Home

Best superhero movie(s) of all time?

mimartin

Best Superhero Movies(s) of all time?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movies(s) of all time?

• Superman (Richard Donner films)
    • Superman (Bryan Singer)
    • Batman (Tim Burton films)
    • Batman (Christopher Nolan films)
    • Spider-Man (Sam Raimi films)
    • Iron Man (Jon Favreau films)
    • X-Men (Bryan Singer films)
    • X-Men: First Class
    • Watchmen
    • Thor (2011)
    • Captain America (2011)
    • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
    • The Avengers

Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, followed by Bryan Singer's X-Men. Really liked X-Men 2 especially though I do not count X-Men 3. Didn't like that one nearly as much as the first two, and since it's a different director I'll exclude it completely. But definitely Batman Begins and TDK win, soooo good!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to pay closer attention to the polls. I'm a bit late, but whatever...

I voted Tim Burton's Batmen...Batmans...Bat...baseball...

I like the character development of Bruce Wayne in the new films, but Tim Burton just made Batman look so awesome. Plus, the Batmobile was ten times better looking in the Burton movies. The new Batmobile, while cool, isn't as iconic. It could be in the GI Joe movies and fit perfectly, but Burton's Batmobile is THE Batmobile. There's no mistaking it for Butch's new joyrider. I think that's true of many things in the new movies, they just don't scream "Batman" quite as much, though I think that's somewhat the point to make it a bit more "real" or whatever.

I also voted for the Donner Superman movies. Christopher Reeve is Superman and, just as important, Margot Kidder set the bar for Lois Lane way over the top of the bar jumping...thingy. It's a shame that movies three and four took such sharp nosedives, but the first two are great movies.

The last movie I voted for is Watchmen. The only modern movie to get my vote. I think like a lot of people, I saw the trailers and thought "so, it's a parody?" Nope. Though the heroes are based on other characters but, it's not about them. It's about the people under the masks and is the most realistic super hero movie ever made from a purely humanistic standpoint. I think it does a great job of looking at what kind of person would be a super hero and how the public would react to them. Oh, and of course there's Rorschach who makes Wolverine look like the poster boy for the Boy Scouts.

So there are my (late to the party) votes and reasons. I like most comic movies, but few are much better than popcorn movies. The ones I voted for, I feel, really stand the test of time and have that quality that makes them stick with you long after the credits roll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How could Batman win iron man could take him out any day. :D

I am not really a huge super hero fan anyways. I think they are generally the worst and corniest movies.

Out b4 Comic book junkies show up on my doorstep in nothing but their "man of steel" tighty whities and jump me.

May have to write a wall-of-text here. Bear with me.

Superheroes have always been the prime-time of entertainment, some are greatly written and others you just see for the sake of it or to see an awesome bad-ass beat up thugs and other stuff. However, in this conversation, this isn't about who is stronger more of which storyline is stronger, which character do you think is most well developed.

I have just seen TDKR, and I have to say I was pretty damn amazed. While nobody can replace the great acting of Heath Ledger as the joker, TDKR was a better all around performance (have to mention Aurora here, my condolences to those affected). With Nolan's trilogy of Batman completed, I have to say that it is perhaps the best written Superhero trilogy I have seen yet.

And while it may have not come first, Avengers made a very close second. I was skeptical at first since movies similar to this are usually not good, but I have to say I was very surprised at how well it was done. Definitely looking forward to more production from them in this department. At 3rd, I put in Tony Stark's acting as Iron Man. He is just absolutely perfect at that role and while it does have its flaws (and every series has its flaws, believe me), I think it was done well as well.

If it wasn't for Spiderman 3, I would have made the Spiderman Series in the top 5, but I am interested in the new Spiderman stuff coming out, as I believe that the new movie was well executed.

As a massive Superhero and comic book fan. Its really difficult to choose between many of these. X2 and Spider-Man 2 has always been some of my favorites due to Spidey being my favorite superhero and X-Men being my favorite superhero team. I always love Burton's Batman, especially Batman Returns. Christopher Nolan is overrated, he did a good job but I definitely prefer the style of Marvel films. I really enjoyed The Avengers and think Thor is pretty underrated. DC does best in the animation department.

I'm surprised there is no Hellboy or Hellboy II! Those are some of the best IMO.

I respectfully disagree.

As a massive Superhero and comic book fan. Its really difficult to choose between many of these. X2 and Spider-Man 2 has always been some of my favorites due to Spidey being my favorite superhero and X-Men being my favorite superhero team. I always love Burton's Batman, especially Batman Returns. Christopher Nolan is overrated, he did a good job but I definitely prefer the style of Marvel films. I really enjoyed The Avengers and think Thor is pretty underrated. DC does best in the animation department.

I'm surprised there is no Hellboy or Hellboy II! Those are some of the best IMO.

Nolan's films are alright. The problem (imho) therein with them is that he placed too much importance on realism, thus omitting certain characters from his particular Batman lineup (e.g. Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Man Bat, etc) having only 'realistic' villains/characters means that IF you're going to use someone or something out of the ordinary like for example an ice-powered man, you're going to have to explain it to the audience in a way that it convinces them that it fits within the realm of this 'realistic' world without breaking the aforementioned template (a scientist inventing a freeze ray still sounds way too science fiction/out of the ordinary for a Nolan Batman film).

And I agree about Hell Boy, there should have been an "Other" option if not for Hellboy II.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived