Home

Anyone try Diablo III

Prime

Haven't really gotten excited (or "as" excited) for it as I thought I'd be... I must be going through a "meh phase" as I've slacked off on ToR, Skyrim and ME3 (and newer games in general). Actually playing/modding FO3... again... *sigh*

May or may not check it out soon enough.. however like leXX I'll be getting Torchlight II for sure. At least that's sparked some interest in my gaming habit...

Placed my pre-order on Steam last nite in fact, so fingers are crossed...

Haven't really gotten excited (or "as" excited) for it as I thought I'd be... I must be going through a "meh phase" as I've slacked off on ToR, Skyrim and ME3 (and newer games in general). Actually playing/modding FO3... again... *sigh*

I gotta say, something about gaming is getting...boring?

I gotta say, something about gaming is getting...boring?

Not sure of it's 'gaming' per se or if it's just because all the games lately are the same recycled formula.. who knows :giveup:

That, or I'm just confirming my old pharte status.. hehe

Anywhozzels, not to distract from Prime's thread.. Diablo III DOES look awesome.. but I just don't have that same 'giddiness' I did when say, Diablo II first came out. Maybe there's a point why most things nowadays go with trilogies and end it there.. ;)

Don't worry Chainz, you're not alone. I find it very hard to get excited about games these days too. The only game I can say I'm really excited about atm is Guild Wars 2, everything else is just keeping my boredom at bay until it comes out. I think age does have a lot to do with it, we've been there, done that too many times to count by now. It really is just recycled gaming at this point. I was excited about Diablo 3 a couple years ago, but after watching gameplay videos of Torchlight II, I knew I would much prefer that, and I absolutely loved the first one.

Can't believe ChAiNz would even write something like that about Skyrim, yes I'm sure the game does get a little dull after you played it every waking hour for a month. Most of last November and December I got a little concerned about ChAiNz when I logged into Steam and he was not there, which wasn't often (Lynk and company most likely think the same about me in TOR).

I'm really thinking about Diablo III, just going to wait until I hear from others playing it, don't have the time right now to play everything I want to play.

Can't believe ChAiNz would even write something like that about Skyrim, yes I'm sure the game does get a little dull after you played it every waking hour for a month. Most of last November and December I got a little concerned about ChAiNz when I logged into Steam and he was not there, which wasn't often (Lynk and company most likely think the same about me in TOR).

I'm really thinking about Diablo III, just going to wait until I hear from others playing it, don't have the time right now to play everything I want to play.

I've heard very little from others. But from I've heard, most people are raging because of server issues, whereas others look past that and at the game itself and say that it's just as good as Diablo II.

hehe.. don't get me wrong... LOVE me some Skyrim, but after 400+ hours on my largest save atm, I had to take some downtime :lol:

I'll probably give Diablo III a shot eventually. I noticed it's not on Steam though, so it may be even longer before I check it out. Never liked Battlenet.. not sure I trust them with my card and brick-n-morter store visits are few and far between working hours. Weekend stuff at best.

Demon Hunter though... will be playing Demon Hunter class first if I do get around to starting it.. hehe.

400+ hours? You deserve a medal.

:lol: yeah....

ChAiNz.2da + Betheseda = EPIC hours invested playthroughs

pretty sad.. but at least I'm consistent. Can't tell you how long (in years) I've played Morrowind. Fallout 3 is looking to be the next "go-to" contender for me.

Was that 400 hours all spent on original content; as in like, new quests/dungeons/etc..or was 50 hours of it spent arranging your weapons in display cases?

I've only put in about 80 hours on my first character, and for various reasons have not been able to play my 360 lately. I'm curious to see how much I still have left to experience.

Was that 400 hours all spent on original content; as in like, new quests/dungeons/etc..or was 50 hours of it spent arranging your weapons in display cases?

I've only put in about 80 hours on my first character, and for various reasons have not been able to play my 360 lately. I'm curious to see how much I still have left to experience.

I could go for days on Elder Scrolls, but I'm afraid I've bogarted Prime's thread far too much. I will say I've explored just about everything in the world by now though.

Anywho.. no more derailing from me Prime! Promise! :lol:

---

On Topic:

This isn't looking so good for Blizzard :(

Diablo 3 user review average plumits to 3.6 on Metacritic

Angry PC gamers have responded to Blizzard's server woes by submitting hundreds of negative Diablo 3 reviews and dragging its average down to a lowly 3.6.

A total of 1965 user reviews have been submitted at the time of writing and 914 of those are listed as negative. The fury has been shotgunned at the game in general, its connection woes and the always-on internet requirement.

Source

I didn't realize you had to be "always-on" to play? When did this sneak past me? Or is this something similar to Steam's approach (which admittedly, isn't really an issue for me).

You've just all been playing too much, perhaps.

I gave it a go insanely during the free-trial weekend and I enjoyed it immensely, despite how easy it was. Not worried one bit with difficulty or quality as this is Blizzard. But seeing as I'm caught between midterms and crushing times at internship I barely have the time to keep up with my current amigdalitis. Which is fine, since server issues would have kept me from playing anyway.

I'm eagely waiting to give it another go. And another. And another.

I didn't realize you had to be "always-on" to play? When did this sneak past me? Or is this something similar to Steam's approach (which admittedly, isn't really an issue for me).

Listen to this, it pretty much sums it all up...

Listen to this, it pretty much sums it all up...

Nice commentary. Definitely brings a lot of things to light. Thanks for the linkage leXX :D

Looks like it will be a definite Torchlight II endeavor for me.. pretty much just lost interest in Diablo III after listening to it...

Shame too for Blizzard.. hoped they would've been smarter than that. :(

Archived