Home

LucasArts trademarks Star Wars 1313

JediAthos

• 2 weeks later...

COME ON KOTOR3, X-WING TIE FIGHTER ALLIANCE, JEDI KNIGHT 2: THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF KYLE KATARN AND REPUBLIC COMMANDO: NOW WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ZEV!!!!!!!!!!

No way it can be anything else. No way. LA's return to glory begins May 31st!!!

Yeeeaaah baby!

I keep thinking that with that title, maybe they're doing something completely out of left field, like a middle ages, sword and sorcery take on Star Wars, but then I realised that this is LucasArts, and as cool as that idea might be, it would probably bomb.

I hate to be a naysayer, but this last few years have been draining... a want for a true Star Wars game, that doesn't apologise for being niche or appealing to a more esoteric fanbase, has taken its toll on my fandom.

I fear this will be another multi-platform-TV deal-extravaganza for kids, with little Star Wars feel but massive monetary returns.

There will be action figures, calenders, mugs and T-shirts, but there will not be a Forum dedicated to it in nine years.

I fear this will be another multi-platform-TV deal-extravaganza for kids, with little Star Wars feel but massive monetary returns.
Of course, but LucasArts hardly stands alone in that regard. All AAA games these days are dross designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator and yield the maximum return. As I have said before, you can't really fault companies (especially public listed ones) from a business perspective. They are naturally focused on maximising profits to the exclusion of most everything else. But it sure does suck as a consumer. Well at least one of the monocle.png ones anyway. :D

Of course, not all companies are like that and there are folks who play a larger variety of games that don't get caught in a rut playing essentially the same games over and over... that, and if an AAA game isn't all that great then it's kind of obvious that it's not an AAA to begin with ;)

Archived