Home

TSL - Darth Malak model animations

Looking for a little insight from those with greater knowledge than me...I've been messing around with the Darth Malak model and its animations. For those who are unfamiliar..the tsl Malak is missing some animations, so if you use the character as an npc or pc he stands still during combat for certain animations. Short story.

Here's my question. I loaded up K1 for the first time in many years to get a look at the malak model in K1 to do some comparisons. To my surprise it has the same animations as the TSL model. So I figured maybe they did something different on the .utc for module sta_m45ad to compensate. Copied those details and transferred it over to my .utc file in K2. Helped a little. Now I haven't played K1 in years, but I don't recall Malak in the final fight scene having any delays or pauses. Were there issues with his animations in K1? Looking at animations2da and combatanimations2da...both seem identical for relevant animations. Can't understand why it would work for one game and not the other.

Thoughts?

Somebody fixed it a while back though.

Marius Fett fixed the Malak animations and bundled them with his Jedi Malak reskin. Unfortunately, when clicking on the download link later in the thread, you'll get an error on the KOTORFiles site saying that the file was deleted - even though you can find the link through the site's search engine.

Oops - too late.

Are you making a distinction between the regular attack and others such as critical strike, power strike, and flurry strike? I've seen that happen before...

Basically what I am wondering is why does Malak look fluid in one game and not the other when it is the same model with the same animations.

There are 4Malak models in TSL. Jedi Malak with good face and jedinrobes. This is the one from the vision in the tomb on Korriban . Then there are 3 Darth Malak models. Which are holdovers from K1. The main model, the jawless model from a cutscenes, and a third model without his flowing cape. I compared both main models from k1 and K2 and they have the same animations.

Wondering if maybe they controlled it via script or something. Both animations from 2da are the same for the relevant animations

K1 malak does have 2 differet scripts on his template....OnSpawn is k_psta_spndthdmg..and his UserDefined is...k_psta_ud_mal7

I already tried decompiling them with DeNCS....didn't work. Does anyone know if there is a K1 decompiler or a good NWN decompiler?

Archived