Home

Star Wars 1313

Alexrd

They haven't really said or shown anything new at all aside from reiterating what was shown and talked about during E3.

And naturally as happens with games like this, everyone is jumping to conclusions on what the game is about (me included) when what we should be doing is waiting for more ACTUAL information to be released, something that can give us a clearer indication of where this game is headed and not just a vague talk about style.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did they say that the guy in the vids was just a placeholder? So does that mean we might get to play as someone more well-known?

They did, in an interview. While that does not guarantee we'll be seeing someone more well-known, we most likely will not be seeing the two bozos in this trailer. Personally, I'd prefer they'd come up with an interesting original character, like a Kyle Katarn for the new generation.

You know, we had a very tight schedule, and lots of people working,

1341974462122.jpg

Personally, I'd prefer they'd come up with an interesting original character, like a Kyle Katarn for the new generation.

I don't think Kyle would be 'gritty' (ie. edgy teen) enough for a modern game franchise.

I'm liking the look of that gameplay. I quite like 3PS's.

I like the idea of it being between III & IV, lots of potential there and ever IF there are sensitives/jedi in the game, they will probably be a small/moot point in the bigger picture (like bounty hunter).

I predict a grizzled old dude in a cantina with an eye patch, later turns out he was a Jedi general in the clone wars, and becomes your mentor. Its in every single thing made within the 19 year Rise of the empire era, Prove me wrong LA

How can you not have grit? You can't make a AAA game unless it's super grimdark. It's the law.

Mass Effect and Skyrim weren't grimdark, and they were AAA titles.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing what Star Wars 1313 is bringing to the table. I think this will be LucasArt's comeback to "quality" video gaming after a very long "hit and miss" trial with the Clone Wars series. And I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope it doesn't end up like The Force Unleashed, in which anticipation and hopes were high before release, but ultimately came down as being disappointing after.

I still don't understand why it's called "1313" though. Couldn't LucasArts have come up with something more unique than three random numbers? Unless it's being planned to change.

So, just to get clear, is SW1313 going to be a game kind of purely for ultra high end pcs?

Going by the fact that LA hasn't readily announced the game is coming out for PS3/X360, it seems pretty certain that the game is intended for next-gen consoles. You know, the ones everyone knows are going to be announced next year, but everyone is supposed to pretend they don't exist.

Archived