Home

Euro 2012

Ping

Anyone see Sheva? I'm not really rooting for Ukraine, but I'm happy for the guy. Also, England and France are both boring. :p

Yeah, I really didn't think he would have such a big impact on Ukraine's games, but in the end he scored two great goals and was the best player on the pitch. No mean feat for a man in the twilight years of his career.

As for England and France, the less said about that game, the better. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never been really into the Euro championships and yes, that's because Belgium hasn't been in it since they organized the stupid thing. Don't really have a favorite team, but I'll be rooting for the underdogs all the way to the end. But if one of the big teams has to win it, then Spain can have it once more.

Yeah our national team doesn't do well there it's a shame we've got really good individual talents right now for our squad: Kompany, Vermaelen, Hazard, Fellaini, etc etc. But no decent coach to bring it all together since Dick Advocaat betrayed us...

Well, guess you can never rule out the Greeks. What a surprise. Was watching the Poland-Czech game which I thought would be quite a match because both had to win, but bah, that was awful. Don't know what's up with that Poland team to collapse after just 20 minutes.

To me this seems like quite the present for the teams in Group B, playing Greece and Czech Republic. Obviously anything can happen, but Czech doesn't impress me one bit and Greece is still an easier opponent that Russia, in my opinion (and in no way do I see them winning against Germany, which is probably going to be their opponent).

To me this seems like quite the present for the teams in Group B, playing Greece and Czech Republic. Obviously anything can happen, but Czech doesn't impress me one bit and Greece is still an easier opponent that Russia, in my opinion (and in no way do I see them winning against Germany, which is probably going to be their opponent).

Yeah, the teams advancing out of the Group of Death got a real present right there. I couldn't believe Russia didn't advance; I thought they were a lock for the knockout rounds.

I'm almost completely sure that Germany are going to advance. I'm kind of hoping Denmark also get out of the group, since they've been one of the most entertaining teams for me thus far, but I don't think that's going to happen, unless they get really lucky.

The Irish fans were awesome. You don't see that a lot. But you couldn't have asked more from the Irish players. They lack the quality for a tournament like this, but they fought bravely.

@LDR: Austria never qualified. :)

@Ping: Yeah, also hoping Denmark will go through, but it's not going to be easy. Then again, if they can hold the Germans at bay for some time, the Germans could hold back later in the game. A draw wouldn't be a bad result for them and then it depends on what Holland does against Portugal.

The game between England and Ukraine is a prime example why goal-line tech is needed. I mean yeah, Ukraine was off-side, but if an official who is right there made a mistake, then it pretty much proved that FIFA is being too stubborn.

The game between England and Ukraine is a prime example why goal-line tech is needed. I mean yeah, Ukraine was off-side, but if an official who is right there made a mistake, then it pretty much proved that FIFA is being too stubborn.

agreed, but we need replays and a fourth official, We (England) should of had two penalties that game too.

agreed, but we need replays and a fourth official, We (England) should of had two penalties that game too.

We don't need more officials, the two extras that we already have by the goal lines are completely useless, as we've seen so far in the tournament.

We need the replay technology and apparently mandatory eye check-ups for the main official. The first one in line should be Herr Wolfgang Stark. :¬:

I agree with the above. I really don't know what those two extra officials at the goal lines are supposed to be doing there, but they really don't add anything to the game. It's time for football to go with its time and use the technology at hand to solve these things. Tennis added Hawk Eye not too long ago and it's great.

Anyway, Portugal won as I predicted they would, but the Czechs had a good first half. I'm not sure I'll remember much from that team, but at least they had a two revelations in Gebre Selassie and Jiracek.

Italy defeats England on penalties. Glad England are out, they were the least of all teams still in it, I think. But Italy didn't really impress. Even though it started out promisingly, a game to be forgotten. Italy will have to do a lot better against Germany.

I figured it would go to penalties, just judging by the way England and Italy have been playing. It seems that England's odds of winning a PK shoot-out are about the same as the USA winning the World Cup. :p

Archived