42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not going to start one of those "my class is nerfed" things are you? Cause players of every class go on about how their particular class in nerfed in some way.

I've played a lv 50 Vanguard, Marauder and Gunslinger. Was close to getting my Assassin to lv50 and was working on several other classes, I'm sure you've seen the screenshots of my toon list.

Whether you play a sage or whatever is irrelevant cause each class has their own strengths and weaknesses and the PvE stuff is pretty damn simple to take on, even without your companion. I've done it plenty of times, especially with Silvana cause by the time she reached lv50, Vette became useless because she still has very low level gear so she goes down instantaneously leaving me to take on a mob by myself with my Marauder and sometimes a patrol too when I get sloppy.

After playing through all of these different classes I've managed to figure out what makes each tick and how to best use their abilities, even when the odds are against me. My Sage may be sitting on the fleet at lv10 with the Rakghoul plague infecting her neglected ass, but I think I've played through enough of every other class to say that the whole "this specific class is nerfed in some way" argument is stupid.

I must be, I must have haXx0red the game.

EDIT: When you edited your post, you could have at least fixed the "Your" :p Just saiyan.

EDIT 2: Also, if you're playing as a healer then you'd need someone else regardless... I mean, I don't understand why you want to get rid of the system that is enabling you to play as a healer through the PvE stuff in the first place.

Your Wrong, but thats ok :) I cant do my dailies on Corelia without my DPS comp, and me set as a Healer, Just Saiyan

Why not? I can do them all but the CtS without my companion (and do when they are out on crewskills) with my Scoundrel... Hell I can even do the acid bath one with only one antidote as long as I have upper hand stacked. I can even do Lessons Learned on Belsavis solo (without companion) with either my Scoundrel or my Shadow (not saying I kill the Champs solo, just that I get credit for the quest without dying). With companion I even kill the champs.

I can also do all but CtS solo with my Shadow and that is without using CCs, since I am trying to learn to DPS better I've been limiting my companion use, stealth and my CCs use. My Shadow can't do CtS even with companion and another DPS, but my healer can take anyone through CtS just with companions. You can find the worse level 50 DPS player and if they can stay out of breaking CCs and use a Tank companion I will get them through CtS. :xp: I will say the one thing Scondrels have on Sages is the CCs and Stealth, however that is more than made up for in Sages ability to heal.

Lynk: I said "your wrong" regarding your detailed assumption of my situation, not that your wrong over all in your Post, I do very well on my Juggie solo. I went healer because its the only way I can do the dailies un grouped... as a DPS spec I die lol (I suck ok? :p )

Mav: I Liked what SWG had, there is nothing wrong with having a game I play be how I want it :)

Mim: I must suck at sage then :)

Open World, worth re-visiting planets, non linear

Player Housing

Fun expanded Economy

Guild cities/ships

ability to Change Faction and Profession

Hybrid skill sets

Post-Player creation Customisation (Barber, plastic surgeon)

Non Combat Professions (Crafter, Entertainer, swoop racer, smuggler (actually smuggles)

Customisable Ships, more styles and types (ie; not same ship for each class)

Day/night, weather cycle

Completely rebuild sharding system.. in fact the whole engine is crap

Remove Companions, just add pets or droid familiars (Give a buff, help in combat when needed, but not a necessity)

Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin

Most of these I can agree with. Though I would add, Free flight space. I would keep companions, but add the option for animal or purchasable droid companion. That leaves it open for others who enjoy companions.

It would be cool to have a pet that could serve as in a "Companion lite" role. I like having my companion character and a pet following me around but having them both help me out at the same time would be awesome.

(lol, I'm talking like I'm still playing the game when I'm not.)

Most of these I can agree with. Though I would add, Free flight space. I would keep companions, but add the option for animal or purchasable droid companion. That leaves it open for others who enjoy companions.

Dang forgot space lol, yea re-make space :)

(lol, I'm talking like I'm still playing the game when I'm not.)

Me too

BioWare have said that they've got big plans for the space battle/flight part of swtor... and they have mentioned several times that guild capital ships are only a matter of time. It'll probably end up being awhile until anyone sees those features though...

Mim: I must suck at sage then :)

Either that are you don't have the gear or are using pvp gear in the pve part of the game which I assume isn't correct since you know way more about this than me.

One of the two best players I know in the game is a Sage healer and other than being squishy, he is way better DPS even spec as a healer than my Shadow spec as DPS. Hell other than Mav gunslinger and Jeff's knight I don't know of many that can out produce Seijin's Sage. I really want to see his DPS Knight and Mav's Gunslinger playing together.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually quite psyched about the F2P model, it means more of the Fluff and Wall of crazy stuff will get implemented. I play MMO's to be another brick in the wall, its the small things that interest me;

MY own Story (Not Bioware's)

Customisation

Collections

Titles

Pets

Items

Exploration

World PVP

Community.

I have absolutely no Interest in being 1 of 115,000 Sith Warriors who all happen to be called Darth **** and get on the Dark Council. (I also avoid Ops, and FP's, never done one, dont care if I ever do)

F2P generally (and by the looks of what we have seen of the cartel currency system so far) Looks to be all about the "Fluff" which suits me.

I'd still like a bit more effort put in to reworking space, But I'm more interested now than I was 2 weeks after Launch :)

I just started plaing the free to play version and I love it. I was wondering, since I downloaded the game I made my game and so did two other people. If one of us buys it will we all get to play our seperate games??? Please help because we are thinking of getting it soon and I would like to have started it by then.

Will keep paying F2P does not allow Ops and limits HMFPs. Ops are the only reason I'm still playing and I have to have my HMFPs for the BH comms.

I'm a little worried about my interest waning, at level 49 1/2 legacy and almost full modified BH gear...just need MH, OH and Hat. Most other games once I reach the level limit I lose interest. Even my social level is filling up fast now that they count ops for social experience.

Archived