Home

New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are several opinions, but, from what I've gathered, the KotOR fans are angry because of the blatant attempt to pigeon-hole them into paying a monthly fee to play an MMO, while the MMO crowd is angry because TOR is basically a single-player RPG with some MMO elements added that closely copy WoW, and, therefore, bring nothing new and original to the table. Basically, it appears that BioWare got caught in the classic trap of trying to please everybody and ended up pleasing nobody.

So, I guess that LA, EA and BW would've been better off just listening to the fans and making KotOR 3. Gotta say I told ya' so. :p

So basically, it plays sort of like Final Fantasy XII, except that it actually aims to be an MMO and has a monthly fee?

I loved FFXII, but I have to say that this is kind of a bad idea. :/

Honestly though, they could still make KotOR III by setting it either shortly after KotOR II or at the lead-up to and/or during the Great Galactic War, prior to the Treaty of Coruscant. I don't see it being hard...

*Sigh.* But then, the Great Galactic War era is already too well-documented at this point to offer any real mystery, isn't it?

Excuse the ignorance but where would I find a direct link for the PAL version and from a distributor that ships to New Zealand.

I can pay Paypal or VISA

Cheers!

p.s. I wonder if an XBox version will arrive one day - I own the xbox versions and PC ones... a bit like most of us here ;-)

That's a great picture. I'm sure that little girl caused the entire thing. :p

XD

I'm pretty sure she (the ship itself) hit an iceberg.

Unless.....*gasp*......she hijacked the cockpit/main room/control room (idk what the main room is called on a ship as big as that) without anyone realizing and steered her into an iceberg!!!!!!

It is very mod-friendly. However, UniWS does not work on the new EXE's provided. If you want to play it in widescreen, you will need a cracked EXE. The bright side about that is that the Windows 7 stability fixes do not seem to be related to the EXE's, as both games are just as stable with cracked EXE's bearing previous version numbers. The only other real difference between the new bundle versions and previous versions is that they may offer a different installation path than the others (for example, the installation directory that KotOR offers is C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, as opposed to the usual SWKotOR folder; however, this is negligible and no issues will arise out of what you choose to name the directory). Just note that if there are any glitches, they are probably vanilla or stem from mod conflicts. They did not tweak any other aspects of these games other than OS stability and newer EXE's--otherwise, they have all the same advantages and drawbacks as the previous versions (i.e. TSL being buggy as all hell without TSLRCM or other mass bugfix mods).

The long and short of it is: yes, it is. Buy and mod away.

So, as for advantages:

Single DVD for each game ✔

Recent OS compatibility ✔

Updated versions with the latest patch ?

Yes.

I've heard that all or most of the mods created for the original versions are incompatible, though. Is this true?

No. That is a bad claim and whoever made it should feel bad.

Its not so much a thing of money as it is a thing of a hassle. You see,

I currently have both my KotOR games installed with a large amount of mods and for each one I have done some modifications of my own either to make mods compatible or just add a small personal touch. I don't remember all of these things off the bat, so I would have to re-install both games, reinstall all the mods that I want, make the changes that I know right off the bat, then start playing through the game and seeing things that I had changed in the past, exit the game, make the changes and then keep playing until I have made all the changes to my liking.

:p

Archived