Home

Star Wars 1313

Alexrd

Saw the gameplay footage, and I'm mildly excited. I loved Dead Space 2, and this certainly has a DS2 feel to it. However, at this point, I'm more looking forward to Dead Space 3 than this game.

Summed me up tbh. This looks meh at best.

E3 this year, in my opinion, has been terrible, with the only two significant things for me being the upcoming SWTOR content and Dead Space 3. Most things involved sport and or fitness...Microsoft's conference was filled with crappy gimmicks and EA made me cry when they showed no DA3 :L

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't expecting anything huge out of this year's E3, so it hasn't been really disappointing for me. I like what I see with Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

And I like what I see in 1313 - by LA standards, this actually looks pretty gold. It at least looks like it's going to be a pretty game to watch (which is something I can appreciate about this generation of video games - even if they're terrible to play, they're at least watchable on YouTube).

I'm not too sure about the combat, though. It looks a little clanky and probably enjoys too much the cover feature. I hope they make it really dynamic.

This.

I don't know what to think of the whole package at the moment. I think I'll wait until I actually play the demo myself, but it looks a bit too flashy for my tastes.

Also, wanna bet that your character ends up being some kind of Force-sensitive in the end?

Right now we have just seen very short clips of this game, so it's only natural a lot of us don't really know what to think. The combat itself looks fine, but there's not really much we saw at all. But what we did see was impact and collisions. When our Bounty Hunter friend took down that enemy he grabbed him, hit him, dragged him over the crate and snapped his neck. This isn't some kind of arcade action game where all of your attacks go through enemies and you swing lightsabers and crap everywhere... as I said, it has impact in its animation. As long as they work the cover system well it'll work out well, it would actually be worse if the game didn't have it to be honest cause really, who would just stand out in the middle of all of those blaster bolts? Perhaps he gets a shield later and he can do that, who knows. But for now,

What Sabre said is true, right now we have some development done on the PC with no other platform announcements and most likely they haven't started porting it to consoles as of yet. But that's great for all of you guys cause it's a PC game being ported to consoles rather than a console game being ported to the PC which is the bane of your existences, I know. That said, it's definitely going to come out on consoles, no doubt about that, so this game is definitely going to come out late 2013 to accommodate that.

Also, I too am really excited about Dead Space 3, but you all know how much I love Dead Space :p 1313 can't compete simply cause it's new and we know jack all about it.

Finally, I pity everyone who think this is the worst E3 ever cause they're obviously totally ignoring what Nintendo will bring to the table :p I on the other hand have so much more to look forward to.

Finally, I pity everyone who think this is the worst E3 ever cause they're obviously totally ignoring what Nintendo will bring to the table :p I on the other hand have so much more to look forward to.

This, and the fact that we've seen Watch Dogs and The Last of Us....But that's off topic.

I just want to see more gameplay footage, and by more I mean longer segments.

I thought we would see more by now. The clips don't say much, unless that it's like some sort of Star Wars version of Uncharted judging from one of the clips. Not that I'm complaining, it looks awesome, but we'll need more gameplay vids to really judge this.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The game looks like it would be entertaining, but it looks like TFU sans Force Powers. The combat looks decent, but I have a feeling that the player won't have as much control over the character as we want.

Sure, all of that is "in-game" footage, but one clip was a cutscene. Another, where it shows the ship going down, you have to wonder how much control you really have over your character. The QTEs might be gone, but that doesn't necessarily mean they freed up the gameplay. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this! Granted, it is early footage. I'm sure down the road we will (hopefully) see more actual gameplay.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be an interesting game to play upon it's release.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The game looks like it would be entertaining, but it looks like TFU sans Force Powers. The combat looks decent, but I have a feeling that the player won't have as much control over the character as we want.

Sure, all of that is "in-game" footage, but one clip was a cutscene. Another, where it shows the ship going down, you have to wonder how much control you really have over your character. The QTEs might be gone, but that doesn't necessarily mean they freed up the gameplay. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this! Granted, it is early footage. I'm sure down the road we will (hopefully) see more actual gameplay.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be an interesting game to play upon it's release.

The Cutscene is in game engine.

I believe they wanted to just show us that this game cut scenes and player playing is the same engine, plus show that this game is more like Uncharted.

I would like to see more information on the story and game levels, like you mention in your post- how much control will players have.

One complaint I have long held for the SW universe is... they don't come across as releases of, well, WAR. Like when I watch war movies and such. Seems more like epic storytellings about the heroes and villains. This title looks like it might change all of that. I certainly do hope so. I would not mind the grunge, dirt and filth. Some of the more down to earth and bloody aspects of warfare. Maybe I'm just trying to humanize it, and it does risk making the experience seem un-starwars-y, but I want to see equipment and intrigue that matches. This looks like it won't disappoint. This may be speaking too soon, though.

What I have seen so far sort of gives me an impression of Dead Space (which at least one other person here noticed), metal gear, and Half Life.

Dare I say it...?

I actually have a feeling this game might turn out ok!

They seem to have a good idea, and another Bounty Hunter game is something i've been waiting for since... Well, since Bounty Hunter back in 2002!

If they go about this the right way, I think this could end up being a good, fun game!

Seconded. Especially the Bounty Hunter part, I don't care what X-Play had to say about it as a game. It was like the first game I played on my first PS2.

Dare I say Star Wars: Mass Effect? it looks RPG'y... :)

Couldn't get too much more M.E. than SWTOR's republic trooper...apparently...

I'm liking the direction that this game is headed. Something tells me it's actually going to be good, but it'll take forever to release.
Worth the wait.

That would be a Thursday. That's not typically a release day.

*checks*

...He's right. O_O

I love Jedi/sith/force-folks, but I hope he's stays a Bounty Hunter, and I hope it has a sad ending.

I hope it has a real ending. A sort of catch 22, not completely happy but left to the eye of the beholder. Sort of your call a moral or value judgment.

Archived