1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... you know how I said I was still playing but then up and left after the whole server transfer fiasco with the name changes? Well, after writing up a premature post about how I was done with swtor forever and ever and ever, I decided to actually check the game after mim guilted me into doing it in his mother-hen ways and it looks like I'm back in.

I have managed to keep all of my toon names EXCEPT for one. Ashnard has lost his name... but, I can live with that. His name out of all of them had the lowest priority. As mim told me over skype, looks like people who have invested the most time into the game, etc, get priority over their names... which means that's it's a good thing that I spent all that time playing the game and it's a good thing I decided to stay put on Vornskr and preserve my toons names.

It's been a turbulent few months in terms of my toons and swtor, but I'm glad I stuck to my guns and refused to move to try to save my toons identities.

I didn't realize it was per server since everytime I dabble at the create a new character it asks me which server to I want to choose I think. I may be wrong on that. I just thought it was 12 toons total. I know it went up to 12 with this last merger for people who had several toons on different servers.

At least I think thats what I read.

BioWare says no characters were deleted during the server consolidation and some people are claiming they have 20+ toons on their destination server now. Only problem is they will be unable to create any new toons until they have 11 or less characters on the server.

Happy to hear that Lynk is back in action. Unfortunately I've pretty much given up playing on PvE servers and am sticking with RP. It's Begeren Colony for me for the time being. I'm waiting to see what happens when free-to-play kicks in. I'm a bit leery of how the player population will change when people don't have to pay to play the entire game. My concern is that griefing/trolling may become much more rampant.

BioWare says no characters were deleted during the server consolidation and some people are claiming they have 20+ toons on their destination server now.
Have no clue how people do it. I have 7 toons and 2 of them take up 90% of my time. I would really like to get my 2 40 somethings to 50, but between Ops, Dailies and Weeklies, just don't have time. Just finished chapter 1 on my Knight (level 26) and I am betting she will be my next toon to hit 50. Like my shadow I love the game play on the Knight, but even better the Knight story has been really good so far. Who needs stealth and CCs when I can just kill everything and anything. :xp:

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd bump this thread and see how many people are still kicking it?

I gave up a couple of months ago as I was just tired of the lack of new endgame content and how they were rehashing existing content for raid progression. The cartel store also definitely contributed to my losing interest.

I still have some characters I'd like to level up but I only see myself doing that if they bring back double xp weekends.

Thought I'd bump this thread and see how many people are still kicking it?

I gave up a couple of months ago as I was just tired of the lack of new endgame content and how they were rehashing existing content for raid progression. The cartel store also definitely contributed to my losing interest.

I still have some characters I'd like to level up but I only see myself doing that if they bring back double xp weekends.

They give you now XP boost for being member of guild and if you activate all xp bonus from legacy should compensate double xp weekends.

Toked me 3 weeks to make a level 55 shadow and I like to waste time and enjoy the conversations and exploring.

I have sort of a Love/Hate relationship with it. I'll do a week or so and generally enjoy it, run a couple of Ops get some gear... Then its back to hate again. I've never rated it as even close to it's full potential, but its still has that potential! It desperately needs to open up, thematically, exploratively and factionally... I need to be able to play this as an MMO, and it doesn't play like that in my opinion. the community and exploration are purposely nerfed, for reasons I cant figure out. From what I hear of the secret space project, things could be going in the right direction, I just hope they release it in time.

Still love the game, but even I am thinking seriously about quitting.

Aw, seriously?! :( Suppose you've logged many more playing hours than I have. I still have yet to create toons for all the classes and have been seriously neglecting my Imperial ones. I'd actually like to have more time to play, but I can see how once you've reached endgame status with all your toons that it could get a bit boring.

I'm still playing it though, when I have the time. :)

@OP: Since May of this year, started playing, when my roommate moved in. Sporadic basis. Depends on both my availability and vacancy of the machine. What ultimately maters is how generous my roomie is feeling on a particular day. His acct., his machine afterall.

I might make a harbinger server toon to meet up with Totenkopf and Trench should anyone care to tag along. Otherwise I'll be on the Bergeren Colony server if anyone needs a Shadow Consular's general help or crystals to be crafted--I'll try to give a somewhat better deal.

Edit:

--Looks like I give a MUCH better deal than GTN. I still profit and undercut the norm. Few if any artifice made 'useless' items have not sold. Only time I'm hurting for credits are when I haven't sent comps out on missions to scavenge. It isn't as lucrative as in other games but it works keeping a 'toon afloat.

• 1 month later...

Started F2P in Jan and finally hit something of a wall. Gonna take a break (except for 2x points thing Nov27-Dec 2) from game for next two months other than cycling crew skill missions (which takes almost no time at all). Hopefully I'll feel more interested again come Jan.

Archived