42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, wires got crossed. I mean The Harbinger. I'm from Space Slug as my original server, so I mistyped. Oops, I'll correct my post. I posted it in hopes of finding more "familiar" faces. As is, it's so hard to find old Space Slug friends with names changes and varying schedules. I don't even know how many transferred over yet. I've been friending every "Slugger" I've come across just to make sure I have even remotely familiar faces from "home" as friends.

Happy to say I have been contacted by a few LF members in the past 24 members in game both on the Republic and Imperial side besides the usual guild members. Nice to see you all instead of only seeing the usual suspects of Jeff, Mav and Kus. I make my normal offer wider, since a few are not guild members. I am here to help any Lucas Forum or CA member. Need a level 50 healer or level 50 stealthy DPS, for a world boss, dailies or anything else, just give me a whisper, VM, PM or skype, same goes for equipment, stims or implants....

Working on making that same offer on the Imp side, but right now I only have a level 41 agent over there, but if you need a level 41 DPS agent, she will come.

Any particular time of day that would be good to meet up with any TWC guildies so that I can get an invite back to the guild? I've transferred Miqui (who is now Mi'qui) and Milla (who is now Millá) to the Harbinger. Must say it was a bit of a shock to see so many players online at Fleet after being on a quieter server, but even so, I feel a bit lonely without my fellow guildies there. :(

Still working my way to a level 50.

Wow, you even lost Miqui? Crazy.

Out of my 8 toons, the only ones that didn't have their names taken on The Harbinger were, Dunban, Micaiah and Zelgius (I've since parked these names on The Harbinger).

Lynk, Silvana, Priss, Fiora and Ashnard were all taken. Bah!

Any particular time of day that would be good to meet up with any TWC guildies so that I can get an invite back to the guild?
I'm on most nights by at least 7:00pm central time....Ops usually start at 9:30 pm central (7:30 pm server time), so if I'm on and don't answer, I'm watching peoples health bar instead of the chat. Have a ops tonight and monday night beyond that Leyn'a and Bremiaha will be free.

Only toon that lost her name was Mant'a, 99% of the time I am either on as Bremiaha or Leyn'a, but I am also leveling Sliv'ilia on the Imp side, if you seen none of them just go to guild chat in skype. Most of the time you should find at least one of us in there.

@ Lynk -- Yeah. Who knew Miqui was such a popular name? :s I'm really not bothered too much about it. Got a shock though when I first transfered and her name was listed as ASIFGURAIYIA. ;) For a moment, I actually thought about keeping that one, but the system wouldn't let me.

Drat. :p

@ Mim -- I'll try to catch you sometime this weekend. Time difference means I have to wait til about 1am my time, and as I'm getting sleepy and have to work in the morning, I'll have to go and find you another time. I did level Mi'qui to level 42 tonight, so I'm getting there slowly but surely.

So is there any chance of a list of all the Lucasforums people on The Harbinger? I /who Walking Carpets on my Rep sometimes and see people, but I don't message because I don't know who they are on the forums here. And on my Imp I don't know any of the LFers so I don't know who to talk to there.

Maybe if we could have a topic with the names of most of the LFers' in-game names?

Mine are Hayne on Rep side, Aegean on Imp side.

So is there any chance of a list of all the Lucasforums people on The Harbinger? I /who Walking Carpets on my Rep sometimes and see people, but I don't message because I don't know who they are on the forums here. And on my Imp I don't know any of the LFers so I don't know who to talk to there.

Maybe if we could have a topic with the names of most of the LFers' in-game names?

Mine are Hayne on Rep side, Aegean on Imp side.

We've got a guild roster for the Walking Carpets that should easily tell which people are which in-game, an Imperialist Basterds guild roster is on its way. By the way, I've added your imp character to my friends list because, if I recall, you wanted the character added to the guild. Haven't seen you online yet, but maybe that's because I haven't been on as much these last few days. :p My main is Darec on the imp side.

I've not been on in a week because the game's launcher has bugged out on me and been looping a download/install off the 11gb Main Assets 1 file that I'm still troubleshooting on the forums. The problems have bummed me out into a "I like SWTOR but it really doesn't like me to like it" phase I get into every once in a while when the game acts weird with a computer freeze or launcher problems or whatever else.

I'm sure I'll be back in time, just saying why I've not been on. :p

Huh, it just so happens I've probably had that same issue myself. It happened to me when it wanted to patch 1.3, but it got an error at some asset file. When it gave me an error, the repair option came up, which I tried a couple of times until it decided to work again. Don't know if you'll find out much from looking on the forums, I've done that myself and the most common answers I've seen were in the genre of "toughen up" or "keep trying".

I suppose it's lucky I got to keep everything when I went to Jedi Covenant from Telos Restoration Project. Legacy name and all toon names. Quidon, Ilson, and V'dori.

All safe and sound on a standard to heavy pop server..

Rocking V'dori at the moment..35th lvl and on Alderaan, so I'm good.

The guild I could care less about..cause they could care less about me. I have 2 friends that I made on TRP that transferred more or less with me that I hang out with regularly. But one I lost in the transfer, Lilla, from Canada..she had her baby right before the server transfers and I havent seen her since. Hope she gets back on at some point and makes the transfer...it'd be wonderful to see her.

And as far as my guild...don't care. Even if Quidon(50) left it..it's a much higher pop server so I feel like it's a wide-open fresh start. I'll meet more cool ppl eventually.

At this moment no, but this is just my Opinion. I understand its a new game, but it has been built to make implementing basic MMO systems almost impossible. To make this a living breathing MMO that I would personally enjoy as much as other MMO's I've played they would need to rebuild 70% of the game from scratch.

Open World, worth re-visiting planets, non linear

Player Housing

Fun expanded Economy

Guild cities/ships

ability to Change Faction and Profession

Hybrid skill sets

Post-Player creation Customisation (Barber, plastic surgeon)

Non Combat Professions (Crafter, Entertainer, swoop racer, smuggler (actually smuggles)

Customisable Ships, more styles and types (ie; not same ship for each class)

Day/night, weather cycle

Completely rebuild sharding system.. in fact the whole engine is crap

Remove Companions, just add pets or droid familiars (Give a buff, help in combat when needed, but not a necessity)

Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin

Again this is just my opinion, and thats how it will remain I assume, please don't quote me to try and prove me wrong or call me unrealistic... I just have very specific MMO tastes, tastes that have unfortunately fallen out of favor. people, or game companies it seems, want a "Quick Buck" on rails theme-park. sucks to be me lol :(

Alright for someone looking to get into the game...is it REALLY worth the $15 a month to you?

It all depends on the individual; personally to me it is worth it. I can't argue with adamqd points, because they are all true and I agree with many of them, but some of the others if implemented would make me question the cost of $15 a month. It is all a matter of personal taste, or in my case the lack there of. :xp:

I’m playing around 70 - 100 hours a month, so .22 cents a hour is pretty cheap entertainment for me.

Open World, worth re-visiting planets, non linear

Remove Companions, just add pets or droid familiars (Give a buff, help in combat when needed, but not a necessity)

So, remove any BIO qualities that even remotely salvage it, and rather be it another boring MMO clone instead of KOTOR with MMO-**** making it unappatitable?

Sure would be the opposite of "improvement" to me.

Wait, you want to REMOVE companions? Are you mad? Companions are awesome :carms: If I were still playing I'd tell you about how Silvana and Vette are an awesome red and blue team and how Lynk and Elara just cannot be taken down, or the way Priss always humiliates her companions just cause it's fun.

Without the companions, a lot of fun is taken away from the game.

Not really, I just want them removed from combat, I enjoy their company and stories, I hate doing PVE with them , I like to know my survivability and damage is based on my Character and play style, I hate having to rely on my Companion (Esp with my sage)

Archived