Home

getting lightsabers kotor2

kotor2guy

so ive been to all the planets on the map, as well as goto's ship, ive defeated every jedi ive come across, and i only have 2 lightsabers..i have 5 jedi in my party..is this how the game is supposed to be? because this sucks...i didnt get a single lightsaber from the remains of the jedi masters, only their useless robes...can some expert tell me if this is really the design of the game? because this is awful and a waste of time and money if i cant get lightsabers for my friends too...jedi dont use vibroblades their whole lives from what i know about star wars

does it affect the game if im over level 35? because there is a glitch, or something like it, on korriban, where you come across a corpse that everytime you click on it, 2 hyssis show up..so i would click it about 15 times and 30 hyssis would appear and i would kill them all then do it again til i was level 40..

Yeah, the lightsaber drop script is based on level. Around lvl 33 you can still get drops, but above that it just becomes impossible since your level is higher than the max. level of lightsaber numbers available after the calculation which color you're getting.

So either;

1) Don't cheat yourself that high level, and get lightsabers as regular.

2) Use TSLRCM 1.8 as soon as it's released. Of course it also fixes the Hssiss exploit...

• 3 weeks later...
I played through the entire game once and only got short lightsaber. I felt like I was at a munchkin convention

That's harsh, man. I got only 2 shorties once.

Well, don't cheat your level that high, and you should be just fine...

:/

Like using an obvious exploit? And don't tell me THAT isn't cheating. Granted it is the only way to reach lv 50 b/c the game is unfinished and unbalanced. But an exploit is still an exploit. Exploits are cheats.

Why the heck do you cheat yourself to max level on your first game anyway?

Well MY MY MY aren't we high and mighty? >:-]

With all due respect I was a gray jedi and neutral my first game so I could not gain access to Ludo Kressh's tomb and thus the exploit. I think I got somewhere between lv 26 and lv 30. So I ***tried*** to do it without. Part of the reason being I just couldn't go everywhere, but even so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference if you just use the spawnpoint just once (as probably was intended). So your assumption of my "first game" is laughable.

Secondly when you consider that the hississ exploit (a cheat regardless of WHY), is the ONLY way to get to lv 50 you start to notice you can't die in that spot even with 0 HP and all you're doing is repetitively spamming...whatever you do to kill the hississ. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over........ aaaannnnnnd over again until you finally get there at LV50.

Without exploiting, well, obviously you don't get all the XP needed to make lv 50.

So to answer your question, "why"?

TIME. Priorities. I'd rather not spend 3 hours or so, grinding and spamming a cheat. I'd like it too if I could just level up to max in due course, but that's not possible, and if you played the game through the whole way, then you'd know that too.

Good day sir.

Wait? I am confused... what? :?

Pretty sure I wasn't talking to you anyway. Where did YOU state your only game was cheated. Like Jedi93?

Also, wheter you can die there or not depends on your alignment. LS cannot die but do not recharge the Force. DS can die, but their Force points regenerate.

Still, not sure who the hell you're talking to there...

Wait? I am confused... what? :?

Pretty sure I wasn't talking to you anyway.

Very well.

Where did YOU state your only game was cheated. Like Jedi93?

I did not, however post #8 didn't say that either. :raise:--

I played through the entire game once and only got short lightsaber. I felt like I was at a munchkin convention

If you're referring to a post in another thread, please quote it.

Since I was talking about the savegame editor, which can also be considered a cheat, it seemed like you were addressing me. If that wasn't your intent, sorry to have a laugh at your expense.

Also, wheter you can die there or not depends on your alignment. LS cannot die but do not recharge the Force. DS can die, but their Force points regenerate.

That has not been consistent for me. I've had other bugs creep up as well.

Still, not sure who the hell you're talking to there
Was talking to you.

Archived