42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sporadically

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? You've been a pretty Vocal Champion for SWTOR... What changed Lynk?

The "voluntary" transfers happened... to a server which has a huge population and where all of toon names are taken, including Lynk.

I'm sticking to Vornskr despite everyone else leaving... it's going to be a dead server soon and pretty soon BioWare will most likely force a server merge, throw all our toons onto some other server, scramble our names so we have to reinput them (and lose the ones we had to begin with)... so yeah, this has totally screwed up one of the BIGGEST reasons that got me into the game in the first place and what had me invested in the game too.

They marketed the story and the adventure and the whole Star Wars fantasy thing... they ended up screwing me over with it in the end.

Yeah, about still playing this game... well, I've unsubbed and after my 120 days expires, that's pretty much that for me and swtor.

woah.. that's creepy. I just unsubbed myself. Probably for unrelated reasons, but still freaky.. hehe. Were your name(s) not transferable?

I simply don't have the time and can't see myself paying for the sub when it comes time to renew (after June, the year gets really busy for me). Plus, I think I'm still in my "meh phase".. I just don't have any interest in gaming atm.

As for ToR itself.. I still stand by it, even in my meh-ness ;) It's a fantastic game, and I can't think of anytime when I was playing it I wasn't having any fun. Just wish I had both the time and interest to sit at the gaming rig again.

I'm really hoping Torchlight 2 and the recent news about DeadSpace 3 will respark my interest.. but as of late, I'm just not feeling it anymore. Kinda sucks. :(

It's a real shame, I would've gone through hell and back for this game, I was pretty heavily invested in all aspects of it but they managed to pull on the one string that'd unravel everything for me. Well done BioWare, you managed to get a guy who vowed he'd never play an MMO in his life to actually play an MMO for less than a year, and then you managed to screw it up and push him away.

But do you know what kind of timeframe Vornskr is likely to be decomissioned?

I'm somewhat of the same mind as you, Lynk. I'm a bit attached to my character name (maybe not to the same degree), although I suspect it isn't as likely to be taken already on other servers, and I don't have a legacy name yet.

My bigger concern frankly is many of the people of the Carpets moving on from the game. SP style of play for me is ok to level 50 (which will take me a long time), and that is basically the way I am playing now, but no small part of the incentive to get to 50 is to be able play with you guys as a group. I don't have a whole lot of interested just playing with random people I don't know.

Honestly, if you guys all stuck on Vornskr until we were forced off, I'd do the same since in the end you are the only guys I care about anyway. :)

My bigger concern frankly is many of the people of the Carpets moving on from the game.

Hoping my time away will be temporary. Busy season and meh-ness aside. I'm sure come the return, I'll be searching out LFN'ers and whatever server you guys have moved on to. :D

You'll know it's me when everyone around you starts asking "is that you ChAiNz?" (aah the memories of that day) :lol::xp:

Honestly, if you guys all stuck on Vornskr until we were forced off, I'd do the same since in the end you are the only guys I care about anyway.

As far as I know, most of the high leveled members of TWC will move to The Harbinger, and the guild will be reopened on that server as well. I think that that is the best for the guild and its members. We get a more active server and the Casual Alliance, which TWC is part of, will move as well, which means we can still team up with members of the small guilds within CA to do Ops with (which TWC can't do on its own).

Vornskr won't be decommissioned or merged for some time (I think), but it's obvious that its population will decline after this transfer and a lot of TWC members will not be found on this server anymore. In my opinion, it's in everyone's best interest, then (certainly if you want to do endgame content with us), to move to Harbinger.

It's also possibly the only chance at a free transfer you'll get, so if you mean to transfer anyway, best to do it now.

Honestly, if you guys all stuck on Vornskr until we were forced off, I'd do the same since in the end you are the only guys I care about anyway. :)

I would Prime, believe me I hate the idea of leaving Lynk or any of you behind. However, we have never had the numbers to pull off Ops as a guild, most likely never would with the casual nature of our guild.

That is why Jeff, Lynk, Mav and Kus got us involved with Casual Alliance. Like you I had no interest in playing with strangers, but I have grown to really like those guys and gals and I also feel a sense of loyalty to them. When the transfers came up, my first thought was staying with them no matter what because without them I would have never got Brem geared. My thinking was also the guild officers would be for that too. I am also very thankful to the guild too and my loyalty is with it 1st and foremost, but for the guild members over 50 staying isn't a option unless leveling new toon is their only interest.

I hate that Lynk isn't going, the game has become far less important to me now, but I will be transferring most of my toons. I'm pretty sure Jeff and Mav have already started their transfers, so the guild is moving.

It's a real shame, I would've gone through hell and back for this game, I was pretty heavily invested in all aspects of it but they managed to pull on the one string that'd unravel everything for me. Well done BioWare, you managed to get a guy who vowed he'd never play an MMO in his life to actually play an MMO for less than a year, and then you managed to screw it up and push him away.

reminds me of in galaxies when i deleted Kioet, cause i messed up on character creation, tried using the name but it was 'already taken' so i went with Kioet' Csuhen. :D then like 3 years before they canned swg, they let me change kioet' to kioet. :)

but yeah i hear you man and understand why you're pissed. i would be pissed too if my legacy name 'Seerdon' ;) had been taken. i'd burn ****.

so yeah, this has totally screwed up one of the BIGGEST reasons that got me into the game in the first place and what had me invested in the game too.

I don't mean to nitpick, but the biggest thing that got you into the game was having the name Lynk(or whatever names of yours are taken on The Harbinger)? Your only real complain in your post was about not having your names carry over, so it seems like it's the biggest reason that got you into the game.

I'll also be on The Harbinger, along with Rogue15. Just gotta clean my mail out before I go. Nice coincidence that our mutual servers are merging into one server. Kioet had been balking about wanting to reroll on Vornskr to play with y'all, but now he doesn't have to. We're all together!

so where do i sign up for meatbags
While The Walking Carpets are definitely moving to Harbinger, the fate of the Meatbags is still unclear. At the moment, there is less incentive to move the Imperial guild, because only Lynk and me have a level 50 there (DP is inactive at the moment).

Wow. I guess BioWare is going to make those "mega-servers" happen without any hardware upgrades. :wonder:

Sorry it didn't happen under better circumstances but welcome to The Harbinger. :)

EDIT: So I just logged in and The Harbinger has 187 people in queue with an estimated 15 minute wait time... BioWare is going from one extreme to the other it seems.

I'm on it now too. My Trooper is named Hayne. My Agent is named Aegean.

Had to change both's names to get on Harbinger. Trooper's name was taken, he was Porter, after my nephew born a week before TOR's launch. Luckily his middle name was available, thus Hayne. :)

Daryl was taken for my Agent, so I went with Aegean, a name I used in SWG for a time.

Damn it's gonna take some getting used to those. Porter was such a strong name, and Daryl so slick(named after The Walking Dead's Daryl). Plus I used them both for months on Space Slug, so they felt comfortable.

Oh well, at least my legacy name wasn't taken. Ganath is my legacy name. Who knew the name of an obscure world in Hutt Space that is home to a species that has a slow form of FTL travel using steam-power who only showed up in a single comic issue wouldn't be in high demand? :p

Archived