Home

LucasArts trademarks Star Wars 1313

JediAthos

From shacknews.com:

Lucas plans on launching yet another extension of his Star Wars franchise. Last week, the company bought a number of domains regarding a project likely to be titled "Star Wars 1313." The company now owns 1313starwars.com and starwars1313.com, which has many fans wondering what this mysterious project could be.

Whatever it is, it will be a video game, new evidence reveals.

Fusible, which first discovered the domain registrations theorized 1313 could refer to a movie based on Boba Fett. "CT-1313 was once an alias used by Boba Fett on Aargau when he was confronted by a clone trooper," the site noted.

However, additional information unearthed by Siliconera suggests that the project will not be a film, but a video game instead. Lucas filed a trademark with the USPTO earlier this month--and the trademark notes that it is for use as "video game software" and "entertainment services provided on-line."

Whatever 1313 is, it will likely be an online (multiplayer?) video game. Could this be a Boba Fett game--or something different altogether?

source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/73674/star-wars-1313-trademarked-will-be-a-game/

I think I probably know how most of us feel about LucasArts and games lately, but anyone think this will turn into anything decent?

Erm, nah.

But seriously though, who knows? We must be due a decent SW game soon enough right? ....Right? Can't see what appears to amount to an online sequel to the very-average 'Bounty Hunter' being the franchises' saving grace though.

The Old Republic? ...Meh, I discount online games, and also games that cost a bleedin' fortune... :¬:

I also discount online games. Talking from the perspective of a guy who never liked the Force Unleashed games, OR Star/Dance Wars for Kinect, I think we're due a GOOD Star Wars game. This, however, won't be it, I don't think.

I'm holding hope that the open world RPG is still happening, and that it isn't this. Whatever this is.

The Old Republic? ...Meh, I discount online games, and also games that cost a bleedin' fortune... :¬:

With TOR I have spent less money on games since December than I can remember in a 5 month period. Only other game I bought was ME3, so most months instead of paying $60 for a new game, I've only spent $15 for TOR. So it all depends on how you look at it. Yes, I spent $15 more on TOR, but it saved me $45.

However to topic, I expect nothing, but I expected nothing from TOR too and was happily surprise with what I got. Pretty sure it will not be a MMO as even LucasArts isn’t stupid enough to compete with itself (I hope), so I will hope for a RPG with multiplayer element similar to ME3, but expect something along the lines of Battlefront Lego Clone Wars Unleashed with extreme disco Wookiee.

With TOR I have spent less money on games since December than I can remember in a 5 month period. Only other game I bought was ME3, so most months instead of paying $60 for a new game, I've only spent $15 for TOR. So it all depends on how you look at it. Yes, I spent $15 more on TOR, but it saved me $45.

However to topic, I expect nothing, but I expected nothing from TOR too and was happily surprise with what I got. Pretty sure it will not be a MMO as even LucasArts isn’t stupid enough to compete with itself (I hope), so I will hope for a RPG with multiplayer element similar to ME3, but expect something along the lines of Battlefront Lego Clone Wars Unleashed with extreme disco Wookiee.

I only buy like one game every six months, which makes it prohibitively priced, for me at least :p

Could be a SW take on the FPS - instead of going for WoW's market, they go for CoD's. Would tie in with the 'boba fett' thing more as well, though that link is preeeetty tenuous to be fair.

hahaha yeah same thing happened when i used to play SWG, i didn't buy games for like a whole year, literally saved me hundreds.

Not everyone looks at it that way though, because you're essentially paying $15/£8.99 a month for the same content over and over and over again, which isn't worth it in my opinion. Logins to SWTOR are in decline, and they have lost 400k subs in the last three months alone. I don't see SWTOR staying for much longer as it is. It will either go free to play or evaporate into MMO space.

Logins to SWTOR are in decline, and they have lost 400k subs in the last three months alone. I don't see SWTOR staying for much longer as it is. It will either go free to play or evaporate into MMO space.

Have you looked at the history of other MMOs? My guess is no, because this is normal and was expected as it has happened with every MMO ever launched with anywhere near the hype of TOR. 1.3 million is still nothing to sneeze at and better than the norm.

Also can't speak for other MMOs, but with TOR you are not playing the same content over and over. There are at least 8 different storylines and they have already added new flashpoints, ops and dailies. So yes, you can do the same thing over and over if you want, but you don't have to. You can do something completely different and you can even do different stuff with your friends and guild mates.

Could the 1313 just be referring to a release date? 5/13/13 or some such?

I thought about a date, too. Maybe it's a teaser site for 1/3/2013.

I wouldn't mind seeing a redone SotE.

That would be too much greatness to be true.

See now I fully believe that LA could and potentially WOULD remake Shadows sometime in the future as there would be a sizeable profit and they could do it as a 15th/18th/whatever anniversary thing. So why the hell can't SE remake FFVII - how would it bankrupt them? (offtopic post is offtopic I know but this discussion got me thinking).

Archived