42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came back after I'd left early this year (and I'd started like December of last year for the first time). Took my level 30 sorc up to 49 as of last night and loving it. My plan for this game is just to max his level (and gear and comp gear), and then solo lower-level content so I can feel like a supreme badass xD

Plus, I'll be helping out lowbies with their quests and such. (Again, feeling like a supreme badass) LOL

• 1 month later...

You're wrong... there are plenty of places where I've talked my way out of a fight during different class stories and avoided battles entirely. It's not always the "let's talk about it option" and it's never just that simple as selecting a single option, you sometimes have to go through a sequence of dialogue choices to convince your enemy to stand down for whatever reason.

Also, it's not false advertising, it's called not trusting your enemy.

I finally gave up playing because there's no way to talk my way out of a fight. Oh sure, I sometimes have the option of saying "Let's be reasonable about this," but it never succeeds.

That right there is called false advertizing.

Like Lynk wrote, I never remember it as being as simple as just choicing "Let's be reasonable about this" option. You usually have to pick the correct 2nd and sometimes a third correct option to avoid a fight. Smuggler and Agent seem to have the most of these options, which actually make sense to me storywise.

I have level 2 smugglers to 55, 1 knight to 55, 2 Consulars (1 55 the other 49), 1 Trooper 55, 1 Warrior to 50, 1 BH to 55, 1 Agent to 55, so the only one I don't know about is the Inquisitor (Lynk has all classes to 55, but knight), so we both know these options are there.

It isn't a false advertising issue, it is a learn to play issue. You really have to pay attention to the dialgue to avoid fights. If you are spacebaring though the coversation, then no, you are not going to be able to avoid the fight unless you just get lucky picking the right options.

just got playing on Oricon, that's sweet that they keep adding new worlds to this game!!! current gear is crap, it's mixed.. with campaign field tech boots, campaign field tech bracers, recruit enforcer mk2 belt, tionese enforcer chest, tionese enforcer headgear, [artifact]td-21a dread scout gloves...according to the elder game guide on swtor.com i should be going for dailies and getting the black market targeter gear. which is better for damage though, field tech or professional? or is field tech for sniper and professional for gunslinger?

just got playing on Oricon, that's sweet that they keep adding new worlds to this game!!! current gear is crap, it's mixed.. with campaign field tech boots, campaign field tech bracers, recruit enforcer mk2 belt, tionese enforcer chest, tionese enforcer headgear, [artifact]td-21a dread scout gloves...according to the elder game guide on swtor.com i should be going for dailies and getting the black market targeter gear. which is better for damage though, field tech or professional? or is field tech for sniper and professional for gunslinger?[/QUOTe]

When buying gear with comms (without set bonus) don't worry about what class it is for, pick the gear that most improves you stats. If you are playing a sniper, then you want 1) Cunning, 2) get accuracy to 100/110 tech (or as close as possible) then fill in with power and surge. Most crap has way too much crit and endurance. So mix and match until you get what you want. I think I bought 5 or 6 pair of boots to get unlettered mods and get my accuracy where it needed to be on my slinger. I even was buying healer gear, just for power enhancements.

Now when you get gear with set bonus, then make sure it is for your class. But it is only on the armor, so you can still mix and match mods and enhancements.

Also where have you been, I leveled my BH to 55 over the weekend and never saw you on to add to the guild.

Your gear is most likely fine for Oricon, I went through it on my shadow on most Rakata and Blackhole gear, but if you find me online, I will take my agent with you through it. Can't promise it will be fast, but can promise you will not die. :)

was playing black ops II, i'll be on a bit this afternoon once i get my driveway shoveled and food in my belly.

i want to get some of the quests on Makeb completed, i almost killed isotope-5 droid solo, but it wasn't happening. lol

well, i'll be on tonight into tomorrow morning haha.

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like Lynk and Mim are still here at least. I am going to sneak back in the back door. Hopefully ....got a new better system and maybe it will help. Also did some intense work in another MMO and actually made some progress learning skills, we will see. :)

glad you are ..some of you ..still here.

Hi guys, glad some of us are still "alive" i still reemmber how Lynk made a huge jump in his air car from the top of a crashed crawler all the way into the Baloon gondola and LIVED. it was impressive.

UPDATE: made it in, i guess i was on Corellia, doing the missoins there.

uh, how do i get the info to reset my Skill Points? they are all returned. a LOT of em . I am a Jedi Guardian class. thanks for advice on that, remember Lynk and Mim you both had a site with good info on what to set.

• 2 weeks later...

It is bad, I having had much time lately. Mainly now just logging on Sunday Nights and Tuesday nights for raids. Still try to do a few dailies during the week to just cover repair cost. :) When we start NIM I will have to play more just to cover the extra cost.

Archived