Home

New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't read too much into it, IF LA planned a KIII at all at this point TOR seems to be it. They know/knew there were still profits to be made due to high sales of K1 & 2 so they bundled them together to make some more money. Wish they would consider bundling them for the 360 though, HD would be nice - not a necessity but would still be nice (since Ninja Gaiden, Silent Hill & Devil May Cry all got HD remakes)

KotOR III is not going to happen in the near future. This bundle may very well be just to help raise interest in The Old Republic. Is it US-only, EU-only, or both?

I wouldn't mind having a DVD version of the first game.

If they could somehow tweak the game so it could utilize HD and run smoothly on 360 I'd be willing to buy them all over again, but from what I understand in order to do that they'd basically have to recreate the entire game all over again.

But it sounds like this is something like "rome total war gold edition" where they just put both games into a one new box. Definitely a good way to get some new players to the games, but I don't see how it implies a KOTOR 3 at all.

If they could somehow tweak the game so it could utilize HD and run smoothly on 360 I'd be willing to buy them all over again, but from what I understand in order to do that they'd basically have to recreate the entire game all over again.

But it sounds like this is something like "rome total war gold edition" where they just put both games into a one new box. Definitely a good way to get some new players to the games, but I don't see how it implies a KOTOR 3 at all.

I would definitely be up for new 360 versions, that would be amazing!

• 4 weeks later...
KotOR III is not going to happen in the near future. This bundle may very well be just to help raise interest in The Old Republic.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Looking to make a buck on KOTOR again as well as create interest for their struggling MMO. I don't see KOTOR 3 ever happening. They finished the story arc with TOR and the Revan tie-in novel.

That is one thing I wouldn't mind being retconned..

Edit: Speaking of TOR, Bioware just started doing free character transfers between specific servers in order to populate them. For the record, SWG didn't do this until 2009, six years in. Didn't want to double post, but this definitely shows the game is struggling...

Edit: Speaking of TOR, Bioware just started doing free character transfers between specific servers in order to populate them. For the record, SWG didn't do this until 2009, six years in. Didn't want to double post, but this definitely shows the game is struggling...

Really...I thought it showed that BioWare is new to MMOs. They opened too many servers at the start, then have steadily made every other PR mistake to run off the extreme MMOer and the more casual KotOR fan.

As far as the game itself, there is no doubt in my mind that it is the greatest Star Wars and perhaps the best video game I have ever played. However player experiences may differ...I did the smuggler story first, which was great...the Jedi Consular story on the other hand was just meh at best.

So while the subscription is down from 1.7 million to 1.3 million it is hardly struggling. Just like SWG, TOR is just suffering from overly exaggerated expectations and a company that while they know how to produce entertaining games, knows nothing about pandering to the demands of the MMO crowd. Just everyone want to say if a MMO does not reach WOW numbers that is a failure, which anyone that has played TOR knows isn't the case. You may not like certain elements of the game or the readily apparent lack of experience BioWare has in maintaining and customer service for a MMO, but I will argue from experience with anyone that says TOR is not entertaining and well done for what it is.

To the topic: Cool if it is a update, I will buy them both for a third time. However, KotOR 3 is dead... Also TOR did not kill KotOR3, Lucas Arts did long before TOR happened.

real fans want to play KOTOR III not a damn MMO... (my opinion)

If it is your opinion then say "as a fan I want to play KOTOR III, not a damn MMO" because you make it sound like those of us playing TOR are not real fans. Which is not correct.

• 2 weeks later...
There are widescreen mods for both games that, while not perfect, work quite well.

Yeah, I know. But this would be a good opportunity to make an official one already built-in.

P.S: Just noticed that it's a DVD version. Better than those 3/4 CD's for each game.

Nice, I've recently had all the cds of both games stolen and I'd love to have it on DVD version (what a lazy job on the cover, though), plus with some built inj widescreen and W7 support ot boot. If this was an HD re-release, like some console games, it would be even better.

Nice, I've recently had all the cds of both games stolen and I'd love to have it on DVD version (what a lazy job on the cover, though), plus with some built inj widescreen and W7 support ot boot. If this was an HD re-release, like some console games, it would be even better.

Ya know, I'd really love an HD console release, that would be amazing!

Would consider picking it up at that price b/c one of my Kotor install discs is scratched and I can't install the game anymore. Fact that it'd be a 1 disc install makes it that much more appealing. Still, this kind of smacks of the Lucas strategy of rereleasing stuff every so often to refill the coffers. As for K3.....will believe it when it's actually out on the shelves and not before (ie, ain't holding my breath 'cause life's too short as it is).

Archived