Home

Euro 2012

Ping

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the worst I've seen us play in a LOooong time, our strikers and mid-field spent the second half and 30 minutes of extra-time losing possession to Italy... If we had won the Penalty shoot out it would of been a travesty, Italy were rubbish too, but they deserved to move on in the competition. (To be honest, I'd rather lose to Italy than Germany though lol)

Thats the worst I've seen us play in a LOooong time, our strikers and mid-field spent the second half and 30 minutes of extra-time losing possession to Italy... If we had won the Penalty shoot out it would of been a travesty, Italy were rubbish too, but they deserved to move on in the competition. (To be honest, I'd rather lose to Italy than Germany though lol)

Lol the "West Ham reject" Diamanti was better than any player in the England squad, they were punching way above their weight. Italy were not rubbish, they controlled the game from start to finish pretty much, hit the woodwork twice and constantly hammered the defence and goalkeeper. It's by a miracle it got on to penalties but justice was served in the end. Young and Cole pathetic as usual overrated players anyways. Rooney world class? Forgettable performance all round to say the least. He can only score on penalties against teams like Wolverhampton or Wigan, useless.

Pirlo was world class all game, plus has b*lls of steel to take a penalty like that in a shootout...

Damn, I was really rooting for a German win. I loathed both Spain and Portugal, and all the Italy fans in my city are so obnoxious that if they win the competition I won't get any sleep for days. When Italy won the World Cup six years ago I thought the city was going to collapse in on itself.

Still. Better Italy than Spain.

Missed both the semi-final games, so I was surprised when this morning I heard it was Italy in the final, not Germany. Wow, that came out of nowhere. Then again, it's not entirely undeserved. This Italy is a lot easier to look at than years ago. Still going to root for another Spain win, though. I'm hoping little Iniesta's gonna shine once more.

Spain is European Champion! And how! That first half was probably the best football had to offer in this European Championship, with a decent and forward footballing Italy and a fenomenal Spain. A pity Italy fell to 10 men because of injuries, but in my opinion, a mistake by Italy's coach. Still, even with 11 men I doubt Italy could have gotten back in the match against this Spain.

Spain just made history by winning 3 major tournaments in a row. Congrats to them. I hesitate to say that they're the "best ever team," unlike some of the sports analysts, but they're certainly up there.

Spain just made history by winning 3 major tournaments in a row. Congrats to them. I hesitate to say that they're the "best ever team," unlike some of the sports analysts, but they're certainly up there.

Agreed. A lot of my friends are saying they are the "best team ever." Yes they are great, and truthfully could probably have two competitive national teams. But I wouldn't go as far as saying the best.

Congrats to Spain, they're really about showball, although I think their style been somewhat boring of late.

I don't really find it that boring...they're so technical, I find it somewhat beautiful. But this may just be my inner epeeist coming out :p

Spain is European Champion! And how! That first half was probably the best football had to offer in this European Championship, with a decent and forward footballing Italy and a fenomenal Spain. A pity Italy fell to 10 men because of injuries, but in my opinion, a mistake by Italy's coach. Still, even with 11 men I doubt Italy could have gotten back in the match against this Spain.
I agree. I love the way Spain plays (always passing in groups of three--so fast!), but the first half of the final game was definitely the best playing of the entire tournament. Bet the Spanish are still celebrating their win. :)

Wonder how they will do in the next World Cup?

Archived