Home

Possibly A Simple Mod: Helena

Christos K

Basically I would like to move Helena, Bastila's mother, to right outside the Cantina on Tatooine.

I am requesting this because A, ever since I installed Tatooine Job Office, it looks like Helena will not spawn, but I like that mod so I won't uninstall it. And B, the Cantina always runs a bit laggy on my PC so it would be nice to have her placed right in front of the Cantina instead.

From my slight knowledge of modding, this shouldn't be a difficult thing to do so if someone knows exactly what to do you can just let me know so I can do my own damn work. :p

Thanks!

I don't know if it's that simple... Helena will spawn on a condition that is probably handled in the OnEnter script of the cantina... So you'll have to delete that part from the cantina and edit it into the OnEnter script of Anchorhead / find another way to spawn her.

Admittedly scripting her spawn point outside of the cantina will be fairly easy. But I don't know about the possibility to remove that part from the cantina (So she doesn't spawn twice ;)). You can try decompiling the OnEnter script of the cantina and removing her spawn part but I'm not sure if that works.

Fastmaniac

No, you'll have to take a closer look at the OnEnter script of the cantina (the original version) and copy the part of Helena's spawning conditions (etc.) into the OnEnter of Anchorhead or using a new script and a conversation to spawn her, or anything else... Just copying the OnEnter will messup the whole area...

It really shouldn't be hard. Just do what fastmaniac said and you'll be fine. You will have to decompile the onenter script for the cantina and the one for the tatooine streets. Then take the segment of coding from the cantina and put it in the streets script. From there you may have to add a waypoint depending on how she is spawned. Your last step would be to finally compile the scripts and test it out. Since I have never used the decompile tools I have no idea how they work. But I think you should be able to get this done in 30 minutes to an hour.

I can't tell you right off the bat what it is but you can easily find it. You will want to open up the .are file for whatever module you're working with and then scroll down to the OnEnter Script field. The name of the script you want is right there.

Archived