So who's still playing?

swphreak

Do you still play?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

I'm not officially coming back until they allow me to keep my toon names just the way they are if I transfer them over to The Harbinger... when/if they reopen the character transfers.

Your being moved automatically unfortunately bud, if you didn't transfer by last week you'll be moved to their choice of server when they close the locked servers. paid transfers will come waaay down the line.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your being moved automatically unfortunately bud, if you didn't transfer by last week you'll be moved to their choice of server when they close the locked servers. paid transfers will come waaay down the line.

Yeah, I already gathered this long ago when the transfers happened. I knew where it would lead which is why I'm so up in arms about it. Eventually I'm going to lose my toon names anyway. Right now as I type this post, there is a small chance I may return to swtor someday... but if my toons lose their names because of a forced transfer... well... that just means I'll NEVER return. Don't care if it's F2P, they'll lose me forever.

Yeah, well I don't play Animal Crossing anymore cause it won't let me choose my skin colour. People with light coloured skin only apparently unless you get a tan in the summer time.

I have my reasons why I play some games and refuse to play others... and my reasons don't have to make sense to everyone else, that's the beauty of personal choice.

I'm with Lynk on the name thing. I can't say if it's for the same reason as Lynk, but for me, once I name a character it becomes their name. Changing it just really screws with me. It's almost like if someone suddenly told me my pet's name was something else... sort of. I guess.

I played Dungeons and Dragons Online for a while when it came out. I quit playing due to the forced grouping with actually finding a group being nearly impossible most of the time. Anyway, I gave the game another try after they had a server merge and all my characters had new names. Lots of people where unhappy about it, but for me anyway, I couldn't get past it and so I left pretty much right away.

It might be a small thing to some people, but to many of us, our character names are important.

I like the way Cryptic handles it, um... no pun intended. Basically, you get a "handle." Mail, IM, Chat, and whatnot all go through your handle. Aside from making it easy to find people (in my brief time playing TOR, I never found one of you), it also prevents name conflicts. I can have a character named "Steve@BobLion54" talking to "Steve@LynkFormer" for instance.

When DDO had their server merge, some people were requesting they change to a similar system, but it turns out it's one of those things that's extremely difficult to change after the fact. They can do it, but it would take more dev time than they would consider worth it, basically.

So unfortunately, if your name is changed or is going to be, there's very, very little chance of getting it back.

Yeah, well I don't play Animal Crossing anymore cause it won't let me choose my skin colour. People with light coloured skin only apparently unless you get a tan in the summer time.

That's why I dont play NBA 2K12's career mode, you can't make a Caucasian, closest I can get is a west African Albino. so I moved on.

I agree with Lynk on the name thing. See it's one of those things that was a perk of being in the early launch. It's part of what they advertised during pre-orders. Jump in early and guarantee you get your name. Most of my toons carried over fine. But one... She lost her name. And it just isn't her anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've enjoyed the game immensely so far, but one thing that irks me is that every quest reward is either a commendation or a random lockbox. It seems you only get new items via heroic quests (which I'm too lazy to do), commendations (after you have enough of them which takes time...) and class questline's.

I'd like to get some goddamn upgrades to my items sometime.

Yeah I know... I just think It's a stupid system :p

I like this system because I can keep the look I want and just switch out the mods, enhancements and armoring.

The bad thing to me is once you hit 50 after the daily mods they go more to the gear drops because of set bonuses until you get to campaign gear. So my smuggler is in full BH now, but still looks like every other 50 smuggler that doesn't have campaign gear.

Everyone just has different taste. I can tell you right now my Knight and Agent will keep this look until they get to after 50 gear and even then unlike my smuggler and shadow I will keep this gear until when and if I get campaign gear and then I will move mods to it and get back my pre-50 look.

Only thing I still have on my smuggler and shadow is their MH weapons with Rakata/BH mods in them.

I went about 2 months now with my shadow looking like a 3 grade teacher from 1950's America. Finally got something the BH top so she doesn't look like a Nun with shoulder pads.

It doesn't bother me too much. Throughout the campaign, the only items that could be permanent are custom gear. Everything else is guaranteed to be a goner when you get to the endgame stuff. The upgrade items you get from class quests and bonus series are, in my opinion, enough to get you through the campaign. Okay, so some of the rewards are a bit on the cheap side, but when I'm levelling, the best reward I can get are the exp points.

Yeah that is one thing that annoys me about getting comms, and leveling gear in general. I picked Synthweaving since looks are important to me and I thought I would be able to make a bunch of cool armors while leveling, and they almost all look terrible. I think some classes have it better than others.

Yeah that is one thing that annoys me about getting comms, and leveling gear in general. I picked Synthweaving since looks are important to me and I thought I would be able to make a bunch of cool armors while leveling, and they almost all look terrible. I think some classes have it better than others.
Agreed. My main has armormech, which I hoped would yield me at least one great armor set, but they all look decent at best. And frankly, I thought crafters would have a lot more templates to build armor sets from. And yes, it seems some classes have better armor than others.

By the way, Phoenix, perhaps one of the flashpoints might get you a good-looking armor piece. My bounty hunter ran around with the Mercenary chestpiece from the Foundry for a long time until I got him the Black Hole chestpiece.

I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer.

First I am a smuggler gunslinger level 31. When does my Legacy kick in?

2. Can I make another toon without my first being on legacy and add the second toon to my legacy after my first toon gets it.

3. When people are asking for help (ie. lfg or lfp for such and such heroic), how do they get it show as a heroic quest when they are asking? Every time I do and type it in it looks normal while theirs is in orange and says Heroic+4 and name of mission.

Other than that and some I probably can't think of, I am really enjoying this game. I have heard others say they were dissappointed in it but I think since I didn't want to play it originally because it was an MMO that I am enjoying it more than them.

I still wish I had known everyone was on the Harbinger at the time but I have made some new friends on the Jedi Covenant and I think that is also what makes it fun for me is meeting other fans.

Edit: I remember one. Every time I go to the GTN (Galactic Trade Network) I can't find anything. I mean literally anything. Nothing for me or my companions. I fear I don't know how to use it correctly. Everytime I put in the search parameters nothing shows up. Even if I just say all nothing shows up. Yet I see tons of people using this thing. How does it work?

1. You get your Legacy when you finish Chapter 1 of your story. Should be around level 35. After finishing Tatooine and Alderaan, you should get a final mission that concludes the first chapter.

2. As long as they're on the same server, your toons will get added to your Legacy when it eventually is created.

3. Shift-left-click the mission and it'll show up in the chat. You can do this with items as well.

4. Did you use the search field? Because I always leave it open unless I'm looking for something very specific. Or have you narrowed down the level range? I leave that 1-50 as well. Other than that... pick "Prototype" or "Custom" or "Artifact" mostly for most items in the rarity option, "Legendary" will be very hard to find on the GTN. You might also want to keep the "useable by" to "all". I must admit, it still is somewhat sluggish, but it does work, as far as I know. :p

darn, Alderann been kicking my butt, guess I will have to tough it through once I get all these heroic quests done on the other planets.

the others are cool to know

On the GTN I don't usually change anything and leave it the way it is when I open it up which is on all. But the search button won't highlight unless I pick me under user most of the time.

The search button indeed doesn't highlight until you've specified enough. Leave the "useable" to "all" and specify the category, subcategory, slot (if available) and rarity. That should usually do it. So, for example, you'd pick "Armor" -> "Medium Armor" -> "Chest" -> "Prototype and Custom", leaving everything else to the standard settings and you'd get every blue and orange medium armor chestpiece available on the GTN.

Thinking yesterday may have been the first time I have been home at least part of the day and did not sign into TOR once. At least going to do BH tonight and a HMFP, but think I will play Skyrim again after that. Just need a short TOR break and since there isn't that many Ops going on with CA, I guess I have time to finish Skyrim and play ME3 again.

Not even sure I will worry about doing HMFP with Leyn'a the next few days. Hope this isn't a bad sign. :)

Archived