Home

SWTOR: Varik's Tale: Prologue

SWTOR: THE PURSUIT OF REVENGE: PROLOGUE

The Prologue of Varik Athzaria's tale of pain, strength, and vindication, written by LDR.

The city of Iziz fell into dusk. The Prael sun set, altering the normal blue of the sky into an orange-yellow hue from where it sat on the horizon. The city's market square was unnaturally tame, as two people walked through the crowds to their house. Placing his hand on the holopad door control, the door opened with a soft whir. He walked into the basement to grab two wine glasses, and a bottle of Coruscant Red Wine. He walked back up the stairs, and filled the glasses to their brims, handing the second glass to his wife.

"The Jedi Temple was attacked. I fear for Varik.", the woman said, sparking the conversation.

"He'll be fine. He's endured worse. I'm taking a shuttle to Coruscant tomorrow. I want to see if he's alright.", the man replied, taking a sip of his wine.

"Will he even remember you? It's been so long.", she wondered.

"No child could ever forget the face of their father, or mother. No matter how long it would have been since we last spoke.", he replied.

"But s-", she started to say, but started choking violently. Her mouth became filled with blood, as it entered her windpipe and into her lungs - dying of asphyxiation.

"Saera!", he screamed.

Suddenly, a Miraluka in onyx-colored robes appeared out of thin air. He was using the Force Camouflage technique.

"Who the h-", he managed to say, before the Miraluka raised his hand. He used the Force to crush the man's trachea, until he felt the man's life dim until he was truly dead. He released his grip, slumping the body on the floor.

"Javir, Saera and Korre Athzaria are dead.", the Miraluka said into his comlink.

"Excellent work Zhein. This should undoubtedly lure Varik away from Tython.", Javir replied, in a stone-cold voice.

"Forgive me Master, but what is so important about Varik? He's only one Jedi.", Zhei wondered.

"Yes, just as you are only one Sith. Do not dismiss the threat of a single individual. Often, it is a single person that changes the face of the galaxy - whether for good or ill.", Javir replied. "Varik will undoubtedly bring others, so when he walks within Iziz, you are to tread carefully."

"What other plans are you going to set in motion?", Zhein asked.

"You'll know in due time, Zhein. I already have plans for the King's death. My role as Head Councilor of the Council of Lords should allow me to be the successor. But for now, hunt the others of the Athzaria family. Uncles, aunts, cousins, and especially his spacer brother - Tayren.", Javir replied.

"And then Iziz shall be ours. I'll get to work immediately, Master.", Zhein said, shutting off the comlink.

He moved to the bodies, picking them up. As he walked to the balcony, he felt the rushing water of a river flowing just outside the wall, via Force Sight. An adequate place to hide the bodies. As he turned, he saw a protocol droid standing in the doorway.

"What did you do to my masters?", H4-7X inquired.

Without a second thought, he fired lightning at the droid's photoreceptors, blinding and disabling it. He walked past the door to dump the bodies into the river.

Archived