• Sporadically

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly enough, I just quit.

I love the story.

Loved the voice acting.

I liked the combat mechanics.

in fact loved quite a bit about the game. Which made these two big letdowns all the worse for me, as they were my favorite activities in SWG. And Crafting was always my favorite in all MMO's.

Crafting made me want to beat my hands with a sledgehammer so I would quit trying it, only to realize I could probably do it by simply smashing my face on the keyboard. To me t felt like someone said, "What some people don't like to fight? Oh lets give them this cheap non-combat thing that needs combat to do anything.

Space on the other hand(bloody stump where my hands used to be), was even worse. It was like they said "You know what? You want space so bad, have this. Now shut up and eat your SWTOR!"

Interestingly enough, I just quit.

I love the story.

Loved the voice acting.

I liked the combat mechanics.

in fact loved quite a bit about the game. Which made these two big letdowns all the worse for me, as they were my favorite activities in SWG. And Crafting was always my favorite in all MMO's.

Crafting made me want to beat my hands with a sledgehammer so I would quit trying it, only to realize I could probably do it by simply smashing my face on the keyboard. To me t felt like someone said, "What some people don't like to fight? Oh lets give them this cheap non-combat thing that needs combat to do anything.

Space on the other hand(bloody stump where my hands used to be), was even worse. It was like they said "You know what? You want space so bad, have this. Now shut up and eat your SWTOR!"

...wut? I don't really understand why these would be reasons to quit the game. I haven't done any space missions in months, if you don't want to do them then you don't have to at all, it's COMPLETELY optional.

As for crafting, I've been getting a lot out of crafting and have crafted lots of things for folks in my guild as well as a lot of stuff for myself. I've specialized in Armourmech and Armstech with two of my Republic toons and they're very helpful to everyone.

Crafting is also being expanded in future updates and there will also be more space missions added to the game which you can choose NOT to play too ;)

...wut? I don't really understand why these would be reasons to quit the game. I haven't done any space missions in months, if you don't want to do them then you don't have to at all, it's COMPLETELY optional.

Crafting is also being expanded in future updates and there will also be more space missions added to the game which you can choose NOT to play too ;)[/QUOTe]

Judging by his past in SWG and his YT-1300 avatar I think he means he wants to play Space, but its such an incomplete after-thought on rails, he wants to damage himself :)

The same goes for crafting (Again, don't want to beat the SWG gong over and over again) but when you have crafted in SWG, anything else is laughable.

I wish i could go to the LFN server but im stuck on another my friend irl played on until he quit. Its a terrible server but im too far along to restart. Its a pvp-rp server too....

What Lynk wrote...The Walking Carpets or the Imperial Meatbags can help you get back on track. Although with all honesty, would be way easier on the Republic side.

Like Lynk wrote he is Armourmech and Armstech & I'm BioChem and Synthweaving, so if you or anyone in the guild needs anything all you have to do is ask. We also have people in the guild that are more than willing to fly across the galaxy to help you out if a particular boss or quest is giving you trouble. Mav and Lynk rescued me as I leveled my first toon and I know I have gone to help a few members having problems.

I still have the Jedi Knight to go on the republic side, so if you do decide to come over to Vornskr, I'm more then will to start level her up in case you wanted to do flashpoints or heroics, but from what I've seen with the knight bosses, I may be the one calling for help... :xp:

Any LF member that is still playing, come to Vornskr and I promise I will be more than willing to help you level and/or get geared in anyway I'm capable of helping.

Can you tell I want to keep my Legacy name. :xp:

Seriously though, Lynk is right about our alliance with other guilds...Once you get over 50 there is a lot to do, but it requires people to do it with. We have fallen into the perfect situation with our alliance. They are great people and very fun to do ops/flashpoints with. A couple of them will really tick you off by how good they are at playing this game and how bad you play compared to them, but they are very humble, patient and fun to play with. I have learned a lot playing with the group and I have gotten geared up almost enough to play with Lynk, Jeff, Kus and Mav. :xp:

Oh, I don't do space mission... Do them enough to get my Flygirl title and then I'm done. Don't you get that by doing one quest. :D

@ adam: BioWare has said plenty of times that they get that people want more out of the space missions which is why they'll be vastly expanding them in the future sometime to something which isn't an on-rails Starfox clone.

I'm a fan of the X-Wing and Rogue Squadron games so the space stuff is important to me too, I've played through all of the space missions and know the like the back of my hand but now I've just stopped playing them cause they're not what I want at all.

As for the crafting, yes, it's not what it should be, but like everything else in the game it's always being improved upon. Crafting used to SUCK but it has since gotten better with the 1.2 update. I've done a lot more to help out my guild by crafting augments for them, oh as well as PVP armour as well... now in 1.3 I'll be able to do much more by crafting augment kits which is going to be a high value crafting job which could easily be sold for quite a lot of money on the GTN.

New armour sets are being added too so, as I said, things are improving, it just takes time.

Finally just adding to what mim's saying. We really have a great thing going on on Vornskr. While our two guilds on both sides of the faction line, The Walking Carpets and Imperialist Meatbags are mostly made up of casual players, we're a part of a larger set of guilds who are all supporting each other when it comes to endgame content. We've gotten to know these folks and they're basically just feel like they're an extension of our guild.

I'm not ****ting on TOR, I'm just taking a guess at Tommycat's meaning, I'd like good space but Its secondary to transfers and post-player-creation customisation, and I dont care about crafting in this game so its futile to want something they wont implement.

I like TOR :)

As for Vornskr I'm not gonna roll any more alts man, I can't stomach 50 more levels of side quests lol, I already have a couple of 50's. I will definitely move one to Vornskr when the paid transfers come.

I never said you didn't like TOR :p I was just saying that if stuff isn't up to scratch now, it won't stay like that forever, improvements are always being made. I just don't get it when people think that the game is set in stone and nothing in it will change when so much has already changed in the last few months already.

XD As for levelling... I'm taking ALL of my 8 toons to 50... but only really taking two of them through all the endgame stuff, one on each side.

My point was that to me the crafting was simply boring and too easy. I never expected SWG level of crafting, but to me it just was not fun at all. It also required mats I really had no intention of raiding to get. Not to mention the whole sending out your companions thing started to get old for me. Quite frankly the whole crafting side was just plain bad. It was better and more useful than WoW crafting. But the inherent flaws of the gear system make it pointless.

Space: At first I liked it. But after a while, it just got too predictable. Then it went from predictable to mind-numbingly boring.

Space was always my favorite part of SWG. Crafting was the second favorite. In all other MMO's I preferred crafting. crafting, socializing exploring then combat. Crafting is at best, boring, and at worst useless.

Well yeah, I guess if all you do 100% of the time is crafting then it'd get boring with the game as it is at the moment. In 1.3 it gets a lot better though... but the whole companion thing will never change.

I think i will make a new character on your server. Start over. I have been most interested in playing a guardian or agent.

When you do, sign up in the guild recruitment thread so we can ginvite you.

I actually agree with Tommycat on the companion thing, but without that companion component of crafting I don't think I ever would have had any incentive to interact with any of my companions except for the experience points.

I can’t really see the point of playing the game, unless you are a level freak or enjoy after 50 content. If I only like space missions and crafting I would quit too.

Prime get to Belsavis and I'll roll my trooper with you. Also have my Synthweaving up, so I can make you some decent equipment as you level. I would say I'd catch up with you on my last republic class, but it is also a knight and I've promised the meatbags I'd get my agent to 50 next. Something about making her a healer too.

Once you even get to Hoth, I'll come back there and play your quest with you. Trooper played most of the game with Lynk, so she is not over-leveled. Pretty sure she is level 40.

Thanks dude, I think that would be fun!

Archived