Home

Lucas Arts to Reveal Secret Title at E3

TripHammer

Apparently Lucas Arts has been handing out invitations to select members of the press for a secret title reveal at E3.

E3 is a great time for surprises, and wouldn’t it be great if LucasArts finally revealed Battlefront 3? Now I’m not saying they will, but when you get an invitation to come see an “unannounced game in development,” you can’t help but be optimistic. So, being the curious lad that I am, asked whether or not this unannounced title would have lightsabers in it. The answer wasn’t confirmed, but it wasn’t denied either. There has been numerous posts about Battlefront 3 being in the works, then being canceled, so anything is possible.

LucasArts did confirm they were using the Unreal 3 engine for a couple of games; an aerial combat game being one of them. Maybe an X Wing vs Tie Fighter title is in the works? What do you guys think? How about a new Jedi Knight game?

Source

If you run down the list of possible games... it's a small list.

I like to be hopeful but lets be real. Its probably either some stupid expansion for TOR or a terrible clone wars game that they'll push out as fast as possible and market to 10 year olds. I want to be optimistic and I hope I'm wrong, I just seriously doubt any announcement they make now a days.

I can't be sure what the announcement is. The buzz I started hearing originated from the Spike announcement I believe, which mentioned new Star Wars "franchise". That leads me to believe this announcement has to do with a new game not a sequel... and it may have something to do with Bounty Hunters with Lucas Arts trademarking "Star Wars 1313" not too long ago. The fett reference screams from that. Boba used the alias CT-1313. There was also a bunch of domains registered "StarWars1313.com"... "1313StarWars.com"... etc.

The announcement for this game will be tomorrow on Spike with a full reveal at E3. With that said, I'm still hearing rumors that there will be an announcement for a game from Lucas Arts at E3 separate from the full reveal of the announced game tomorrow May 31st.

That's how rumors go once the rumor mill starts turning. No proof.. only speculation... and wait.

I can't be sure what the announcement is. The buzz I started hearing originated from the Spike announcement I believe, which mentioned new Star Wars "franchise". That leads me to believe this announcement has to do with a new game not a sequel... and it may have something to do with Bounty Hunters with Lucas Arts trademarking "Star Wars 1313" not too long ago. The fett reference screams from that. Boba used the alias CT-1313. There was also a bunch of domains registered "StarWars1313.com"... "1313StarWars.com"... etc.

The announcement for this game will be tomorrow on Spike with a full reveal at E3. With that said, I'm still hearing rumors that there will be an announcement for a game from Lucas Arts at E3 separate from the full reveal of the announced game tomorrow May 31st.

That's how rumors go once the rumor mill starts turning. No proof.. only speculation... and wait.

If you're correct, I'm hoping it's Star Wars Bounty Hunter 2 (1 was incredibly good), playing as Boba. And as they've started the Boba Fett is Dead comic storyline, more Boba could well make sense.

Archived