, but what other choice was there? The reality was that those soldiers were going to die anyway unless if the battle group pulled out and left for hyperspace immediately. The Shan wasn't fast enough to avoid sustained turbolaser fire from five cruisers, much less have the shielding and armor to sustain more than a handful of hits.

Republic Vessel Shan

Entering Voss Orbit

"Hmmmmm," Per'dra smiled, letting out a long and contented sigh. "I did sleep well, for the first time in a long time. I've gotten so edgy from feeling unsafe." She sat up on the double-sized cot and turned to Zarev. "I'm glad for one moment of peace before it's all shattered. Speaking of which, look at my hair!" The two laughed and went off to wash together in the refreshers.

When they got out and dressed, Per'dra could see a whole swarm of zooming and blinking starships all around them. "What in the Force is going on here?"

Shan Bridge

"Situation report," the young Jedi blurted as she rushed onto the bridge. "Are we being attacked? Zarev and I...uh...were out of the loop for quite a while. I apologize, but there must be something we can do to help. This is chaos."

Light was unsurprised by the mentophage garnering its troops to protect itself. However, it was surprising who his troops were. He was sitting near Vlalkor when the craziness began. He immediately began formulating strategies to defeat or bypass the ships that were the biggest threat for the time being.

Light was unsurprised by the tardiness of the duo. "We have a number of hostiles that could destroy us very rapidly, but fighting hasn't started. "

"Patience Varik. We have not yet been engaged. I recommend that we send a message for the Republic group to flee. Remember, they asked us to surrender. This should be our opportunity. We can either pretend to surrender, and then swiftly accelerate when they get close. Or, if we are unable to escape that way, then we may end up on one of their ships. The Mentophage isn't so far away, else it's troops would not be clustered here. Do we have confirmation on a location yet? If I had to wager, there would be a large heat signature, either due to the creature's forces on the ground, or due to its own mass."

Light began surveying the thermal images on one of the computers.

((Didn't have internet for awhile and I still don't have it on a consistent basis for now. I'll try to post when I can.))

Bridge

"Vlalkor I have a plan but you're not going to like it. We're going to use the Republic battle group as cover to get to the planet.", he paused. "It's our only option."

Vlalkor looked up as an idea came to mind.

"I feel that you might be right. I can send them a warning and let them know that we need to reach the planet. Maybe they can cover us until we can reach Voss and then retreat."

"Are we being attacked? Zarev and I...uh...were out of the loop for quite a while. I apologize, but there must be something we can do to help. This is chaos."

Avriela looked up at the two as Vlalkor looked back down at the controls.

"Whatever this thing is, it prepared for us. It's blasting anything that gets within firing range and it has control of both Master Satele Shan and Darth Marr. We need to reach the planet and end this thing. If we kill it, maybe we can break the control it has over everyone."

Vlalkor didn't look up as Light spoke up. He was busy redirecting power to the shields and engines just in case they attracted more attention then they already had.

"Patience Varik. We have not yet been engaged. I recommend that we send a message for the Republic group to flee. Remember, they asked us to surrender. This should be our opportunity. We can either pretend to surrender, and then swiftly accelerate when they get close. Or, if we are unable to escape that way, then we may end up on one of their ships. The Mentophage isn't so far away, else it's troops would not be clustered here. Do we have confirmation on a location yet? If I had to wager, there would be a large heat signature, either due to the creature's forces on the ground, or due to its own mass."

Vlalkor turned to look at Light. "I've been scanning since we arrived in the system. There's no heat signature or anything. From what I can tell it's throwing everything it has at the uncorrupted forces on the plan-...wait. Hold on, picking up a transmission from Voss itself."

A voice that could barely be heard over the sound of blaster fire and the sounds of activated lightsabers filled the bridge. "This is Commando squad 12, we have found what we believe is where whatever this thing is is commanding it's forces from. Repeat, the entity is located somewhere in the Nightmare lands! Inform the rest of the commando squads!" The voice cut off as the sound of blaster fire grew more intense.

Vlalkor looked up at everyone. "I think we should make a run for the planet. What do you all think?"

Corsail listened intently to everything that was being said, growing more and more tense every moment. I knew it'd be bad, but this is madness. he thought to himself.

"I think we should make a run for the planet. What do you all think?"

Corsail blinked, then gestured to the battle going in space before them, "If you think we can make it without being shot down, absolutely. If I had my ship here I could fly us in no problem... sadly, she's gathering dust in a republic hanger right now."

"And even if we manage to land safely..." He shook his head, "We won't have many friends down there, anyone, and most likely everyone, will be an enemy."

Vlalkor smiled grimly as he rerouted what little auxiliary power the Shan had to the engines and shields. "Dash for the planet it is."

Vlalkor opened up a comn line to the remaining Republic and Sith ships using an encrypted frequency. The sith would most likely have a harder time breaking the code then the Republic forces but he hoped they would understand what they were trying to accomplish.

"Attention all remaining ships. This the Republic vessel, Shan. We have located the entity responsible for commandeering the solders and vessels in orbit and are in the process of eliminating it. We need cover for a few moments to reach the planet."

Avriela looked up and saw a few of the Republic vessels forming up on the Shan in a position to intercept whatever they would throw at the Shan.

"Full power to engines...now!" Vlalkor called as the Shan shot forward and turbolaser fire from the Republic and Sith Vessels that were behind them began slamming into the ships that the entity had control of.

"This is gonna be rough. Hold onto something." Vlalkor said as the Shan maneuvered through the firestorm as it approached Voss.

Well, there goes my plan.

"Man all stations. Prepare for whatever they throw at us."

Light was ready at his station, preparing alternate courses to their destination for possible targeting solutions, and avoiding them. This is going to be a bumpy ride, but a few less bumps won't hurt

[[OOC]] Where did everyone go? x.x Everyone, to your battle stations! :D [[/OOC]]

• 3 weeks later...

Per'dra's station was neither at the gun turrets nor controls, but the ship's internal control system. As a Jedi, she had focused exclusively on combat and Force training, and didn't know the first thing about how to fight using a starship. With that said, however, she had a sixth sense about when everything was in balance, whether it be organic or electronic.

As the vessel bucked and rocked, preparing to enter the thick of battle, she cleared her mind and fell into a half-trance state.

Vlalkor gritted his teeth as the Shan tore through space as he did his best to avoid Turbolaser blasts and incoming torpedoes. He saw two of the Republic ships that were providing cover for the Shan explode as they were hit by turbolasers from a Republic battleship.

Just a few more seconds..."Entering the Atmosphere in...three...two...one!" Vlalkor called out as the Shan managed to get past the capital ships in orbit and began to shake violently as it tore through the atmosphere.

"This is Shan to all remaining Imperial and and Republic Vessels! We have broken through the blockade. All ships, withdraw to a safe distance at once! I repeat, withdraw!"

"Understood Shan. May the force protect you." A voice came back over the comnlink as Vlalkor turned the ship towards the nightmare lands.

"Get ready everybody. I'm going to drop you as close as I can to the source of the transmissions from the commandos. Be prepared."

Zarev nodded grimly and Avriela smiled as she headed for the ramp as she clipped her lightsaber to her belt before turning back and heading back to Vlalkor.

"Vlalkor?"

The trooper turned and looked at her for a brief moment and his eyes widened in shock as she pressed her lips against his and broke the kiss a moment later. Avriela smiled at Vlalkor's shocked expression. "Been wanting to do that for awhile." Avriela said calmly. "Once we get back, I think you and I should go out to dinner. What do you think?"

"Uh..I mean...yes." Vlalkor looked shocked.

Avriela winked. "Sounds fun. Be back in a bit." she said with a smile as she headed to the ramp. Zarev raised an eyebrow and smiled at Vlalkor's expression. "Have fun Vlalkor." he said jokingly as he followed Avriela to the ramp.

Voss

Nightmare lands

The entity's eyes were closed as it sensed the battle and the approaching strike team. But it didn't matter.

Light knew the time to leave was nigh. He set the controls that he was manually controlling to either be controlled from Vlalkor's station or to be automatically handled.

Light almost laughed at Vlalkor's surprised expression.

"You're not coming with us?" Light asked Vlalkor after setting up all the systems for his departure.

Light rose, ready to leave once he received an answer.

"You're not coming with us?"

Vlalkor shook his head and smiled. "I'm going to try and clear the sky of the fighters that the entity is controlling, Don't worry. I did pretty well in the training sims in fighter combat. Now, we're almost at the drop point, get to the loading ramp and get ready for the fight of your lives."

Vlalkor hit the thrusters again and the Shan shot forward until it was in the middle of the nightmare lands only a few hundred feet from where the Commando transmission had come from."

""Alright everyone, we're here. Get ready and let me know if you need a lift out or anything." He said as he looked over at Avriela and winked. "And I'll see you when we're done here." He grinned as he began to open the landing ramp.

No...no, this can't be right...

"I hear it." Per'dra shuddered all over. "I can actually hear this thing." In all the commotion, did anyone hear her whisper? Most likely not, but the echo of the mentophage's thoughts threw the Jedi's concentration off for a moment. It caused her to lurch and recalibrate a gauge as it careened past normal levels.

"Hang on! I'm getting some interference," she cried. I won't tell you what kind it is, though. If I do, we might all be lost. I just have to keep calm.

"Well, let's hope that you are as good in real life as you are in sims." Light smiled to Vlalkor and nodded as he left to go to the ramp.

He arrived just as the ramp fully lowered. He turned to Zarev, curious, "Are we going to jump?"

Light was surprised by Per'dra, but he was already ready for battle. "Is it your comms? What's wrong?"

"It's the Force," Per'dra replied evasively. "So many lives are being either subsumed or consumed by the Entity that it's hard to keep my mind and emotions in balance. If you don't mind, would you please double-check the shield capacitors? I can't get a good read on them with all the fluctuations."

"Sure thing." Light quickly checked the gauge, noticing that the calibration was completely wrong. There were fluctuations, but it was to be expected when shields were up in a combat scenario, especially if any small arms fire were directed at the craft.

The "interference" from the Force must be affecting her more than she's letting on...

"There we go, all fixed. Are you sure you're ready to go? You could stay here with Vlalkor and help manage the ship."

"Are we going to jump?"

Zarev nodded. It's not that far of a drop and if we were to try and get closer to this thing on foot it would most likely send everything it had against us before we got close. I think this is the best idea."

Avriela nodded as she approached the ramp and winked over at Vlalkor who's face turned red as he turned back to the console.

"I agree with Zarev." She said as the Shan began to rock slightly as far off weapons fire began to impact the hull not causing enough damage to knock it out of the sky but enough that to show that if the Shan stayed still much longer it would most likely be knocked out of the sky.

"Alright everyone. Time to go."

Varik had been largely paying little attention to those around him. He was leaning against a bulkhead, emptying his mind and preparing for the upcoming battle. There was a possibility that it may very well be his last. He still experienced a stiffness in his legs and wasn't fully rested, but this was the most physically able he could possibly be at this moment.

"Alright everyone. Time to go."

Varik marched toward the ramp and leapt. He used the Force to slow his descent as he landed on solid ground. He was the first one off the ship. He gripped his lightsabers, his eyes filled with intense focus and certainty. He was ready.

Archived