Home

Euro 2012

Ping

The European Championship starts tomorrow, being hosted by Poland and Ukraine. Anyone else going to watch this? Any team(s) you're rooting for? Being of Polish heritage, I'm hoping Poland will at least do well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely watching it. I guess I should be rooting for my own guys (Croatia), but seeing that our coach is a complete plonker and the atmosphere in the team is rock-bottom, not to mention they play both Spain and Italy, so their chances of passing the group stage are slim to none.

Also, I have money on Poland and Russia today, so fingers crossed. :D

Never been really into the Euro championships and yes, that's because Belgium hasn't been in it since they organized the stupid thing. Don't really have a favorite team, but I'll be rooting for the underdogs all the way to the end. But if one of the big teams has to win it, then Spain can have it once more.

I'm generally not a massive fan of sports unless they involve horses, and I apologise if I end up taking this thread off topic a little, but I'll be watching because I'm curious to see if any teams will actually carry out their threats to either walk off or not play if faced with racist abuse.

Saying that, it's ridiculous that the FA should also make that promise while one of the players selected for England is currently awaiting trial for racist abuse - FIFA, UEFA and the FA have long accepted a ridiculous double standard concerning racism in the sport, and it's about time they actually did something to stamp it out instead of condemning it with empty words.

As for my own team preference, Deutschland über alles. :)

I'm going to go with my heritage and root for Germany and Portugal, who coincidently play each other on Saturday.

Additionally, I'll be keeping an eye on Spain....but that's just because of my favorite Chelsea player, Juan Mata. ;)

I'm going to go with my heritage and root for Germany and Portugal, who coincidently play each other on Saturday.

Haha, if I went by my heritage I'd end up rooting for half of Europe. I suppose Belgium and Portugal are the closest, but Belgium is not in and I'm not really in the mood to cheer CR7, so...

Haha, if I went by my heritage I'd end up rooting for half of Europe.

Well...you could do that :p

I'm not really in the mood to cheer CR7

Yeah....I'm not really cheering for him...I guess I'm more just cheering for Germany and just observing how Portugal does haha

Holland - Denmark 0 - 1

Now THAT I didn't expect.

Neither did I. Somehow, my younger brother predicted the Danes would win before the match started. I seriously do not know what compelled him to say that, but somehow, he got it right.

As sad as I am to see the Netherlands lose their first game, they didn't really seem to be trying all that hard for what little of the game I managed to see on my lunch break. I'm happy Portugal didn't win their game today though. I've never liked the Portuguese team's play style, and I think it would be somewhat amusing to see how far Germany can go in a Polish-set Euro competition. XP

I always root against the Dutch, so I guess it's been a pleasant surprise seeing Denmark win (Also, Zimling plays in Bruges so of course I'm gonna root for him). And then of course, typical Germany. Not that I'm a fan of Portugal, but yeah, I always root against Germany as well.

Archived