Home

LucasArts to Reveal Secret Title at E3

from egmnow.com

E3 is a great time for surprises, and wouldn’t it be great if LucasArts finally revealed Battlefront 3? Now I’m not saying they will, but when you get an invitation to come see an “unannounced game in development,” you can’t help but be optimistic. So, being the curious lad that I am, asked whether or not this unannounced title would have lightsabers in it. The answer wasn’t confirmed, but it wasn’t denied either. There has been numerous posts about Battlefront 3 being in the works, then being canceled, so anything is possible.

LucasArts did confirm they were using the Unreal 3 engine for a couple of games; an aerial combat game being one of them. Maybe an X Wing vs Tie Fighter title is in the works? What do you guys think? How about a new Jedi Knight game?

It's probably Star Wars 1313, the game Lucasfilm trademarked earlier this month.

It's rumored to be a game based on Boba Fett (due to him using the alias CT-1313 in a Star Wars novel).

I'm just hoping that whatever is revealed at E3 was developed by LucasArts in-house. It's their 30th anniversary this year, and it would be a shame to celebrate it with only a licensed title from an outside developer.

It's probably Star Wars 1313, the game Lucasfilm trademarked earlier this month.

It's rumored to be a game based on Boba Fett (due to him using the alias CT-1313 in a Star Wars novel).

I'm just hoping that whatever is revealed at E3 was developed by LucasArts in-house. It's their 30th anniversary this year, and it would be a shame to celebrate it with only a licensed title from an outside developer.

This. Seems to be the most logical conclusion anyway.

Check this out from last year.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/is_lucasarts_making_a_first_person_shooter

Apparently, it's going to be a first person shooter.

It's probably going to be 1313, but I'm hoping for Dark Forces 3 or Jedi Knight 4.

So what we have to far...

An

* Unreal Engine 3 Powered

* Boba Fett

* First Person Shooter

* Called "1313"

Ahem...

Here's the trademark.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85613835

"Interactive entertainment software and accompanying instruction manuals sold as a unit, namely, computer game software and manuals sold as a unit, video game software and manuals sold as a unit; video game software, computer game software, and pre-recorded compact discs and DVDs featuring games, films, animation, music, computer game software, and video game software; downloadable video game software and downloadable computer game software; computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones"

I found that LucasArts is in fact working on 3 different games at the moment.

In May 2012, Lucasarts filed a trademark for a videogame called "Star Wars 1313" http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85613835

In September of last year, they were hiring for a first person shooter, an action adventure game, and an aerial combat game

http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasarts-hiring-for-fps-aerial-combat-games-6334433.

In April of last year, they licensed Unreal Engine 3. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/26/lucasarts-licenses-unreal-engine-3-for-long-term-multi-project/

The action-adventure game may be Star Wars 1313.

The FPS game may be a new Jedi Knight game.

The aerial combat game may either be a new X-wing game or Rogue Squadron game.

Spike TV Launches Into Hyperspace With The World Premire Of The Next Big “Star Wars” Game Franchise

RETURN TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY AS SPIKE TV LAUNCHES INTO HYPERSPACE WITH THE WORLD PREMIRE OF THE NEXT BIG “STAR WARSTM” GAME FRANCHISE

Experience Every Thrill of the Saga Leading Up to the World Premiere with the “Star Wars” Movie Marathon This Weekend

New York, NY – May 25, 2012 – Calling all Jedi, Sith Lords and Bounty Hunters! Spike TV and Lucasfilm today announced that the network will be airing all six of the “Star Wars” movies throughout Memorial Day weekend beginning tonight, Friday May 25 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The movie marathon airs just days before Spike TV’s plans to exclusively unveil the newest game franchise in the “Star Wars” universe, which will debut at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo. A first look at this top secret project will be revealed on Thursday, May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of Spike’s hit video game show “GTTV,” followed by the live world gameplay premiere of this new “Star Wars” franchise during the network’s “E3 All Access Live” primetime special on June 4 at 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT.

“I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new ‘Star Wars’ title,” said Geoff Keighley, Host and Executive Producer, Spike TV’s “E3 All Access Live” special. “I can’t wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it.”

During the GTTV pre-E3 episode, Geoff Keighley travels to San Francisco for exclusive behind-the-scenes access into the LucasArts studio. GTTV also meets with the LucasArts’ development team to reveal the name and concept behind this game and introduces viewers to the talented artists who are bringing the E3 demo to life.

On June 4, the eve of E3 2012, viewers will get to enjoy the live world gameplay premiere of the new “Star Wars” property during Spike’s “E3 All Access Live” primetime special beginning at 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT. The project’s creative director will join the “All Access” team live in-studio to debut footage of the game and will answer questions from fans in real-time through the show’s interactive and social media hub operated by social media correspondent, Justine Ezarik.

Spike’s “E3 All Access Live” multi-platform special will provide gamers with over 40 gaming exclusives and special guest interviews with more than 17 hours of coverage across multiple platforms, including TV, online, mobile social and more. The live program will feature the industry’s top press conference events, breaking gaming news and announcements, never-before-seen trailers and gameplay footage, exclusive interviews with the biggest names in gaming and entertainment and more.

“GTTV with Geoff Keighley” on Spike TV is a weekly, entertaining and informative magazine-style show that provides viewers with expanded editorial content and an all-new level of interaction online at GameTrailers.com. Each week, the full high-definition episode is immediately posted to GameTrailers.com and available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network following the on-air broadcast.

Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is http://www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

It's Star Wars, and it's a new property.

Sadly it's no RPG:

logo.png

hero1j.jpg

LucasArts Drops Gamers into the Criminal Underworld with New Mature Themed Videogame Franchise, Star Wars 1313™

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif - May 31, 2012 - LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, announced today a new internally developed videogame franchise, Star Wars 1313™. The game will make its formal debut at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles June 5-7. As players take control of a lethal bounty hunter in a never-before-seen dark and mature world, Star Wars 1313 introduces an integrated development approach by bringing together great artists across the Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound. A third person cinematic action adventure game, Star Wars 1313 will bring to life the Coruscant underworld, the most dangerous place in the Star Wars™ galaxy.

Named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant, the game puts players in control of a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a hero who uses human skills and gadgets, rather than supernatural Force powers, to make his way through this dangerous world.

"We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing," said Paul Meegan, President, LucasArts. "Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit. We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself."

Official Site

"We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing".

Good, it seems it was developed in-house. :) I hate seeing LucasArts reduced to a mere licensor and/or publisher of Lucasfilm properties.

They didn't mention their 30th anniversary though, which was a bit odd. Hopefully they'll do something at E3. I still remember seeing their 20th anniversary celebration at E3. It was my first and only E3, and that was the biggest memory I took from it, seeing the LucasArts 20th anniversary video playing on the multi-screen setup at the lobby. :)

"We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing".

Good, it seems it was developed in-house. :) I hate seeing LucasArts reduced to a mere licensor and/or publisher of Lucasfilm properties.

They didn't mention their 30th anniversary though, which was a bit odd. Hopefully they'll do something at E3. I still remember seeing their 20th anniversary celebration at E3. It was my first and only E3, and that was the biggest memory I took from it, seeing the LucasArts 20th anniversary video playing on the multi-screen setup at the lobby. :)

Does LucasArts also realise its the 25th anniversary of the SCUMM engine this year?

I doubt anyone at "LucasArts" even knows what SCUMM is.

I see George Lucas has retired again. How about devoting some time to fixing your once-great games company? All he has to do is fire everyone, get all the old people back, and make sure there's always pizza. Amazing games will come :)

Archived