So who's still playing?

swphreak

Do you still play?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

I hear TOR will be F2P up to level 15 in July. I was wondering how many people still played?

I stopped playing after the first month or two due to loss of interest and other games coming along. I love the engaging stories and fully voiced NPCs, but in the end, it still feels the same as any other MMO I've played.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still playing, 2nd month had a break in play for like 2 weeks cause a bulb in my laptop went out. It's my favorite game. I do find myself missing moments in SWG. but that's cause i played that game for like 6 years.

Yep still playing. I'm pretty slow levelling up, but now got two level 50's and it'll be fun teaming up for the endgame stuff.

Also, still really want to do some of the classes, so it'll keep me busy for some time, I think.

Apparently I'll be back on July.

However, does anyone know what happens when you reach level 15? Can you still play, although you stop leveling up? Or do they block the game until you pay for a subscription?

I have subscriptions, but I haven't played for about 3 weeks, and I'll probably give it a miss until 1.3, not because I listen to the "its going f2p" or "it will be dead in a year" Poo-prophets, but because I have a 50, and don't intend to roll alts now server transfers are coming.

The game is incomplete (Expected to a degree, as its relatively new for an MMO) But its certainly not bad, and it has the potential to be Great, and to be around for a long time, f2p maybe, but still around.

I'm waiting for 1.3 now as well. I really don't care about the endgame stuff so much so I NEED the leveling legacy perks for my alts. I hate those side quests so much.i just want to play the class, flash points, and the odd pvp game to level, maybe the planet story quests too...

I'm still playing, although I'm being distracted by other things, games included. TOR is fun, but for me right now it is a single player game. Seems that most of the multiplayer action happens after the end game at level 50 (pve anyway), which I can't be a part of currently. Who knows when I'll get that far. Right now I feel like I am missing out a bit.

The combat is fun, and they do a good job making the grindy work not seem grindy, but I wish there was a lot more interaction with my companions, a la KOTOR. It feels more like NWN were they are hired henchmen that mainly just fight for you and do the dirty work. I guess that should be replaced by other players, but so far that hasn't really happened with me.

I keep flip flopping on whether to keep paying or not. Most of the updates seem to cater to lvl50 players, so I don't care that much about those at this point. There are bugs that I wish would get fixed first (lightsabers!). But like I say I really do enjoy the game, its just a cost/benefit thing. For now I'll keep playing though...

Prime get to Belsavis and I'll roll my trooper with you. Also have my Synthweaving up, so I can make you some decent equipment as you level. I would say I'd catch up with you on my last republic class, but it is also a knight and I've promised the meatbags I'd get my agent to 50 next. Something about making her a healer too.

Once you even get to Hoth, I'll come back there and play your quest with you. Trooper played most of the game with Lynk, so she is not over-leveled. Pretty sure she is level 40.

Still playing but re-rolled on an RP server now. My guild has gone kaputzski and I finally got tired enough of seeing names that IMHO have no place in the SW universe (Cauknokker, Sexualchocolate, Eatmypanties). I should have rolled on an RP server from the start as I originally planned but the guild I joined pre-launch that had originally advertised themselves as RP decided to switch to PvE not too long after I joined and I decided to stick with them. Now that they're mostly gone or moved on to other guilds I've decided it's time to run with the RP crowd.

i got stuck on the end of act 1 on my agent...had to bail out and go to another world, ended up with full sets of broken equipment, no credits...flew to dromund kaas to go ape**** on some low level npcs and get some credits to repair my stuff, then flew to nar shaddaa to do kaliyo's quest and stumbled on the bonus quest series, that boss is going to pay when i get back there. lol

Yes, the 12th of June it begins... But, your server must be dead, and you must go to a same type server. The choice to go where you want and to swap server type will come with a price at a later point, maybe summer, which is when I'll be moving... Most of my Characters are on PVP servers, but since playing this game my choice of pastime has had to be altered, so I want to go to an RP server.

Still playing..still loving it. My Sage is 50th, Sorceror is 24th, and my Knight is 21st. There really isn't many ppl on the server I'm on, and it does start feeling like a single player game sometimes, which can actually be a bit annoying since it's an MMO....

Archived